Aldeer.com

Cleburne County / Ranburne deer herd

Posted By: ALclearcut

Cleburne County / Ranburne deer herd - 06/23/22 01:19 AM

I'm going to be hunting a new area in Cleburne County a few miles west of Ranburne. Anyone know much about the deer population in this area? Rough terrain with high ridges but a good mix of cattle pasture, abandoned fields, clearcut, hardwoods, pines, etc. I know this isn't the black belt, but am hoping it has enough population to see a few deer most hunts.
Posted By: JustHunt

Re: Cleburne County / Ranburne deer herd - 06/23/22 01:50 AM

West of ranburne as in trickem valley? From what I’ve heard and seen from all my family around there is not a lot of deer but you will run into a pretty good one here and there. My uncle has a good bit of land in Bowden Georgia and he’s killed some very nice deer off of it.
Posted By: ALclearcut

Re: Cleburne County / Ranburne deer herd - 06/23/22 01:55 AM

Yea not too far from that area.
Posted By: Thread Killer

Re: Cleburne County / Ranburne deer herd - 06/23/22 07:46 AM

Herd tale of some good ones around there.
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Cleburne County / Ranburne deer herd - 06/24/22 06:06 PM

Lot of Poachers and Piddling in that area. Sent you a PM.
Posted By: LetOff

Re: Cleburne County / Ranburne deer herd - 06/24/22 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller

What area in AL is that not going on ? I could say that about every lease I've had plus my own land.
Posted By: JustHunt

Re: Cleburne County / Ranburne deer herd - 06/24/22 08:54 PM

I’m sure there are. Just like there’s poachers and piddlers in every county in this state. I’ve got a lot of family right in there. Some are good folks and some aren’t. Just the way life is. If I knew exactly where the property was I might could tell you a little more about it.
Posted By: Be_Cam

Re: Cleburne County / Ranburne deer herd - 06/24/22 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by JustHunt

I’m sure there are. Just like there’s poachers and piddlers in every county in this state. I’ve got a lot of family right in there. Some are good folks and some aren’t. Just the way life is. If I knew exactly where the property was I might could tell you a little more about it.

X2

I grew up in that area. Pm me if I can help
© 2024 ALDEER.COM