Aldeer.com

ON X map

Posted By: buck_buster

ON X map - 01/22/21 03:58 PM

How often is it updated? Updated I mean property owners etc.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: ON X map - 01/22/21 04:03 PM

In my area, couple years behind. I have emailed them several times on different property. They usual get those updates with in a year
Posted By: jb20

Re: ON X map - 01/22/21 04:20 PM

Ya its behind a while on some and some updates r pretty quick. ..im not sure how that works
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: ON X map - 01/22/21 04:28 PM

Don't they just use google maps? The pictures look the same to me.
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: ON X map - 01/22/21 05:16 PM

Whenever the courthouse gets around to it.
Posted By: scrubbuck

Re: ON X map - 01/22/21 06:11 PM

It's all based on County records. Some counties are much more efficient than others on their record updates.
Posted By: Otis13

Re: ON X map - 01/22/21 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by scrubbuck
It's all based on County records. Some counties are much more efficient than others on their record updates.

Correct. The county GIS Assessor will sometimes have to re-draw parcel IDs. Takes forever.
Posted By: wk2hnt

Re: ON X map - 01/22/21 07:13 PM

Do not go by the on x maps or the county gis if you do you will be taking a chance of a nice trespassing ticket
Posted By: Broadhead26

Re: ON X map - 01/22/21 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by wk2hnt
Do not go by the on x maps or the county gis if you do you will be taking a chance of a nice trespassing ticket

Not saying it’s impossible, but it’s hard enough to catch a trespassing charge to begin with. It’s gonna be a lot harder to get one to stick if you are legitimately misguided by a form of GPS.
Posted By: wk2hnt

Re: ON X map - 01/22/21 09:59 PM

Even gis map lines are not entirely accurate and if questioned by a judge I would almost guarantee if a landowner or warden were pressing trespassing charges they would stick.

Re: ON X map - 01/23/21 08:21 AM

Even gis map lines are not entirely accurate and if questioned by a judge I would almost guarantee if a landowner or warden were pressing trespassing charges they would stick.

Let me me know when you find a LEO who’ll write a simple trespassing citation against someone who wasn’t already previously trespassed.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: ON X map - 01/23/21 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2Dogs
Whenever the courthouse gets around to it.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: ON X map - 01/24/21 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Broadhead26

Not saying it’s impossible, but it’s hard enough to catch a trespassing charge to begin with. It’s gonna be a lot harder to get one to stick if you are legitimately misguided by a form of GPS.

You may want to READ OnX maps terms of use because they specifically tell you that YOU are responsible for your actions (trespass) basically so your theory of charges not sticking has a hole in it. It's also you responsibility to find out the info from something other than a phone app. A true GPS doesn't tell property lines. Go to the courthouse and review tax records. It's the only thing close to being correct most of the time.

Re: ON X map - 01/24/21 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by kodiak06

You may want to READ OnX maps terms of use because they specifically tell you that YOU are responsible for your actions (trespass) basically so your theory of charges not sticking has a hole in it. It's also you responsibility to find out the info from something other than a phone app. A true GPS doesn't tell property lines. Go to the courthouse and review tax records. It's the only thing close to being correct most of the time.

I didn’t say they couldn’t stick. I literally only said that’s it’s already hard enough to give someone a trespassing charge as it is. If someone has a gps that misguided them, whether that’s your cell using onX or a dedicated handheld gps. it’s gonna be that much harder. And courthouse maps are even worse than onX. Most will only give you the legal description in metes and bounds, and their overlay on google earth type software is usually crap.

Re: ON X map - 01/24/21 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by kodiak06

I didn’t say they couldn’t stick. I literally only said that’s it’s already hard enough to give someone a trespassing charge as it is. If someone has a gps that misguided them, whether that’s your cell using onX or a dedicated handheld gps. it’s gonna be that much harder. And courthouse maps are even worse than onX. Most will only give you the legal description in metes and bounds, and their overlay on google earth type software is usually crap.

It’s not gonna be harder to stick because any lawyer will just print out the onX user agreement that’s says you’re responsible to know where you are and that you agreed to. It’s simple. I moved all over the country and used maps from the county in the states I lived in way before OnX and never had a problem. If you’re so close to a property line and feel unsure, you should use common sense and relocate

Re: ON X map - 01/24/21 08:56 PM

Btw, the courthouse maps are more reliable than OnX, we have had troopers deal with individuals here because they were using onX and it’s off by as much 50ft on some of our fields. Sames said for their tracks you set in the phone app
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: ON X map - 01/25/21 01:07 AM

My understanding is the Courthouse Revenue Mapping is where OnX gets theirs from , in other words they are the same.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM