Aldeer.com

Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA

Posted By: HillHunter

Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 03:03 PM

Hunted tva in Jackson county. Camped out and woke up to snow and even though it was forecast, was pretty surprised at amount. Set up on a south facing wooded slope and could see really well due to the snow. I only saw a four point from 6-1130 then another hunter. Changed spots to a low open hollow for afternoon and was only going to hunt til 430 as I wasn’t looking forward to boating in the dark. I stopped about 40 yards from where I had sat for afternoon to take notes on my phone of some sign and food sources I was seeing as I’d never hunted that spot. When I put my phone up, I heard something to my left and there’s Mr. Rutting Buck‼️ Pow💥 I dropped him. Not a huge one but a nice little 8 point that was hard earned. Well, I ended up boating out in the dark after all😂 Lesson to just stay til dark every time. The buck was headed directly to where I’d sat and would’ve been easy shot. I was blessed to get him as I left as he surprised me. He was definitely rutting with dark tarsals and looked exhausted. He was basically sleep walking not to have noticed me.

Also, I met the hunter I’d seen that morning at the boat ramp. He was with two other hunters that came all the way from Vermont to hunt Alabama’s rut. They had also gotten an 8 point of similar size. They were solid people and it was cool to meet them and share stories of the hunt and the area. They were asking about skyline wma but I couldn’t give them much info as I’ve never hunted it. I just said you’d better go in far if you go there to get to the deer. Anyways, happy hunting to all and what a beautiful experience to hunt in the snow for those who got to.
Posted By: BigEd

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 03:07 PM

Congrats on the buck!
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 03:12 PM

Congratulations
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 03:21 PM

Congrats thumbup
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 03:21 PM

That is really cool. Congrats on the buck. Always nice to earn it like that!
Posted By: cc28

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 03:33 PM

Sounds like a good time, congrats
Posted By: Slider

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 03:48 PM

Congrats. Can be some good hunting down there, but also very tough.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 03:53 PM

Why the heck would you drive from Vermont to hunt TVA here in Jackson county? How the heck did they even come up with that idea? Lol
Posted By: jb20

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 04:00 PM

Congrats
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13
Why the heck would you drive from Vermont to hunt TVA here in Jackson county? How the heck did they even come up with that idea? Lol
GUARANTEE they have watched every episode of The Hunting Public that has ever been shared online. And have a bunch of the merch. And dream of snuggling in camp with that Zach chick.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by JUGHEAD
Originally Posted by Hevishot13
GUARANTEE they have watched every episode of The Hunting Public that has ever been shared online. And have a bunch of the merch. And dream of snuggling in camp with that Zach chick.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 10:35 PM

Everybody knows Jackson county is the promised land. It’s the Illinois of alabama.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/04/22 10:35 PM

Cool story and good results
Posted By: Woodsman42

Re: Jackson County Rut/Snow/TVA - 01/05/22 03:49 PM

Any day you are dragging a buck out is a good day. 👍
© 2024 ALDEER.COM