Aldeer.com

Turkey Vest for Treestand?

Posted By: AC870

Turkey Vest for Treestand? - 05/07/22 11:42 AM

I intend to get back into climbing in a climber a little more in the upcoming season.
But I’ve been a bit vexed about how to carry my stuff. A backpack is kind of out since the climber will be on my back. I’m thinking of using my turkey vest to haul my accessories and snacks. What think ye?
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Turkey Vest for Treestand? - 05/07/22 11:53 AM

I strap my pack to the stand, then the stand is strapped to my back and go walk. Then pull the pack up with a rope or strap it to the front bar and bring it up when I climb.
Posted By: billrv

Re: Turkey Vest for Treestand? - 05/07/22 11:55 AM

Primos had or still has an archery vest, I like mine for climbing has enough room for what I need
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Turkey Vest for Treestand? - 05/07/22 01:05 PM

I use one of the Elite vests for deer hunting and have for years. First thing I did was remove the seat and I don't even know where it is. Without the seat, it weighs almost nothing and has plenty of pockets for the deer stuff. I put everything I might need in the vest and don't go deer hunting without putting it on. It's no hindrance at all for climbing. I've looked at systems others use and have never thought them as good as my vest.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Turkey Vest for Treestand? - 05/07/22 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by BowtechDan
I strap my pack to the stand, then the stand is strapped to my back and go walk. Then pull the pack up with a rope or strap it to the front bar and bring it up when I climb.

This is how your do it.

A turkey vest won't work with a safety harness.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Turkey Vest for Treestand? - 05/07/22 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

This is how your do it.

Rock climbing harness.
Posted By: JA

Re: Turkey Vest for Treestand? - 05/07/22 04:43 PM

My safety harness has as many pockets as my turkey vest. I use a HSS Pro Series climbing harness.
Posted By: YellaLineHunter

Re: Turkey Vest for Treestand? - 05/07/22 05:30 PM

This is how your do it.

Same here
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Turkey Vest for Treestand? - 05/09/22 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by JA
My safety harness has as many pockets as my turkey vest. I use a HSS Pro Series climbing harness.

This is how I do it! But I use a rubber wire to wire the pack to the side of the top of the climber once set up in the tree
Posted By: Antelope08

Re: Turkey Vest for Treestand? - 05/09/22 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by YellaLineHunter

This is how your do it.

Same here

I
Originally Posted by JA

Originally Posted by JA

Same here.....works pretty good.....
Posted By: jwp0020

Re: Turkey Vest for Treestand? - 05/09/22 03:39 PM

I found a primos vest, as well. It fits over the top of a safety harness, and has a slit for the top portion of your safety can be attached to the tree without obstruction. It was a game changer for me.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM