Aldeer.com

What is your club guest policy?

Posted By: Lockjaw

What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 12:48 PM

What do you guys do? Our's is a 3 visit max on a guest, has to be approved by the board and we reserve the right to deny guests during the rut.
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 12:53 PM

6 guest days per season, no guest before November 29 or after January 2, guest kills count towards the members limit, and if a guest kills an illegal buck it is the same penalty as the paying member killing one.
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 01:14 PM

Spouse and minor children only. No others allowed
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 01:24 PM

The best one I have been involved with was if the guest shot a deer they owed $350 and had to mount it. I would say that set the tone on trigger control. Some folks did shoot something BUT they were proud of it enough to pay for it and I'm good with that.

Kids are the worst. Little Johnny blasts 10 deer per season because he needs to enjoy "hunting" and not get bored.... good luck with that.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 01:55 PM

Spouse and children of members only and bucks killed count on the membership of 2 per season.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 01:57 PM

Only guests are to be a child under the age of 18. 1 gun and must sit with and in arms reach of the Adult club member. If the kid kills something, it counts toward the club members bag limit.

Our 1050+/- acre main farm has size limits that the guest must abide by. I have a 65 acre tract that is several miles away from the main farm- I've got it set up to where a child can kill anything under state rules on it.
Posted By: hosscat

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 02:08 PM

Spouse and children of members are allowed anytime. All kills count toward the member total. Other guests are allowed December through January 15ish (whatever weekend is close), any guest kills count toward the member totals. All buck kills need to align with the club requirements. We do make exceptions for kids, basically they get to shoot a 2yo if they have never killed a buck. After the first one they have to shoot a minimum of a 3yo, once they have killed a couple 3yos, then it goes up to mature bucks like everyone else.

We are somewhat flexible for kids, we do like to see them excited. Fortunately we don't have anyone abusing the rules. We don't have any fines for shooting a younger buck (just about every year a 3yo gets killed by someone who knows better).
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 02:11 PM

$25 per day

Can shoot one doe

No Turkey guests
Posted By: globe

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 02:46 PM

I’m not in a club, but I’m all about taking kids hunting. I 100% agree the member needs to sit with them though, for multiple reasons.
I’ve often wondered how insurance works with a minor guest though? Liability issues and all…
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by globe
I’m not in a club, but I’m all about taking kids hunting. I 100% agree the member needs to sit with them though, for multiple reasons.
I’ve often wondered how insurance works with a minor guest though? Liability issues and all…

Some timber companies won’t cover anyone who’s hunting on leased lands that is not on the signed lease document.
Posted By: bambam32

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 04:49 PM

4 guests max. No guests the first two weeks or last two weeks.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 04:59 PM

I only club my guests when they show up in a auburn shirt
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 06:31 PM

I was in one and one member had three boys so we had 4 guys hunting and only paying for 1 membership and they all shot up the place with small bucks and does. Never again. I hunt public and my own lease so don't deal with that bs anymore. I would never join another club too much drama and bs.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 06:59 PM

Depend on what and how much they bring to cook. Non family guests hunt 3 days then they have to go. No guests on opening weekend. That’s about it.

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 07:05 PM

Our guest buck or doe kills do count against the members allotment. Then we have a different structure for the spouse and kids under 18.

I was in a club where a couple of members (same every year) brought multiple guests for almost the whole season. When I saw them leave the gate open, and pin the guy out, and him not show up one day, I was done with that club. One of the guests was there so much, he should have had to buy a membership. As in the member was retired, and so was his guest.
Posted By: Tree Dweller

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 09:16 PM

No guests.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rocket62
Spouse and minor children only. No others allowed
Posted By: top cat

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/13/21 10:39 PM

We're not really a club. Land owners. We allow guests with an owner present. 12 times per year.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 12:11 AM

Best policy I’ve seen is 1 weapon in the woods per membership, and any kills count towards members totals.

Bring your best buddy every weekend, pile your 3 kids in the shooting house with you, etc. Doesn’t matter. Just don’t create any more pressure than a single member would.
Posted By: MorningAir

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 12:30 AM

Thankfully we have no big guest problems right now. Only 1 guest has killed a buck, and it was a decent one in, I think in 3 years. The guest has to hunt within 80 acres of the member is our only rule. I wish we would do no guest the first 2 weeks and none after 12/26 but nobody wants to do that. I was in a club where people brought their dad or brother 16 times a year, and that just isn’t right without some high daily cost associated with it.
Posted By: Ray_Coon

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 01:26 AM

Last club I was in was while I was still in college. I paid $500 for a junior membership so to speak. My dad was the full member. Since I was still a dependent, I got this deal that allowed me to hunt as much as I wanted and he didn’t have to be on the property for me to hunt. I did the same work days as the full members as well. This ran afoul of another member that had three sons. The oldest we’re driving age. They opted to not pay the extra and all hunt 4 for 1 under daddy’s membership. Made for some hurt feelings when the boys got to the club before their dad.

I think other than that, each member had 4 guest days at $100 a day. A doe was no additional cost, but a buck was $500 and if it wasn’t up to standards, it was the same fine we charged a member. All bucks taken by guests counted to members totals. I would like to say there were blackout dates as well.
Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Atoler
Best policy I’ve seen is 1 weapon in the woods per membership, and any kills count towards members totals.

Bring your best buddy every weekend, pile your 3 kids in the shooting house with you, etc. Doesn’t matter. Just don’t create any more pressure than a single member would.

This is our policy. Worked for past 20 years. People who bring guest often, end up buying multiple memberships.
Posted By: booner

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 01:43 AM

Two days max and only in December.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 02:28 AM

Just myself, my son and a good family friend. Friend rarely hunts. We bring who we want, when we want. So far the guest list is pretty short and it's working great for us. No guest fees so far and no restrictions that we don't put on ourselves and kids shoot any legal deer they want.
Posted By: Be_Cam

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 02:46 AM

Dang…. I’d hate to be in yalls club.My club is $30 a day bring who and when you want, when you want to. And the other 10 members of the club always try to put the guest in a good spot to see some deer. That’s the point to me of bringing a guest, they are my guest and I hope they kill a big buck. To me, seeing one of my buddy's kill a good buck is as fun as me killing one. My guest are my friends. lol. Kids and wives/girlfriends hunt free. 11 guys on about 2000 acres.
Posted By: Booger

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 03:00 AM

I only go as a guest if lunch is provided.
Posted By: auburn17

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 03:35 AM

My brother and I invite who we want when we want and put them where we want. Glad we have our own lease. If we bring someone who just wants to shoot or a kid, they can’t hunt the property we own and shoot all the does and hogs they want.
Posted By: Huntnwork

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Booger
I only go as a guest if lunch is provided.

^ I agree. But I prefer breakfast.
Posted By: Huntnwork

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 10:48 AM

This is one of the reasons I hope I’m never in a “hunting club” again.
Posted By: Skullworks

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 11:59 AM

We aren't a "club" so much as a bunch of guys hunting together. We are all on the same page. Each of us is allowed 3 bucks...preferrably mature bucks. Anyone that hunts with you is using your bucks if they kill one. We don't shoot many does and have no "rules" about them.
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Atoler

I like that, especially the last part.
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 03:55 PM

We require proof of vaccination to be a guest at our club. Also must wear a mask at all times when on the property
Posted By: Boathand

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/14/21 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Be_Cam
Dang…. I’d hate to be in yalls club.My club is $30 a day bring who and when you want, when you want to. And the other 10 members of the club always try to put the guest in a good spot to see some deer. That’s the point to me of bringing a guest, they are my guest and I hope they kill a big buck. To me, seeing one of my buddy's kill a good buck is as fun as me killing one. My guest are my friends. lol. Kids and wives/girlfriends hunt free. 11 guys on about 2000 acres.

This is how hunting is supposed to be done!
Posted By: hardluck

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/15/21 04:01 AM

Ours is 3 day max. $40 a day. You are allowed 1 doe and 1 club legal buck ( 4 on one side). Doe $40 Buck $100
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/15/21 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
Originally Posted by globe

Some timber companies won’t cover anyone who’s hunting on leased lands that is not on the signed lease document.

That is the case with ours
Posted By: FreeStateHunter

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/15/21 02:52 PM

2 full hunting days per membership. (Just an afternoon or just a morning hunt counts as half day). No fees but what they harvest counts towards the membership limits and must meet club standards.
Posted By: BIG HAIRY HUNTER

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/15/21 09:04 PM

No guests... fewer problems

No more than two people per club... even fewer problems

Keeping a place all for yourself... PRICELESS...
Posted By: Phil_Army

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/15/21 09:30 PM

2 buck tags and 1 doe tag member. If a guest shoots one, it goes towards your tags
Posted By: ford150man

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/16/21 01:28 PM

Clubs that have a rule that only states the number of trips a guest can make, and NOT a limit on number of days is making a mistake. I was in a club that was like that. Had a self employed member that lived close by with a retired dad that lived out of state. Dad would come to town for a two week visit, three times a season. They’d stay at the club. As said above, member was self employed so he didn’t work during those times so he could take off as much as he wanted and bypass the rule of having to be there with guest. Three trips a season was in line with the guest being allowed three hunts a season because nothing was said as to the limit of days. So, yes it was a loop hole that the member took advantage of but the dad ended up hunting a total of six weeks a season, 42’ish days. FREE. Member got out the next season when that rule was changed and more defined. Bottom line, many people just suck and will take advantage of they get a chance.

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/17/21 12:43 AM

The guest policy is what pushed me over the edge at my last club. It was similar to what you just posted, except it was multiple guests, not just one guest that the person(s) would invite. There was a fee and I'd bet money it was never paid. I think it was either $25 or $50 a day. And it was the same people every year. So they acted like they were members, but really they weren't.
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: What is your club guest policy? - 10/17/21 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lockjaw
The guest policy is what pushed me over the edge at my last club. It was similar to what you just posted, except it was multiple guests, not just one guest that the person(s) would invite. There was a fee and I'd bet money it was never paid. I think it was either $25 or $50 a day. And it was the same people every year. So they acted like they were members, but really they weren't.

I was in a club where there was a $50 fine for shooting anything less than an 8 pt. Had a couple guys who shot several spikes and forks and just paid the $50 each time. Pissed off a bunch of guys and the good guys quit the club and the other ones shot out the woods and that place sucks now.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM