Aldeer.com

Go to lace up hunting boot

Posted By: johndeere5045

Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 03:17 PM

What's the best lace up hunting boot. I struggle with all pull on boots. They dot fit my feet without slipping up and down.
Posted By: Zbrann

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 03:44 PM

I like my Danner Alsea
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 03:58 PM

It depends on what you want/need out of said boot. There’s a bunch of different lace up boots that accomplish different tasks.
Posted By: HappyHunter

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 04:08 PM

Keen Targhee
Posted By: Richard Cranium

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 04:31 PM

Hoffman Explorer Light
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 05:50 PM

I love my Solomon Quest 4Ds. Very light, tough, waterproof and comfortable. They're a bit pricey but have a 2-year unconditional warranty.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 05:59 PM

Danner
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 06:12 PM

The lacrosse slip in snake works great for me

But if I do lace up - I still do the old LL Beam lace up thinsilate hunting boot - I can get 10-15 years out of them - light - quiet

Prob several bettr boots out there - I just kind of grew up with them back in the 80s
Posted By: mzzy

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 07:09 PM

I’ve been looking a lot lately and the boot that keeps coming to the top of the list for our area is the danner pronghorn. I think crispi, kenetrek, whites, etc are probably better boots but they are expensive and to my knowledge there’s no place around us to go look and try them on. I guess you could order through the mail and return the ones you didn’t like but that seems like a lot of trouble
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 07:11 PM

For around here, Danner Pronghorns.
Posted By: Turkeyneck78

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 09:07 PM

Meindl Comfort Fit, pricey but worth every penny. Very comfortable and great ankle support. They're extremely durable and waterproof, they'll last years if properly cared for.
Posted By: rblaker

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 09:51 PM

I bought a pair of Crispi Thors for hunting out west so if I don’t need rubber boots I’m usually wearing them.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 11:12 PM

Everyone loves dancers but I prefer Irish Setters. They fit my narrow foot better. These are great and I’ve put many miles on them.

https://www.irishsetterboots.com/hu...cle-02708.html?cgid=hunt-insulated-boots
Posted By: Buck_TrackingAL

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/05/21 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by joshm28
Everyone loves dancers but I prefer Irish Setters. They fit my narrow foot better. These are great and I’ve put many miles on them.

That link pulled up a woman’s boot.
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/06/21 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
For around here, Danner Pronghorns.

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/06/21 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Buck_TrackingAL

That link pulled up a woman’s boot.

https://www.irishsetterboots.com/hu...cle-02710.html?cgid=hunt-insulated-boots

My bad. Here is the men's version
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/06/21 07:19 PM

I bought a pair of their snake boots, and they murder my right pinky toe. I own 5 other pairs of boots and never had problem like this. I have normal to wide feet so I can see you may like them with a narrow foot.

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/06/21 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by jmudler

I bought a pair of their snake boots, and they murder my right pinky toe. I own 5 other pairs of boots and never had problem like this. I have normal to wide feet so I can see you may like them with a narrow foot.

They definitely run narrow. Everyone I know with wide feet love the danners but they slip on my heel.
Posted By: bama_earl

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/06/21 08:48 PM

I need a good walking boot that has the hight of a muck or lacross... I need to walk across a creek at times.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/06/21 11:41 PM

Mine are always "ee" and I've got danner pronghorn and they're comfy. Will buying a pair of snake boots that are pronghorn as well to replace the rocky lynx snake boots I got last year that rub the cap out of my ankle after a mile or so
Posted By: johndeere5045

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/06/21 11:44 PM

I have a pair of the lacrosse pull on boots. They are the only ones that fit my narrow heel. Thanks for the info. We definitely try on a pair when I find them.

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/07/21 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by johndeere5045
I have a pair of the lacrosse pull on boots. They are the only ones that fit my narrow heel. Thanks for the info. We definitely try on a pair when I find them.

Same here. You will like the Setters. Honestly they are as comfortable as tennis shoes and fairly lightweight but they are stiff.
Posted By: wbpc

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/07/21 02:21 AM

Crispi Lapponias are great hunting boots. If you need something with a stiffer sole and more traction for climbing hills look into their Summits or Wyoming’s. I have the Lapponias and Wyoming’s nothing compares IMO.
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Go to lace up hunting boot - 12/07/21 01:41 PM

I bought Kennetrek Mountain Extremes when I was living out west and have kept using them here. My ankles will roll if not laced up tight as Dick's hatband. I've got 7 seasons on them. Probably send them back to be re-soled this spring.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM