Aldeer.com

Using a mountain bike while hunting.

Posted By: Groundhawg

Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/02/21 05:29 PM

Well I killed a nice buck while using my mountain bike last season.

Made my way up a a fairly steep grade about a mile. Got to where I was going to leave my bike and looked over and there stood a nice nine point staring at me. I swung my rifle around and fired and he went down like a rock! I got off and drug him over to the bike, laid it down and got him straddled the center bar of the bike, tied his front hooves to each handlebar and raised the whole thing upright .

I cautiously began the trip back down the grade with my feet on the brakes. I noticed the rack had a large nock taken out of it at the base; then......the deer’s head moved a bit. I suddenly realized the deer was NOT dead and was slowly waking up! Things were going okay, however, until....he got his dangling hind feet on the pedals... I’m trying to hold back and he is pedaling forward...almost ran over two other hunters with funny looks on their faces.

We hit the parking lot pretty hard with him flipping over the handlebars and landing on all four feet and bounding off into the woods.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/02/21 05:36 PM

You been watching Tommy Boy?
Posted By: JA

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/02/21 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Groundhawg

Well I killed a nice buck while using my mountain bike last season.

Made my way up a a fairly steep grade about a mile. Got to where I was going to leave my bike and looked over and there stood a nice nine point staring at me. I swung my rifle around and fired and he went down like a rock! I got off and drug him over to the bike, laid it down and got him straddled the center bar of the bike, tied his front hooves to each handlebar and raised the whole thing upright .

I cautiously began the trip back down the grade with my feet on the brakes. I noticed the rack had a large nock taken out of it at the base; then......the deer’s head moved a bit. I suddenly realized the deer was NOT dead and was slowly waking up! Things were going okay, however, until....he got his dangling hind feet on the pedals... I’m trying to hold back and he is pedaling forward...almost ran over two other hunters with funny looks on their faces.

We hit the parking lot pretty hard with him flipping over the handlebars and landing on all four feet and bounding off into the woods.

Ballistic tips?
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/02/21 06:14 PM

Creedmore
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/02/21 07:48 PM

Dang.
Not what I was expecting to read.

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/02/21 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jdkprp70
Creedmore

But, but, but if using that I could have missed by 2 feet and the buck would have still fallen over stone cold dead. smile
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/02/21 11:52 PM

Man if I had a nickel for every time that’s happened to me...
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/03/21 11:50 AM

Feet on the brakes? Lol
Posted By: olemossy

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/03/21 01:34 PM

Feet on the brakes.. That wasnt a mountain bike it was a Huffy.

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/03/21 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by olemossy
Feet on the brakes.. That wasnt a mountain bike it was a Huffy.

That would explain the banana seat.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/12/21 06:46 PM

i used one back when i hunted SW alabama. Deer never paid much attention to it. if they heard a 4 wheeler they were heading for deep cover.
Posted By: AJones

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/14/21 07:57 PM

Patrick McManus wrote some funny stories.
Posted By: Bronco 74

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 03/14/21 09:32 PM

Mark Twain story
Posted By: scriftur

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 04/25/21 11:00 PM

wow 2 unreal.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Using a mountain bike while hunting. - 05/21/21 02:59 PM

I was one of the hunters you about ran over. I seen it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM