Aldeer.com

Cellular Feeder

Posted By: riflenut

Cellular Feeder - 07/03/22 01:28 PM

A couple years ago we went from hand corning several spots to feeders. Goal was to cut back on the number of trips in and out. What we've accomplished is attracting hogs to each and every feeder. We've also managed to reduce the number of deer sightings in the same areas. I know I can put hog panels around the feeders but really don't want to. It seemed when we were hand corning we saw more and better deer and very few hogs. I know they make remote control feeders but you have to be pretty close to the feeder for them to work. Here's my plan, I'd like to have a feeder with a "cellular receiver" I can remotely turn on and off. Put some corn on the ground a couple days before I'm heading to the woods. Any such thing out there either specifically made for a feeder or a combination of parts I can adapt?
Posted By: k bush

Re: Cellular Feeder - 07/03/22 02:31 PM

Look into the Controllers they use on the home brew hog traps
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Cellular Feeder - 07/03/22 03:06 PM

If there is such a thing already made I cannot find it and not from the lack of searching. I've requested Moultrie to develop it using the suggestions/ideas form on their website just a few months ago.
Posted By: Tree Dweller

Re: Cellular Feeder - 07/03/22 04:23 PM

Try a KT-G3-A 4G Auto Relay Switch... (Amz)

Meant for gate openers, lights, heaters. Should work at 145$ w/ none in stock. smirk
Posted By: Bwhqlen

Re: Cellular Feeder - 07/04/22 06:26 PM

Rtu 5024 gsm relay would be the cheapest cellular relay make sure it's a 4g version, will only work with AT@t or t mobile cell network
Posted By: Fldoghunter

Re: Cellular Feeder - 07/04/22 07:33 PM

Sure would be nice to be able to adjust settings without driving 400 miles to do it. Could turn it off when acorns start falling and back on when they clean them up.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM