Aldeer.com

Geneva county..

Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Geneva county.. - 02/18/21 01:23 AM

Whats the deal..why do they have the lowest harvest data every year? Marshall co is second...i live in this barren wasteland..soo..i understand here..but i dont get it about geneva. I aint ever been..an dont plan on goin..but i sure would like to know..jiss fur chits N' giggles.
Posted By: Broadhead26

Re: Geneva county.. - 02/18/21 01:39 AM

Geneva is like the 5th smallest. Marshall ain’t much bigger.
Posted By: General

Re: Geneva county.. - 02/18/21 01:40 AM

My Brother in law is a pretty big farmer there and I’ve spent a lot of time over there and they just don’t have many deer. There are some who manage for deer but most of the folks I know plant a strip of rye or stick a ladder up on a wheat field, a lot of those guys shoot woodies in the morning and dove in the afternoon. And, considering it’s Geneva County there are plent of outlaws who ain’t gonna report a harvest,
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Geneva county.. - 02/18/21 02:24 AM

Yea we don’t have many deer around these parts
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Geneva county.. - 02/18/21 03:49 AM

Marshall and Geneva just need to kill more does. That way they’d have more deer beers
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Geneva county.. - 02/18/21 06:02 PM

We killed all our does already..still waitin
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Geneva county.. - 02/18/21 09:24 PM

What’s the reason for Marshall county not having many deer? Very well could be your answer about Geneva.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Geneva county.. - 02/18/21 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Forrestgump1
What’s the reason for Marshall county not having many deer?

Very fragmented.....very little quality habitat......vibrant coyote population still present
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Geneva county.. - 02/19/21 12:55 AM

There is deer in Geneva they are just in pockets. I’m sure some does get shot but if they are getting shot in numbers I don’t here about it
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Geneva county.. - 02/19/21 02:02 AM

What good is the harvest report system, anyway. Just makes outlaws not drop a deer off at processor and more legwork for a hunter and processor, period! Also, raises prices at processor or making others go out of business due to extra legal issues. No counties reporting numbers are near accurate I guarantee that, just another money making scheme by Chucky along with corn permit. 😂
Posted By: Sully

Re: Geneva county.. - 02/19/21 02:07 AM

Hunted in Geneva County my whole life. Deer numbers around where I hunt have never been better. Hunters in Geneva County are being more selective maybe.
Posted By: Bar270

Re: Geneva county.. - 02/19/21 01:07 PM

I have at watched more deer in marshall county this year than in the past 10 . They are coming back it seems
Posted By: Dr594

Re: Geneva county.. - 03/08/21 04:30 PM

I only hunt in geneva, this is nanny country. Bucks don't travel much. Either you got em, or you don't.
Posted By: coachg34

Re: Geneva county.. - 03/08/21 09:23 PM

All the deer in Marshall county are at Guntersville State park living the good life ! 😜
Posted By: Bronco 74

Re: Geneva county.. - 03/08/21 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by coachg34
All the deer in Marshall county are at Guntersville State park living the good life ! 😜

I agree there. They rom into camp while you are cookin dinner.
Posted By: johnv

Re: Geneva county.. - 03/09/21 01:28 AM

I see plenty of deer in Marshall county
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Geneva county.. - 03/09/21 01:53 AM

All the deer in Geneva county were in Holmes county Florida over the weekend. At least that’s what it looked like to me. I’m sure that they’ll be back in Bama in October.
Posted By: Strictlybow

Re: Geneva county.. - 03/09/21 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by leroycnbucks
All the deer in Geneva county were in Holmes county Florida over the weekend. At least that’s what it looked like to me. I’m sure that they’ll be back in Bama in October.

That’s funny that you say that. We saw more deer, 30-40, on hwy 79 south of 10/Bonifay Friday night than we ever have.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Geneva county.. - 03/09/21 07:14 PM

Of course it varies by location,but there’s no shortage of deer in Geneva county....
Posted By: ALclearcut

Re: Geneva county.. - 03/10/21 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Strictlybow

That’s funny that you say that. We saw more deer, 30-40, on hwy 79 south of 10/Bonifay Friday night than we ever have.

That is not a coincidence. That part of Florida limits rifle killing of does to 3 weekends a year and bucks to 6 points or bigger. And the hunting is better just across the Florida side of the line than a few miles north into the Alabama side in Geneva and Houston County AL. More deer, more bucks, and older bucks. Something is wrong with how we regulate deer in Alabama when you can see more or better deer across the FL line than in much of south AL.
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Geneva county.. - 03/10/21 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by ALclearcut
Originally Posted by Strictlybow

That is not a coincidence. That part of Florida limits rifle killing of does to 3 weekends a year and bucks to 6 points or bigger. And the hunting is better just across the Florida side of the line than a few miles north into the Alabama side in Geneva and Houston County AL. More deer, more bucks, and older bucks. Something is wrong with how we regulate deer in Alabama when you can see more or better deer across the FL line than in much of south AL.

Really do not agree with this statement after speaking to numerous people in both counties over the years! Geneva may have bigger deer.
Really depends on your neighbors or property in either state. I know of a guy that killed 3-6+ point plus bucks one year in Holmes county some years ago, all just average or below average deer for Alabama or Florida. I have personally hunted on properties in both counties too. Not the best and the worse I ever hunted. Can be the worse if you are adjacent to brown it's down dog hunters or stalk hunters! Lot's of those! Some folks feed their families off deer in those two counties and they care nothing above state limits or rules. Their #1 rule is don't shoot all the doe's or you don't eat! We all should learn that!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM