Aldeer.com

MBrock

Posted By: Ben2

MBrock - 11/27/20 12:50 AM

Did you ever check and see if the pocket ranger app was still being used by the state? I know you said it was not last week but I checked my daughters deer in last night and it worked fine and I got an email from dcnr with the confirmation number and all as well. Just curious if they are going to keep both aps or if there is a timeline when one will be done away with and I have to make the switch?
Posted By: Out back

Re: MBrock - 11/27/20 01:00 AM

While we're bleeding Matt, I have a question.
Why do I need a valid driver's license to buy a hunting license?
I don't need a driver's license to go hunting
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: MBrock - 11/27/20 01:01 AM

What is the second app? I tried to use the pocket ranger app Sunday and it would work. Went to dcnr page and done it

Re: MBrock - 11/27/20 01:03 AM

There's an OA app. Outdoor Alabama.
It's the one that supports the current license and harvest log.
I thought the pocket ranger was axed.
Posted By: hallb

Re: MBrock - 11/27/20 01:32 AM

He said the other night it was already done. They aren’t getting any data from it. I’d delete and use the outdoor Alabama app.

Re: MBrock - 11/27/20 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by hallb
He said the other night it was already done. They aren’t getting any data from it. I’d delete and use the outdoor Alabama app.

It wont work. I have tried it multiple times. The old one works and I got an email confirming my confirmation from dcnr last night which is why I asked. I still purchase licenses and everything through pocket ranger.
Posted By: CAL

Re: MBrock - 11/28/20 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by hallb

It wont work. I have tried it multiple times. The old one works and I got an email confirming my confirmation from dcnr last night which is why I asked. I still purchase licenses and everything through pocket ranger.

I had to delete the OA app and reinstall in order for it to work.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: MBrock - 11/28/20 01:13 PM

Ben, give me until early next week

Re: MBrock - 11/29/20 01:40 PM

Thanks Matt

Re: MBrock - 12/01/20 05:48 PM

Ben I got confirmation that the only valid GC#s are those reported via the website, Outdoor Alabama app or called in and reported to one of our offices. The pocket ranger app is not providing valid numbers, regardless of email notifications. The agency is not getting what’s reported through pocket ranger.

Re: MBrock - 12/01/20 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
Ben I got confirmation that the only valid GC#s are those reported via the website, Outdoor Alabama app or called in and reported to one of our offices. The pocket ranger app is not providing valid numbers, regardless of email notifications. The agency is not getting what’s reported through pocket ranger.

Another fine example of the quality leadership in DCNR.

Re: MBrock - 12/01/20 06:03 PM

Actually, I think I'll reload the pocket ranger app and begin using it.
All I need is a number for the processor.

Re: MBrock - 12/01/20 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Out back

My processor said a valid # would start with 205K or something else and mine started woth 205K

Re: MBrock - 12/01/20 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by Out back

My processor said a valid # would start with 205K or something else and mine started woth 205K

Perfect. You're good. 👍
I'm loading the pocket ranger today.

Re: MBrock - 12/01/20 06:09 PM

Thanks Matt. You would think they would disable the app or delete it. My processor said my number should start with a 205K or another # and mine did start with 205K so he took it.

Re: MBrock - 12/01/20 06:18 PM

Just reporting what I’m told. I’d suggest using the OA app.

Re: MBrock - 12/01/20 06:43 PM

Just reporting what I’m told. I’d suggest using the OA app.

I just opened and got logged into the OA app and the deer I reported through the pocket ranger is in my OA app harvest record so I assume they both report and my confirmation was correct and legal. Thanks again for checking Matt glad this new one finally opened for me. I am sure I was doing something wrong before.

Re: MBrock - 12/01/20 08:20 PM

I'll just start using number 2056969
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: MBrock - 12/01/20 10:20 PM

Buy a grinder
Posted By: Luxfisher

Re: MBrock - 12/01/20 11:48 PM

Used app today worked the second time I tried.
Posted By: Bar270

Re: MBrock - 12/02/20 01:37 AM

What happens if u dont have the app

Re: MBrock - 12/02/20 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13
Buy a grinder

Piss on that. Too much work.
Easier to lie.

Re: MBrock - 12/02/20 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bar270
What happens if u dont have the app

You lie. Phck chuck.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: MBrock - 12/02/20 04:25 AM

There was a sho nuff smoke show red head at my processor this eve taking our info. Shame my daughter was present. But I gave my game check number as 696969. She got it. I’m still flustered
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: MBrock - 12/02/20 04:27 AM

More I think about it I’m gonna shoot a doe or 2 tomorrow to make a trip back. Damn
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: MBrock - 12/02/20 04:51 AM

Hope they have to have a 3rd one come turkey season I’ll get 3 limits this year

Re: MBrock - 12/02/20 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
More I think about it I’m gonna shoot a doe or 2 tomorrow to make a trip back. Damn

I would too!
Pics or it didn't happen!
Posted By: CAM

Re: MBrock - 12/02/20 11:19 AM

We gonna be needing the name of your processor grin
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: MBrock - 12/02/20 12:17 PM

Good luck. Hope you shoot 3 or 4 tomorrow. grin
© 2024 ALDEER.COM