Aldeer.com

Permethrin spray

Posted By: Turkey_neck

Permethrin spray - 08/02/22 06:13 PM

What is the ratio y’all use again? Headed to scout in Kentucky this weekend and my buddy says they are horrible up there.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/02/22 06:31 PM

1 oz per 16oz
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/02/22 07:28 PM

20:1 ratio has always worked for me
Posted By: Fldoghunter

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/03/22 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by deadeye48
20:1 ratio has always worked for me

That's what I do and it works good to keep the ticks off. The commercial tick spray is .5% and what I bought from the feed store is 10%.

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/03/22 02:15 AM

I don’t do math y’all should know that by now. Oz to oz mixture I’m not in to thinking that hard.
Posted By: hayman

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/03/22 02:59 AM

The more the better. Go buy 5 gallons and just soak the clothes in it and dry them good and you should be fine.
Posted By: bhammedic84

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/03/22 03:20 AM

Bradley, take the permethrin 10% you can get from tractor supply get you a 32oz spray bottle.. use the measuring portion of the permethrin bottle and draw up 1 oz - 2oz of juice and add to spray bottle then fill the rest of the bottle with water.. spray clothes and hats with it and let dry... i done this 2 times on my clothes i wear in the woods during summer months and i have no issue with ticks or even flying insects for that matter.
Posted By: johnv

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/03/22 03:44 AM

Permethrin worked on everything except lonestar ticks trapping for me this summer. They were horrible in June for whatever reason and now they have almost disappeared thankfully
Posted By: hayman

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/03/22 03:50 AM

I honestly don’t know what ratio to mix for this but I have some we can mix up and spray your clothes (or mainly Stephen’s clothes).
Posted By: Chiller

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/03/22 10:38 AM

16 oz bottle. 1 ounce permethrin 15 ounces of water.

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/03/22 11:36 AM

Thanks those are the numbers I can work with.
Posted By: pcola4

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/03/22 12:27 PM

premethrin is good for chiggers too isn't it?
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/03/22 06:26 PM

Make sure you use water base, not oil and there's no way to determine the mix rate without knowing the concentrate. When done throw dogs and cats in the leftover for a dip or add a little more poison and put on ant beds.
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/04/22 03:43 AM

I tested positive for Rocky Mountain spotted fever last month. I will be using this soon
Posted By: Cactus_buck

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/04/22 06:22 AM

To go from the 10% concentration down to the 0.5% solution that I need to get to soak my clothing with, I start with a 1 gallon jug of water. For this to work I need 1 part permethrin to 19 parts water. To achieve this I pour off 6.5 ounces of water from the jug and then replace it with 6.5 ounces of permethrin.

I soak my clothes for a while and hang dry. Sun breaks it down so keep out of sun. Can use multiple days. I use this when I hike for 4-5 day trips. Never had a bug problem.

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/04/22 12:18 PM

Got everything doused in a shady area drying now.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/04/22 01:02 PM

Why not just buy the repel brand permetherin spray it seems to work great for us. Order off amazon
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/04/22 03:24 PM

Does it effect the smell of clothes, for deer hunting?
Posted By: Ruger7mag

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/04/22 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Why not just buy the repel brand permetherin spray it seems to work great for us. Order off amazon

It's way cheaper to mix yourself.
Posted By: Fldoghunter

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/05/22 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by HHSyelper
Does it effect the smell of clothes, for deer hunting?

The stuff I've mixed smells kinda waxy (for lack of a better term). Like unscented parifin wax. It also still works after several washings and the smell is gone as best as I can tell after 1 or 2.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/12/22 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by bhammedic84
Bradley, take the permethrin 10% you can get from tractor supply get you a 32oz spray bottle.. use the measuring portion of the permethrin bottle and draw up 1 oz - 2oz of juice and add to spray bottle then fill the rest of the bottle with water.. spray clothes and hats with it and let dry... i done this 2 times on my clothes i wear in the woods during summer months and i have no issue with ticks or even flying insects for that matter.

I use 1.5oz of I think 40% Martin's.

Works like a champ. Keeps those little swarms of yellow flies off me I have more trouble with them than ticks. I spray my hat as well.

Re: Permethrin spray - 08/12/22 05:24 PM

It worked great for us. Only two ticks seen in two days.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM