Aldeer.com

Installing Huntstand

Posted By: Tree Dweller

Installing Huntstand - 08/04/22 06:34 PM

Having trouble on a new Samsung phone. I'm sure this is a huge app. How long should it take ? Any tips ? Icon just whirls and never gets anywhere.
I go where there is a strong signal and try to wait it out, without success.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/04/22 06:55 PM

I've had it on 2 samsung phones and it was a quick download and install on both
Posted By: jb20

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/04/22 06:58 PM

Hook up on wifi shouldn't take long
Posted By: Stoney

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/04/22 07:33 PM

Something is wrong with your phone. Make sure you are connected to WIFI and it should download fast. If if not connected to WIFI it should download fairly fast. Again, it might be a problem with your phone. If you are on Verizon go to one of their stores if close by and let them look it over.

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/04/22 07:53 PM

Thank you Guys. I'm not exactly a phone wizard. I'll try Wifi at a restaurant tomorrow. If that doesn't get it, the Verizon store is nearby.
I have no cell signal at the house. That's what is making this fun.

Why can't a Guy "tether" his phone to a desk top ? Obviously I have net access.

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/04/22 10:44 PM

If you have WIFI at home for a computer, you also have WIFI for your phone. You can go to your phone settings and pick out the name you gave your WIFI and it will connect every time you are in the house automatically. Verison can show you how also if needed.

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/04/22 10:48 PM

I installed Scoutlook years ago and Basemap, my hunting app now, a couple of years ago from my hunting club and we do not have WIFI there. It should not take WIFI to download. If it did, you couldn't open it and use it in the woods.
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/05/22 01:20 AM

I installed it on my Samsung phone yesterday after a buddy showed it to me and haven't had any problems with it yet.
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/05/22 02:42 AM

I thought this thread was going to be some crazy question about hanging a lock on or something like that 😂
Posted By: BamaStrapAssassi

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/05/22 04:25 AM

Man before you go through all the trouble of downloading that. Get onx instead

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/05/22 02:20 PM

I vote for BaseMap

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/05/22 04:25 PM

Well. I went to KFC and mooched off their Wifi. Looked like it had loaded about 58% while I was messing around waiting before.
It quickly finished up, and brought my maps and stuff with it. Thanks Aldeer ! Thanks Colonel !

There was no "progress line" when loading from Goggle Play. I didn't know if I was getting it or not.
Posted By: Highlander

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/08/22 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tree Dweller
Having trouble on a new Samsung phone. I'm sure this is a huge app. How long should it take ? Any tips ? Icon just whirls and never gets anywhere.
I go where there is a strong signal and try to wait it out, without success.

Have you tried the app HuntWise yet?
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/09/22 05:34 PM

Deleted Huntstand and installed Basemap. It's great.

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/09/22 06:10 PM

I have had Basemap now going on three years. Each time I had a problem learning one of the features I would contact Basemap thru the app and always got back an answer within a few hours, sometimes even less. Great support and after you learn all the features it is a great hunting tool.
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: Installing Huntstand - 08/09/22 11:26 PM

Love basemap
© 2024 ALDEER.COM