Aldeer.com

Raise your hand if...

Posted By: top cat

Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 01:15 AM

Your glad season has come to an end........

đź‘‹
Posted By: General

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 01:17 AM

Present! I have a lot to do between now and turkey season and it looks like it’s gonna rain for two straight weeks. Hopefully we won’t need and Ark!
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 01:24 AM

I quit a couple weeks ago.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 01:26 AM

Wish I had 2 more weeks but ya I know the feeling u have CT...I'd feel the same right now if I didn't only have 3 hours to hunt a certain deer
Posted By: CNC

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 01:27 AM

Gonna go look for one more tomorrow morning before calling it a season......Not as ready for the season to end as I usually am. I've had some good tracks here lately and things have been fun.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 01:35 AM

I’m pretty well burnt out by mid January.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 01:48 AM

I haven’t really been excited about deer since Jan 1. I’ve been to kill a few does but I’m usually about done by Jan 10-15 every year. Done as I’m tired of it.
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 01:49 AM

Season is to dang long
Posted By: Gig

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 01:55 AM

Down here in Lower Al. (LA) Its just gettin started. Give us another week and take it off the front end.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:04 AM

I am..season is to long...especially since the invention of the creedmoore...population has been devestated
Posted By: olemossy

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:05 AM

I am raising both hands.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:10 AM

Been home for almost 2 weeks. I wish it was just opening again.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:12 AM

I will say it went by to fast. When I should have been in the woods I was chasing a dollar and it seemed everytime I went the weather was crap
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:17 AM

Been done since Jan 1
Posted By: Buck slayer 15

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:26 AM

I’m ready for turkey season
Posted By: johnv

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:35 AM

I'll miss it before long but ready to trap and turkey hunt
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 03:08 AM

[Linked Image]

I enjoy it as much as anybody, but yes, glad to see end.

Couple of months from now I'll be missing it.

Deer hunting is really my only hobby.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 03:14 AM

I haven't been since my Oak Mountain hunt, which was like Jan 13th. I wanted to go again, but never got a chance. Kind of glad its over because now I won't be thinking about how I'd rather be hunting.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 03:19 AM

Saddest day of the year....

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
Saddest day of the year....

Nah. Not by far
Posted By: rolltidehunter

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 03:38 AM

Yeah glad it is over not to do a few projects for wife and get ready for fishing
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 03:38 AM

The last 4 months have been the best of the last 12 months. We are so fortunate to have a 4 month season to hunt deer.
Posted By: AMB

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by marshmud991

My kind of guy
Posted By: Mahindra2645

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 09:32 AM

I’m ready to drown a cricket
Posted By: Turkeyboy

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 11:15 AM

Been a good season for me and I’ve got
to say Aldeer makes it even more enjoyable!
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 12:49 PM

In my part of the state I wish it still ended at the end of January,
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 12:57 PM

I never understood people hunting so hard or often that they got burned out on it before the best part of the season. The last several years that I did hunt, I went opening day and then didn't go again til after Jan 1.
Posted By: Ol’Tom

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 01:34 PM

Bucks are still chasing at the house this morning. We need 2 weeks off November added to February here, but my hands up!
Posted By: beav521

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 01:56 PM

From rut to spawn glad it’s over break out reels
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
I never understood people hunting so hard or often that they got burned out on it before the best part of the season. The last several years that I did hunt, I went opening day and then didn't go again til after Jan 1.

My thoughts exactly and I’m glad it’s over..
Posted By: hawndog

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by gatorbait154
Originally Posted by FurFlyin

My thoughts exactly and I’m glad it’s over..

I know that it is different in different parts of the state. But for me, the best part of the season is opening weekend through about Jan 5.
Posted By: riflenut

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:43 PM

I'm always glad when the season ends but within a week or two I'm eager to get back in the woods to prepare for next year.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:56 PM

I got done w bucks early and had just started back hunting does - it would hav been nice to shoot few more does - but weather the next few weeks shows ton of rain - will be glad when it here again - some nice young bucks look like they gone make it and a few old ones appear to hav made it

As far as season length - my oldest deer started showing up in camera lot more the last few weeks and starting around feb 3rd in daylight - it’s still on right now where I at and we usually see a flurry in March - deer season long enough though - time for turkey and only good thing about all this rain - maybe it will keep the turkey from gobbling
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gig
Down here in Lower Al. (LA) Its just gettin started. Give us another week and take it off the front end.
beers I'd go today if it was still in. Next week, we are getting a cold snap, I would hunt then too.
Posted By: cgardner

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 04:30 PM

I am! Our rut was done by the 20th of January and pretty much is ever year!!
Posted By: jb20

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 04:31 PM

[Linked Image]
Still chasing here

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 05:27 PM

It isn't always about the rut. Plenty of deer are killed before and after.
Posted By: globe

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 06:23 PM

Yeah, no offense to anybody at all, but I wish it would go back to ending in January.
Posted By: ACT3

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/11/21 07:00 PM

Glad its in the books!!
Posted By: TravisBatey

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/12/21 02:14 AM

Yep.

I just never got real fired up and mad at em this year. Went plenty but mainly cause I felt like I needed to.

Next year I think I’m going to plan on bow hunting the first week. Then shut it down completely until after Christmas. Try and hunt hard from the new year to about Jan 20th maybe a few times after if I don’t scratch something out in that time.

Of course I say that and will prob have some big buck deer driving me crazy and in the woods all season long lol
Posted By: CNC

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/12/21 03:44 AM

A lot of people say that our season is too long and that we need a shorter season…….I think to some degree those folks have valid reasons for saying this……However, having a long season allows us a lot of opportunities to be able to get out in the woods spread out across several months…..I don’t think it would be a good idea to take that away from folks…..What I would suggest instead though is to take those same days that you’re wanting to get rid of and make “No Hunting” days……and instead make those “Bow hunting” days…….That is a good middle ground in my mind…..It still allows hunters the opportunity to go hunting while at the same time accomplishing the goal of reducing pressure on the deer herd. I even think we could expand the time and start Oct 1 if we had more bow days…

Give some thought to more bow hunting days before you holler you want more “no hunting” days
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/13/21 02:55 AM

Been done
Posted By: Phil_Army

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/13/21 04:05 AM

Around this time of year I start to wonder if it's even worth it to do it again next year. Burnt out is an understatement. Gonna try to have some fun running rabbits tomorrow and then I'm going to spend some time with my 5 year old while we do some predator hunting. I've gotten to where I enjoy the small game more than the deer hunting because it's just so hard to find a good buck in Alabama
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/13/21 05:17 AM

I didn't hunt

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/13/21 01:53 PM

If hunting becomes a chore, something is wrong. Take a few days off, do something with the family, build something, work out, start running again, just don't take it away from the rest of us. Some of us don't hunt every day, not because we can't, but because we have other responsibilities and put our families as a priority, my wife comes before hunting or fishing "most" any day.
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/13/21 08:27 PM

No laws say you have to go just because the season is in....just saying!
Posted By: Jason Carroll

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/13/21 09:27 PM

I love bow hunting. What I do not enjoy is the elitist attitude of most bow hunters.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/13/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by AMB
Originally Posted by marshmud991

My kind of guy

It sure has been a slow Saturday without a Saturday morning sit, bro, and you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Posted By: Groundhawg

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/13/21 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by top cat
Your glad season has come to an end........

đź‘‹

NOPE!
Posted By: Groundhawg

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/13/21 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Davyalabama
If hunting becomes a chore, something is wrong. Take a few days off, do something with the family, build something, work out, start running again, just don't take it away from the rest of us. Some of us don't hunt every day, not because we can't, but because we have other responsibilities and put our families as a priority, my wife comes before hunting or fishing "most" any day.

Well stated. I only go when I want to or to take a new or young hunter and work hard to help them get a deer or at least enjoy going hunting. Have lots to teach them about deer and other hunting than just killing a critter.

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/13/21 10:53 PM

I wasn't necessarily tired of hunting itself. It's just I am in charge of pulling jawbones, measuring antlers and keeping up with data for DMP. I do enjoy it but 20+ years of doing so........
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/14/21 04:55 AM

Mixed feelings on season ending. Had a really good season and alot of fun this year, even tagged out but I am damn tired of getting up at 3am though.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/14/21 12:47 PM

I hunted more this year than I have in my life. I work with teachers and this year all classes went virtual for them in November until the first of January. I hunted every day of the week except on Sundays. I had to work with the teachers beginning at 11:00 in the mornings so I had plenty of time to hunt each day. I let more racked bucks walk this year than most folks see their entire life. I cannot imagine retirement as this is what my schedule was like this year and I had nothing going on except hunting and feeding cows. I never hunted a day with anyone, and hunted my properties this year exclusively. It didnt get boring this year as I made it fun each day because I was able to stay on deer and entertain myself with their presence. I only kill two deer a year by choice and have for years. Two is all I can use in the course of a year and I have no desire to kill them, drag them out, and give them away. I killed my second deer of the year on Christmas Eve and kept going hoping I could see my target buck in person, but I never did. He was the only deer I would have shot at this point. I am ready for the summer to pass and do it all over again.

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/14/21 12:54 PM

You shoulda shot all the deer you could Mr B. Solar farms gonna run em all offt. 🤦🏿🤦🏿
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/14/21 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
You shoulda shot all the deer you could Mr B. Solar farms gonna run em all offt. 🤦🏿🤦🏿

The Whiteoak property was loaded with small racked bucks this year. Thirty years ago with my bow, there would not have been a single one on it. My how time changes as we age. Jeremy killed a hoss of a 11 pt on their farm to close his season. We both are ready to hear the first gobble of springtime! Bring em' on.
Posted By: Punkinhead

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/14/21 07:25 PM

Top cat I sent you a PM asking about DMAP.
Posted By: burbank

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/14/21 09:03 PM

I miss it already. The scouting and the chase is more enjoyable to me than anything else.

I’m in the 1st year of a new club after being on the ex’s land for over a decade. I prefer the fellowship as much as the hunting.

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/14/21 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Punkinhead
Top cat I sent you a PM asking about DMAP.

Replied Sir
Posted By: Punkinhead

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/14/21 09:36 PM

Thanks buddy!

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/14/21 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Teacher One
Originally Posted by 257wbymag

The Whiteoak property was loaded with small racked bucks this year. Thirty years ago with my bow, there would not have been a single one on it. My how time changes as we age. Jeremy killed a hoss of a 11 pt on their farm to close his season. We both are ready to hear the first gobble of springtime! Bring em' on.

Tell I said congrats on the buck
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/17/21 12:39 AM

Biden is probably gonna shorten it up.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Raise your hand if... - 02/17/21 05:48 AM

Indifferent as I never even got started. Hunted with a rifle one time and killed a decent buck on Skyline WMA. Never went again. Alabama is hard for me to get motivated after deer hunting other states.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM