Aldeer.com

Paid Hunt Alabama

Posted By: 1955Retiree

Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 03:23 PM

Has anybody been to any deer hunting lodges in Alabama?
If so was it worth it and which one did you go to?
This would be free range and not some high fence deal.
Thanks.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 05:17 PM

95% of Alabama deer lodges are a waste of time and money. Waaaay too much pressure on those lands.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 06:46 PM

And you leave with a 2yo basket 8
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 06:55 PM

The only one I went to was in Dallas Co. and it was bs as they wanted everyone to shoot a doe and be happy. Told them the agreement was we were after mature older bucks and they acted surprised even though they advertised big bucks and the customer who set it up confirmed it. Way overhunted and saw a few 6 pt.s but no shooters. Total bs in my opinion.
Posted By: Tupi

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 07:08 PM

Take the $ a paid hunt cost in Alabama and join a good club for a whole year .

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 07:09 PM

I’m not saying there aren’t any good ones in Alabama , I think they are few and far between .
Posted By: CNC

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 09:50 PM

I can vouch for Enon being a quality place to hunt
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 09:55 PM

Go to Kentucky. It’s closer than you think.

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 10:11 PM

CNC I don’t doubt that , is it for sale or am I thinking of a different place ?
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
95% of Alabama deer lodges are a waste of time and money. Waaaay too much pressure on those lands.

Don’t waste your time other than maybe Enon Plantation

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tupi
CNC I don’t doubt that , is it for sale or am I thinking of a different place ?

It was but I'm not sure now.........It's about as good as you're gonna get in Alabama for a paid hunt.....Nice place too with an old civil war era plantation feel....
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/16/20 11:18 PM

Whatever you do not go the one near Eufaula under any circumstances or you will find yourself throwing a chair from one of their shooting houses out the window.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 12:08 AM

Save a little more money and go north.
Posted By: Obsession

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 12:16 AM

Try Great Southern Outdoors .....They work hard to get you on game and all the accomaditions are the best to be had
Posted By: Whitebone

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 12:22 AM

I went on a paid hunt in south alabama and me, my brother, and my dad never saw a single deer. Don't know if it was just a slow 3 days but walking the roads to and from the stands only 2 sets of tracks was seen between the three of us. I would definitely be careful paying for deer hunts in alabama especially since I've seen more sign and even deer on free public land.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by muzziehead
Whatever you do not go the one near Eufaula under any circumstances or you will find yourself throwing a chair from one of their shooting houses out the window.

Good times! laugh beers
Posted By: booner

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tupi
Take the $ a paid hunt cost in Alabama and join a good club for a whole year .

This....

I said I’d NEVER pay more than $3k for a club in Alabama. That there was no way possible it was better than the clubs I’d been a part of my whole life. Boy was I wrong! Best season I have ever had and I haven’t even pulled the trigger.
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 12:45 AM

If you have never hunted in Texas.....you need to! It is amazing and 5 days of hunting there is like 2 years of hunting here. Still some good hunts under $4,000.00 out there. Everyone who loves to deer hunt should go there at least once!
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 12:47 AM

Where did you go Big Bore? If u don’t want to share I understand - I may want to go one day to TX
Posted By: Sasquatch Lives

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 12:52 AM

If I was going to go on a pay hunt, it would be in Kentucky, Kansas, Texas, Alberta or Saskatchewan. Hopefully will do all of them before I meet my creator. In the meantime got two college educations to pay for.
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Obsession
Try Great Southern Outdoors .....They work hard to get you on game and all the accomaditions are the best to be had

Nah
Posted By: Dave_H

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 03:26 AM

Look at some of the school hunts. They are reasonable, work to get you on deer and give you an opportunity to meet other hunters. I did the Gordo Band hunt a couple of years ago and it was a great experience. TerryTurner coordinated the hunt last year.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 04:42 AM

I went with a group of 25 people to GSO last week of last season. Rex and his crew were nice but the older guide who had been there for years told a couple of the hunters GSO ain't that good. Out of our group we killed 3 does. I saw three small bucks and killed two bobcats. Hunting was so bad that Rex cut the bill for the guys who paid for our group.

Glad someone else was paying for it, I would never waste my money on something like that.

Re: Paid Hunt Alabama - 12/17/20 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

I went with a group of 25 people to GSO last week of last season. Rex and his crew were nice but the older guide who had been there for years told a couple of the hunters GSO ain't that good. Out of our group we killed 3 does. I saw three small bucks and killed two bobcats. Hunting was so bad that Rex cut the bill for the guys who paid for our group.

Glad someone else was paying for it, I would never waste my money on something like that.

That's surprising......theres some toads in that area. Even the good land can be slow when the weather is bad
© 2024 ALDEER.COM