Aldeer.com

Lime Drop Spreader for rent

Posted By: LetOff

Lime Drop Spreader for rent - 04/08/21 04:26 PM

I just bought a drop spreader from a guy from a couple of texted pics, I haven't actually laid eyes on it. Says I've got to make a few repairs but nothing I cant do (tires....). I've got a few people I've recently made friends with that talked about getting one but didn't want to shell out the cash. So here's my question. I'm thinking about renting this thing out to these guys so I can recoup some of this hard earned $ I'm putting into this thing cause they aint cheap. What do you think is a fair price ? I got one burning my phone up now wanting to get a hold of it.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Lime Drop Spreader for rent - 04/09/21 12:38 AM

I might be way off but maybe 100-150 a day
Posted By: hayman

Re: Lime Drop Spreader for rent - 04/09/21 01:36 AM

You better figure on charging enough that you can rent it out not very many times and have it paid for because people will flat out tear your stuff up. Maybe charge a refundable deposit and a daily rent fee.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Lime Drop Spreader for rent - 04/09/21 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by hayman
You better figure on charging enough that you can rent it out not very many times and have it paid for because people will flat out tear your stuff up. Maybe charge a refundable deposit and a daily rent fee.
Some people refuse to drive slow through the woods. If the unit is wheel driven and the gear box tore up if used in reverse, no way I'd rent it out. About the most pissed off I've ever been was a after we bought our first cab tractor. A friend of mines was not running and needed one bad, stupid me said ok. I go up a few days later while super hot, crank it up and the smell of cigarette smoke blasts out of the a/c. He doesn't smoke, he had somebody else running it.
Posted By: hallb

Re: Lime Drop Spreader for rent - 04/09/21 02:35 PM

I can get the lime and buggy from my coop for not much more than just the lime costs. But if I was in your shoes, I don't think I would rent it out for less than $150 a day b/c you well know, it's rough on those things. The difference in what kind of shape it would be in 3-4 years from now with just you using it when you needed vs. renting it out and it getting used 5x as much would be significant. If these are food plotters, we are especially rough on things. Now if these are farmers doing big ag fields, that's a bit different.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Lime Drop Spreader for rent - 04/09/21 02:41 PM

Rent it for 1/2 the price you paid divided by the number of times you can rent it out in 1 year. That way in 2 years it’s paid for itself. If busted after 1 yr you only got burned for 1/2 the original cost. If others complain about rental price email a link to the manufacturers suggested list price.

Not number of times you can rent it out. Number of times you know you will rent it out.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Lime Drop Spreader for rent - 04/09/21 05:30 PM

Our co-op lets you use one of their buggies for free if you buy seed/fertilizer/lime from them.

Didn't realize that others charge for using them.

Re: Lime Drop Spreader for rent - 04/12/21 08:50 PM

Well, dude showed up with it and it's not what he thought it was. I assume its a row planter cause it has about 10 round holes at the bottom instead of the long slits for lime. So false alarm, thought I found one. I did find out I can rent one at my local co-op for $45 a day but he said I got to sign my life away for damage.

Re: Lime Drop Spreader for rent - 04/12/21 08:52 PM

By the way, I'm not talking about a spreader (pellet lime), I thought this was a drop spreader for crushed lime (powder).
© 2024 ALDEER.COM