Aldeer.com

Salt licks.

Posted By: Bustinbeards

Salt licks. - 02/20/22 10:57 PM

Went and freshened up some salt licks and started a new lick today. I run cams on licks all year and They usually start hitting them pretty hard in the next month at our place. [Linked Image]
Posted By: booner

Re: Salt licks. - 02/21/22 12:11 AM

Just finished mine up this weekend. Going to add some additional spots next week just for fun but that’s it.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Salt licks. - 02/21/22 12:33 AM

I used to put it out too but I found they only hit it in the spring and summer. No real value during hunting season at least where I was.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Salt licks. - 02/21/22 12:46 AM

Good to know BustinBeards - I usually don’t put cams on mine till August- I put minerals out 2 weeks ago and still running cams at feeders
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Salt licks. - 02/21/22 02:54 AM

You finding that aqua salt cheap somewhere?
Posted By: YellaLineHunter

Re: Salt licks. - 02/21/22 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Fullthrottle

Busted bags at Lowe’s.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Salt licks. - 02/21/22 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
I used to put it out too but I found they only hit it in the spring and summer. No real value during hunting season at least where I was.

The reason they are used so much in the spring and summer is because all the forage is lush and the salt helps with all the water they take in eating the new green growth.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Salt licks. - 02/21/22 01:38 PM

Yes, free, neighbor had a pool installed and the company used 15 of them to hold his liner in place. He gave me all 600# once he didn’t need them, they Work great for salt licks.
Posted By: Mansfield

Re: Salt licks. - 02/21/22 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards

Yes, free, neighbor had a pool installed and the company used 15 of them to hold his liner in place. He gave me all 600# once he didn’t need them, they Work great for salt licks.

Guess he didn’t know he would eventually need them and hope he put some in. That is if it’s a saltwater pool.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM