Aldeer.com

Shot with complete miss(hit a branch)

Posted By: MetalMama

Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 03:17 PM

Have yall ever had any luck sitting the rest of the morning after firing a shot and just getting back in the stand and continuing to hunt the same location?
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 03:20 PM

yes, a lot of the time a gun shot won't bother deer, esp ones over a hundred yards away.
Posted By: CNC

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 03:22 PM

Heck yeah...... thumbup
Posted By: JasperGlass

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 03:25 PM

Shot a fox one afternoon and then missed a buck maybe an hour later lol.

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 03:26 PM

Ok I feel alot better because I live hunting in this drizzly slow sprinkle rain and I dont have but 3 spots to hunt on our small family farm
Posted By: Buck_TrackingAL

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 03:26 PM

Yep

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 03:28 PM

Doe was right at 200 yards on the nose
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 03:47 PM

You’re having a rough season MetalMama.... maybe you can shake the funk and get one on the ground here soon.
Posted By: CRUTCHJD76

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 03:58 PM

Had a members daughter miss a 4pt last weekend (her first deer) and less than 5 mins later she dropped a 10pt in his tracks
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 04:03 PM

I’ve don’t it several times whether it be shooting a predator or something but keep sitting. Then later have a good buck walk by. One morning it was hot and muggy got to the woods way after daylight, sat down at 7, shot and missed a nice 8 point at 7:15. I got down walked all over the place making sure I didn’t hit him. Then after all the walking I had to take my early morning commute so I got back up in the stand and told my self I’d sit here until 8:30 then go home. I decided I was gonna grunt a few times and after that I missed my jacket pocket so the grunt call hit every step of the ladder on the way down. I said the hell with it and was gonna go home and stood up to see a giant eight point standing there at 80 yards watching the show I had been putting on. I threw up and shot and piled him up around 8:15. Sometimes if it’s meant to be it’s meant for you to kill one.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 04:20 PM

Several times. My son missed several years ago and as soon as the deer ran a doe walked out. Minutes later another buck showed up. This year my daughter shot a doe look at the other end of the field there’s a doe walks out eating then another joined her.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 04:36 PM

Back when we could kill two does a day . If a group of does came by I'd kill a older big doe and just set there. In a little while another would come back looking for ,
Her id kill it too.

I've shot yotes , be dead in the field and have bucks walk out a few minutes later.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 05:07 PM

Yes. Several times. Years ago in bullock co. I shot a bobcat (which I mounted), got down and pulled him under my tree and climbed back into my stand. 20 minutes later I shot a 7 point that was standing within 3 feet of where the bobcat was standing.

Dr. B
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 05:21 PM

Yes - hav shot a doe and stay There and less than 5 min later another doe r buck shows up

And your title of this thread mentions hitting a branch - best deer I ever shot at - trigger pull was great - everything felt great - long story short - after hours of desperately looking for blood - I went back to where I shot from and there was a branch I had shot - never hit deer
Posted By: Peach

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 05:27 PM

Many times.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 05:56 PM

I'm sure several of us on here have missed a shot on a deer and had it run only a few yards
and given a second kill shot on it.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 08:04 PM

I’ve killed deer after shooting from the same stand more times than I can remember. One of the most memorable is shooting a coyote, doe and 11 point from the same tree within 35-40 minutes of each other one morning. Rifle blasts don’t pressure deer, and in most cases don’t even spook them. Human presence is what they don’t like. If you shoot and miss, or shoot a doe or coyote, and want to keep sitting, just stay put. You’ll still see deer.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Shot with complete miss(hit a branch) - 11/29/20 08:25 PM

Killed a coyote few years ago and 10 minutes later a good 8 pt
© 2024 ALDEER.COM