Aldeer.com

Staying warm

Posted By: Huntnwork

Staying warm - 01/22/22 02:12 PM

What are you wearing this morning to keep warm? I have on several layers and It’s tolerable. Could have stood to put on one more but not sure I could have moved enough to shoot if I needed to.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 02:13 PM

First Lite. Never thought I would spend that kind of money on hunting clothes.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 02:16 PM

Heater body suit
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 02:18 PM

It ain't about how much you wear it's what you wear and where you put it.
Everybody is different in what it takes to stay warm you just have to figure out your system.
Big key is not wear so much that you sweat walking in.
For me I start out with a merino base layer and socks then a insulating layer. Then my outer clothes usually when its below 35 I pack my coat and bibs in and put them on when I get situated
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 02:28 PM

2 layers of Under Armour underneath my Nomad coat and pants. I’m warm as can be!!! Nomad is highly underrated on its warmth and comfort compared to Sitka and some of the other brands that are 3-4x the price…watch Nomad’s website for their end of season sale. I bought this whole suit I’m wearing today for under $150 with shipping included
Posted By: YellaLineHunter

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 02:41 PM

The key I found is you want a base layer that will wick moisture, mid layer that is an insulating material and your outer layer is considered your protection layer ex. Wind and water proof. A good warm hat, face mask/ neck gaiter, gloves. I also found that my feet would sweat in my boots when I was making the drive from home to the land I would be hunting. I started to wear tennis shoes when driving. Lastly I usually put my outer layer on when I got to where I was going to hang my stand. Worked for me in Iowa winter.
Posted By: MorningAir

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:07 PM

I read on aldeer about wearing wool socks. I tried it yesterday and couldn’t tell it made any difference. My feet still got a little cold.

I did notice that when I took my boots off my feet didn’t stink and were dry, so wool didn’t make my feet sweat.
Posted By: booner

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:18 PM

Minus 33 heavy base layers, sweater like pants mid layer, performance hoodie and jacket/pants that are Scentlok fleece with windbreaker lining. Boots are Muddy Sport non insulated with Dar Tough socks and hot hands on the toes.
Posted By: CCC

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:25 PM

Buddy heater
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:26 PM

AUDeerhunter, which Nomad set do you have? I have the Harvester set and the Barrier NXT set. While the Harvester stuff is warm and windproof it ain't enough for mornings like today. The Harvester stuff is Berber fleece lined but is not insulated. Nomad didn't have an insulated outer layer (late season) line of clothes this year like in years past with the Cottonwood and Conifer series. They didn't/don't have any bibs this year either except for one set in waterfowl line of clothes.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:28 PM

Thermal shirt, moisture wicking shirt, 1/4 zip micro fleece, hoodie sweatshirt, heavy quilted hunting coat. Thermal long underwear, micro fleece pants, thinsulate bibs. 2 pairs wool socks, 800 gram LaCrosse boots, carhartt boggin, warm glovesb
Posted By: DoubleShoalsJR

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:41 PM

Battery warmed seat cushion
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:41 PM

I just gotta figure out keeping my feet warm
Posted By: TideWJO

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:44 PM

Duofold heavy base layer, Sitka stratus pants, Sitka fanatic hoody and, sitka fanatic jacket. I am toasty. Worth every penny.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:48 PM

I get tired of looking like the Michelin man this time of year. I got the Wooltimate top from Cabela’s. Berber fleece bottoms from Cabela’s. I’ve made it ok. Fingertip been cold all morning. Toes a tad cool now.
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by MorningAir
I read on aldeer about wearing wool socks. I tried it yesterday and couldn’t tell it made any difference. My feet still got a little cold.

I did notice that when I took my boots off my feet didn’t stink and were dry, so wool didn’t make my feet sweat.

👍
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by TideWJO
Duofold heavy base layer, Sitka stratus pants, Sitka fanatic hoody and, sitka fanatic jacket. I am toasty. Worth every penny.
I have a old Duofold top I can’t wear unless I’m in a stand and 20 degrees. That thing is the best top I’ve ever had for warmth. Probably 30 years old
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by lefthorn

Mickey Mouse boots are your best friend. They are super heavy, but you can step over them in water and your feet will still stay warm. Best boot I have ever owned for keeping your toes from freezing off. Nothing else even comes close.
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by just_an_illusion
AUDeerhunter, which Nomad set do you have? I have the Harvester set and the Barrier NXT set. While the Harvester stuff is warm and windproof it ain't enough for mornings like today. The Harvester stuff is Berber fleece lined but is not insulated. Nomad didn't have an insulated outer layer (late season) line of clothes this year like in years past with the Cottonwood and Conifer series. They didn't/don't have any bibs this year either except for one set in waterfowl line of clothes.

I have the Harvester pants and the Cottonwood jacket. I love them!!!
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 04:11 PM

Poly pro layer, merino layer, Sitka shell
Posted By: TideWJO

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by woodduck
I have a old Duofold top I can’t wear unless I’m in a stand and 20 degrees. That thing is the best top I’ve ever had for warmth. Probably 30 years old

I’ve been wearing duofold for years. It’s not wool or anything fancy but it does the trick for me.
Posted By: Hornhntr

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 04:24 PM

This may sound crazy but a couple of years ago I started putting hand warmers in my chest pockets and around my kidneys. My thinking is you keep your blood warm and core temp up. My feet stay warm in just wool socks and leather boots and I don’t even wear gloves anymore. Might not work for everyone but it solved my issues and I can sit all day in the 20’s easy. As far an everything else I wear wool base with Sitka Sratus for the wind Down to about 40 then add a down puffer down in the 30’s. Anything colder and I wear Sitka Fanatic. Yes the stuff is expensive but It’s good.

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 04:40 PM

Sitka fanatic is probably the best investment I’ve made for hunting other than my rifle. I paid around $800-$900 for it six years back and it shows no sign of wearing out. Keep your base layers free from sweat and toasty you will be
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 04:44 PM

Usually, my feet are what gets cold. I drank coffee to keep my feet warm. Once I figured that out, I’ve been good ever since.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 04:46 PM

I guess the two best things I've done to stay warm is get the hand warmer muff
https://gnarlygorilla.com/products/...htype=e&device=m&placement=&[value]&feeditemid=&targetid=pla-4576098692492039&adposition=&msclkid=954fbe3084f416f92281dfdcb0cf4108&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP%20Shop%20-%20Misc&utm_term=4576098692492039&utm_content=Catch%20All
and the Arctic Shield insulated boot covers.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...msclkid=d2dc41271ec41f97723420cb2a6c967f
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 04:47 PM

Y’all buy you a heater body suit and it won’t make a damn what you wear. I’m dressed like it’s turkey season inside this thing lol
Posted By: globe

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 04:48 PM

Just layers and coveralls
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 05:11 PM

Wear crocks I know or socks while driving then change my socks when I walk and get to where I’m going kinda of a pain to do but if my feet get to cold I’m done. Layers and a fleece jacket and pants
Posted By: Narrow Gap

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 05:19 PM

Double layer of Merino wool heavyweight base layers. Under Armor thin base layer next to skin. Heavyweight coverall Outer layer. Keeps Me warm in freezing conditions.
Posted By: Turkey Petter

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 05:33 PM

This setup has always worked on the coldest of mornings for me:
1. Merino wool socks - 1 pair
2 Thermal top/bottom - Walmart
3. Chamois pant
4. Hooded sweatshirt
5. Insulated coveralls
6. Shooting mittens
7. Neck gaiter
8. Toboggan
9. LaCrosse 800 or 1000 gram insulated boots

**Carry coveralls until you get to your stand. Don’t put on the neck gaiter or toboggan until you get settled in your stand, on the ground, or in a shooting house.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 05:40 PM

Heck, this morning was pretty moderate without any wind.

Today I wore merino wool base, a heavyweight fleece base on top over the merino, a wool knit sweater, and Sitka stratus outer layer. Plus normal cotton socks and uninsulated hiking boots. Brought wool gloves and neck gaiter but never put them on.
Posted By: CGR

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 07:18 PM

Heater body suit
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 07:54 PM

I have on a lightweight base layer, midweight layer shirt, heavier base layer upper and lower, lightweight camo upper, army pants, day one camo fleece insulated bib, and matching jacket. Fleece face mask and fleece cap.

Warm as can be except for feet. I wore military mucklucks this am.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 08:06 PM

2 rubber bands and 2 hot hands will keep your feet warm on the seriously cold days. Just slap a rubber and and hand warmers on toe of boot once you get where you are going. Looks funny but works surprisingly well and is a cheap fix.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 08:20 PM

Can’t believe no one mentioned this

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rkt

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 08:20 PM

Chevy Silverado heated seats! Add in the steering wheel for windage and power windows for elevation adjustment you have winning combo gun

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by NWALJM

[Linked Image]

Gonna invest in some new cold weather gear. Just can’t decide between a Snuggie or Sitka gear.
Posted By: Peach

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 08:38 PM

I use the disposable toe warmers for my feet. They work great.
Posted By: Ant67

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 10:23 PM

I cheat. Makita heated jacket and heated insoles in my boots
Posted By: fr8-shkr

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 10:24 PM

I use Huntworth heavy and mid weight fleece. Love their stuff. The heavy stuff is very similar to the old bass pro expedition windproof fleece.
Posted By: General

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 11:09 PM

I broke down and bought some Sitka gear and it is the best stuff I’ve ever worn. I think it’s the fanatic line and it has to be cold to be able to wear it.
Posted By: Semo

Re: Staying warm - 01/22/22 11:46 PM

When it is below 20 I'll break out the columbia gallatin wool pants and coat. Below 10 or 15 and I make sure I have long underwear, turtle neck, 2 layers of fleece, the columbia pants, and my old 4 in 1 parka. with my 1600 alphaburlys on my feet. Toasty.

Id rather have handwarmers in my pockets than wear gloves but a pair of wool gloves feel pretty good too.
Posted By: redgineer

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 02:24 AM

The most important thing for me is to walk in dressed lightly and then layer once I'm at my stand. The slightest sweat leads to freezing, especially the toes. I wear tennis shoes on the drive, walk in wearing boots and one pair of socks, then put on a second pair once I'm setup.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 04:36 AM

Uh, DoD issued polypro, cabelas fleece jacket, and Walls coveralls. Sorry, hi-tech hi-$$ ain't required.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 05:20 AM

Buddy heater and a shooting house
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Huntnwork
Originally Posted by NWALJM

[Linked Image]

Gonna invest in some new cold weather gear. Just can’t decide between a Snuggie or Sitka gear.

Walmart has another option to consider😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Set-Tugg...losure-Weener-Kleener-Soap-2oz/887565057
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 11:47 AM

My buddy was singing the Sitka praises last week in Arkansas. I checked on prices when I was at Mack’s. Ouch!!
Posted By: Buck_TrackingAL

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 01:34 PM

Artic shield bibs and jacket, Sitka beanie and gator.
Posted By: Semo

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc

My buddy was singing the Sitka praises last week in Arkansas. I checked on prices when I was at Mack’s. Ouch!!

No doubt, I asked my buddy and he said kuiu is the way to go. I thought, "you realize your telling this to the guy that wore trash bags under his camo because my dad wouldnt buy raingear when I was growing up."

Kind if like the weekend fisherman that " needs" a $70k ranger so he can catxh a fish.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 04:05 PM

My trousers I wear for cold weather hunting were made almost 60 years ago grin 60% wool - 40% cotton USAF, Aircrew, Heavy Zone, Type F-1B manufactured by Skyline Clothing they are dated 19 July 1962, my other pair are dated 15 February 1963

They look just like these.

https://locknwalkharness.com/produc...ts-34-usaf-flying-military-skyline-green
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by redgineer
The most important thing for me is to walk in dressed lightly and then layer once I'm at my stand. The slightest sweat leads to freezing, especially the toes. I wear tennis shoes on the drive, walk in wearing boots and one pair of socks, then put on a second pair once I'm setup.

You are correct, Sir.
Posted By: globe

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 04:49 PM

Layers is the key. It doesn’t matter what brand. I wear a thin top and bottom base, then jogging pants on bottom, two cotton turtle necks, a little thicker shirt over them and a pullover over that. Then slip in some coveralls. I can sit through anything in Alabama.
Most of my hunting clothes are 20+ years old. I never wash them unless I sweat in them and leave them hanging outside all season in the carport. Works for me.
Posted By: ShootemupTex

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 07:24 PM

Did all the layering last week and my legs got cold. Thew an old red sleeping bag over it that did the trick for me. Deer can't see red any better than hunter orange right?
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 07:43 PM

I can’t keep everything on me warm but my damn feet. It’s takes no time and my feet are numb
Posted By: jb20

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by johndeere5036

I can’t keep everything on me warm but my damn feet. It’s takes no time and my feet are numb

Get u some hot hands toe warmers...i don't even need inulated boots with em

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs
Originally Posted by redgineer

You are correct, Sir.

I put my Sitka bibs and jacket in a compression sack and tie it to my pack. When I get to my spot I strip, wipe down, then put on base layers and Sitka. Hiking clothes go in a plastic bag
Posted By: Okatuppa

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rocket62
I put my Sitka bibs and jacket in a compression sack and tie it to my pack. When I get to my spot I strip, wipe down, then put on base layers and Sitka. Hiking clothes go in a plastic bag

Just curious, do you reverse this process on the way out of the woods?

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 11:04 PM

Well y’all certainly gave me a lot of options to think about. My wife said Sitka is a no go that I can buy some more hot hands and toe warmers. She about had a meltdown when I bought an under armour base layer 3.0 a few years ago. She’s a penny pincher and I’m a little more frivolous when it comes to hunting.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: Staying warm - 01/23/22 11:18 PM

Walls coveralls
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Okatuppa
Originally Posted by Rocket62

Just curious, do you reverse this process on the way out of the woods?

I do the same as Rocket62 with all my hunting clothes in a huge back pack. Wear tshirt and briar pants for the walk in. Change socks and put on base layers and outer wear at the stand. Reverse process on the way out
Posted By: jake44

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 12:32 AM

This AM i had on Magellan 3.0 base layer from Academy $20 for top $20 for bottoms, and wore Nomad Harvester Bibb and Jacket
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 01:03 AM

Found this on Amazon a while back and really like it.

Keeps me warm
Posted By: Hammertime7v2

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 01:35 AM

If I'm taking a 4-wheeler or ranger, I get dressed outside at camp and ride with as few clothes as I can stand without freezing. When I get to where I'm parking I'll either put the rest on or carry what's left to my spot.

If I'm driving my truck, I drive out there in base layer only and get dressed off the tailgate and walk in. If it's not cold weather, I carry in anything that would make me get close to sweating and put it on when I get there.

And before I do all that, I hunt the wind.

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 01:44 AM

I will say this about the sitka cold weather gear (fanatic), that stuff works. I was asleep in my climber in 29 degree weather and an 8mph North wind 30ft up a tree on the tippy top of a hill Saturday morning and woke up to some awful racket in the woods. It was a buck chasing a doe. I took about a second to size him up and I barely had enough time to pull up and shoot. I don't know how long I'd been asleep but I was warm enough to be really comfortable.
Posted By: grundan

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 01:55 AM

To the Sitka users; do you use the “fanatic “ or “incinerator “ line?
Posted By: kkfish

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 02:13 AM

Fanatic. It’s expensive but when it gets cold here it’s worth every penny. It hurts when u purchase it but I’ve got something that’s warm from now on.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by grundan

I have both. Incinerator is warmer, less bulky, and waterproof. I rarely wear it because fanatic is usually the right amount of warmth I need. I wouldn’t walk around in either one. Too hot to walk in and too expensive to tear up. The stratus is what I wear when it’s in the 40s-50s.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by grundan

Duck oven jacket.
Posted By: canvasback

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 02:23 AM

Any chance that this sitka/kuiu etc type of gear is so expensive that the owner thinks "I paid a chitload for this so it has to be better than all the rest" type of effect on it's perceived effectiveness?......when in reality it ain't all that and is just overpriced..... Just playing devil's advocate.
Posted By: kkfish

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 02:26 AM

Try it or use someone’s and u will see it’s good stuff

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by canvasback
Any chance that this sitka/kuiu etc type of gear is so expensive that the owner thinks "I paid a chitload for this so it has to be better than all the rest" type of effect on it's perceived effectiveness?......when in reality it ain't all that and is just overpriced..... Just playing devil's advocate.

That's why I held off on buying for so long. I have a black and yellow Lowes tote full of layers I have to wear when it's below 40. Granted, this old stuff was bought 15 years ago on a college kids budget, so maybe I don't have a true "middle of the road" option to compare to.

I figure buying some really nice camo every 15 years isn't so bad, at least that's how I explained it to the wife. (I asked her to go into her closet and show me any item in there that was 15 years old....couldn't do it.)

Since buying the fanatic bibs and jacket I wear a base layer (tight fit) and a long sleeve shirt. I leave the other tote at home or at camp if the weather is changing later. I do NOT like being cold, esp when it's bitter cold outside.
Posted By: demp17

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 02:53 AM

I got a 10x cabelas jacket that I rarely wear because it just doesn’t get cold enough for it. Only throw it in the Jeep when it’s below 20s. I have some older cabelas gear that’s great but the problem for me is I hunt rough nasty mountains and typically have a long haul in and out so carrying/wearing heavy gear doesn’t work. I bought some KUIU Attack Pants and a Super Fleece pull over around Christmas and that stuff has been awesome. Depending on how cold it is I can throw on light weight or heavy weight base layers under them and walk in and not sweat to death. The attack pants are probably the best piece of hunting gear I’ve ever owned. I do throw my nomad stuff on over them if it’s below 35 but my nomad stuff is pretty light.

The guy who started Sitka sold it and started KUIU.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 03:16 AM

The best you can buy at Hammers.
Posted By: General

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 03:17 AM

None. I wore my Fanatic bibs and jacket this weekend in the coldest temps we’ve had and had to unzip several times to cool off. As previously mentioned you can’t walk far in this stuff without building up major body heat.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 05:25 AM

This is my first year with Sitka. Haven’t had a chance to wear it much because it’s been too hot. I have the hoody, fanatic Med-Light weight coat and the pants.
I rode 3 miles down the asphalt this morning on the 4 wheeler at about 45 mph. I had some base layers on but what impressed me was that I didn’t feel the wind anywhere but my face. I had a thick mask on but it was normal wool. It works. I knew it was good in the wind from some windy days lately but that rid this AM proved it is legit. I had to star shed all kinds of layer while walking around scouting and moving stand locations. IT WORKS
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 01:54 PM

My set up yesterday consisted of

Walking in:
Merino base layers, reg weight
Regular hunting pants
Puffy down vest

At the tree I put on down pants, down jacket, neck gaiter, and my cabelas stand hunter bibbs I haven't used in a couple of years. And a orange beanie cap.

Boots were insulated and sized larger than I need and wide, put a foot warmer in there.

I was toasty and could have been out there in the teens and been extremely comfortable. It's usually my feet that get me first, and they were extremely comfortable. The down layers have been key for me, they weigh practically nothing, I think all together the vest, jacket, and pants weigh about 2 lbs, and they are the warmest things you've ever put on your body.
Posted By: bama_earl

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Hornhntr

This may sound crazy but a couple of years ago I started putting hand warmers in my chest pockets and around my kidneys. My thinking is you keep your blood warm and core temp up. My feet stay warm in just wool socks and leather boots and I don’t even wear gloves anymore. Might not work for everyone but it solved my issues and I can sit all day in the 20’s easy. As far an everything else I wear wool base with Sitka Sratus for the wind Down to about 40 then add a down puffer down in the 30’s. Anything colder and I wear Sitka Fanatic. Yes the stuff is expensive but It’s good.

I do the same... I take 4 hot hands with me. One I put on my back out side my under armour layer and the other one in the front. They 2 in my jacket packets. Game changer
Posted By: LetOff

Re: Staying warm - 01/24/22 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by joshm28
2 rubber bands and 2 hot hands will keep your feet warm on the seriously cold days. Just slap a rubber and and hand warmers on toe of boot once you get where you are going. Looks funny but works surprisingly well and is a cheap fix.

I do the same except i use a pair of hunting socks cut off at the ankle. Slip the sock over the front part of my boot, put the hand warmers on top and bottom and magic happens.

Re: Staying warm - 01/25/22 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by LetOff
Originally Posted by joshm28

I do the same except i use a pair of hunting socks cut off at the ankle. Slip the sock over the front part of my boot, put the hand warmers on top and bottom and magic happens.

I may try this.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Staying warm - 01/25/22 12:30 AM

Cold feet are partly a symptom of your core not being warm enough. Warm boots and insulation help, but I never solved my cold feet issue until I started wearing down. If your body feels like it needs to send blood to your organs to keep them warm your feet are the first place to suffer. Just something to consider for y'all that get cold feet like I did.
Posted By: fishunt1001

Re: Staying warm - 01/25/22 01:14 AM

Battery operated socks off Amazon is your friend, rechargeable battery with remote control. Battery last 9 hrs. at 100*, most days that is all the heat you need.
Posted By: fishunt1001

Re: Staying warm - 01/25/22 01:21 AM

Battery operated jacket is great also. kept me warm yesterday morning, don't have to wear bulky clothes in deer stand.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM