Aldeer.com

Best Weekend EVER!

Posted By: 9pointerbuck

Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 03:28 AM

I spent the weekend with my son at the hunting club for his first hunt. It was cold all the days we went. It was wet and windy today. We were in a shooting house and never saw a deer or any animal the entire weekend, but it was the best deer hunt that I ever had. He loved it! We ate snacks, and we watched some videos. We sang some songs. We did everything that you can't do when hunting. Again, It was my best hunt ever. I will remember this day for the rest of my life. God has been good to us. I can still remember the doctors tell me that he would not make it. God has his plan and timeline. One minute I had everything, the next; I had nothing but God's grace. I am blessed to see this day with my son.

I can't say enough about the guys at my hunting club. They are a special bunch of guys. We came in late and rode the ATV to the shooting house after daybreak. They never said a bad word. They said to make sure that he enjoys it. They were ready to do whatever they could so that he could see a deer, but he just wanted to be outside in the shoot house enjoy time with his dad. Hunting to him was being in the woods with his dad. Never forget that hunting means something different to a child.

I will never forget that seeing and shooting deer is fun, but it not important to me; Making memories is the important part for ME.

I am a blessed man. I hope everyone had a great season.
Posted By: jhardy

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 03:35 AM

Congrats for making it about him and not a deer. You will not regret devoting this time to him.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 03:41 AM

Special boy you have there. Congrats. Now get him out there a little earlier next season! lol
Posted By: doghouse

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 03:50 AM

Thank you for posting that. Sounds self centered but thats what I needed to hear. I get so caught up in trying for my son or wife to kill a deer that I’m sure I take some of the joy out of it for them. In the process putting pressure on myself for no reason. What you have shared is something that I need to take to heart. Enjoying what time we have together in the woods with loved ones is what matters most. Congratulations to you and your son for having a day both of you will never forget.
Posted By: Punkinhead

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 03:59 AM

Great story and thanks for reminding us all what it’s all about!
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 04:13 AM

thumbup
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 04:19 AM

thumbup thumbup
Posted By: kyles

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 11:10 AM

I loved your story thanks for posting
Posted By: Skullworks

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 11:27 AM

Awesome stuff!
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 11:44 AM

👍👍
Posted By: ATDH79

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 11:56 AM

That's good stuff! That's what it's all about folks forget about that sometimes
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 01:14 PM

Awesome story, it is about memories, and yes sir you are blessed. It is good to know you know it is from His grace and mercy. You are so right, God does have His plan and His timeline, what do we do with the time we are given? You gave a lot to hunt with your little boy, but it was returned to you ten fold. My hats off to your club, good guys.
Posted By: Morris

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 01:22 PM

Great post! 👍
Posted By: huntndad

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 01:27 PM

Awesome, that's what it's all about!
Posted By: top cat

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 01:46 PM

Good deal
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 01:50 PM

congrats
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by jhardy
Congrats for making it about him and not a deer. You will not regret devoting this time to him.
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 03:04 PM

Neither one of y'all will ever forget that hunt. That's what it's all about.
Posted By: riflenut

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 03:13 PM

Well done dad, thanks for sharing
Posted By: coachg34

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 03:27 PM

Sounds like an awesome ‘hunting trip ‘ ! Quality time with your kids or grandkids can’t ever be replaced !
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 04:35 PM

That's what it's all about.
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 06:59 PM

Thanks for sharing such a great and heart-warming story.

You have made it easy for many to see what it is really all about.
Posted By: FHunt

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 07:43 PM

thumbup
Posted By: General

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/08/21 07:54 PM

At the end of the day that's all it is really about, good times with friends and family!
Posted By: BradB

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/09/21 01:16 PM

Great story. I had a similar experience with my much older son and granddaughter this year. What made it even better was after 4 days of family fun in the middle of peak rut at my place, the morning after everyone headed home I shot my biggest buck ever.
Posted By: fishhead

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/09/21 01:57 PM

This is exactly what I needed this morning after what I had previously thought was a less than great year at my club. After reading this I now realize I an blessed to have made hunts with all three of my boys, shared some drinks and good food with them and had some great one on one talks on the rides up and back. Thanks for sharing your perspective and I hope you and your boy continue the streak of good times next year and beyond.
Posted By: 280Rem.

Re: Best Weekend EVER! - 02/09/21 03:55 PM

Great story!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM