Aldeer.com

Cell cam

Posted By: jake44

Cell cam - 10/11/20 06:28 AM

Tired of fooling with spypoint! Damn thing doesn't want to work when I need it too?
Need reliable cell cam??Gonna get a couple of them, thinking moultrie, or maybe Muddy, all Tactacams are in back order, the moultrie 6000 is on sale for $99 right now at bass pro
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 09:28 AM

I've had a moultrie for just over a year now. Took it out of the box, hung it on the tree and it is still doing what it is supposed to do.
Posted By: filespinner

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 11:17 AM

I have Covert and Tacticam Reveal. So far I like the Tacticam better than Covert, and they are $100 bucks. $13 a month for unlimited pics
Posted By: Punkinhead

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 12:04 PM

I’m officially done with SPYPOINT as well! They keep saying to update firmware when not working and that don’t work! My buddy
loves the tactacam reveal so thinking about it.
Posted By: CrappieMan

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 12:55 PM

Look no further than the reveal. Spypoints need constant firmware updates and batteries die faster than you can leave the woods. I get over 3000 pics with regular batteries in reveals and the signal is 3 times what spypoint puts out. Best camera on the market for the money any probably the best period.

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 01:28 PM

Awesome! I will take your advice and try the reveal!
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 01:34 PM

What do the reveal plans cost per month? I have alot of trouble with spypoint signal. Where im at, they just dont work except on a south facing hill. They wont work deep in a hollar so im pretty limited as to where I can put them. What experiences have yall had with the reveals in different geographic places? For instance, I can go to one of my stand locations at a creek bottom, my phone will have two bars and make calls just fine but the spypoint dont have a signal and will not transmit. How do the reveal cams signal compare to a phone side by side?

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 01:39 PM

I looked and I think $13 a month unlimited
Posted By: Livintohunt19

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 02:38 PM

I got 2 of the tactacam’s and I love them they are super easy to set up!
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 02:42 PM

Have any of you compared this tacticam next to a spartan?
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag

I’m sure Spartan’s are heads and tails over the tactacam, but you can get three reveals for the price of one spartan..
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 02:51 PM

I totally get that. Was just asking
Posted By: blade

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 03:45 PM

Spartan will Be my next ones as these die.

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 06:41 PM

The reveals I have will get more bars than my phone does. Cant compare with spartan but more impressive than covert. Battery life of reveal is what sells it more than anything else. The fact that they cant stay in stock anywhere says it all.
Posted By: Bows4evr

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 06:54 PM

I have 2 tactacams and love them
Posted By: demp17

Re: Cell cam - 10/11/20 11:13 PM

Another vote for tactacam. Great camera. I do recommend running lithium batteries and using class 10 u3 card for the best pictures sent to your phone. Regular class 10 u1 card takes good pics but they send in 8mp to phone and can get pixelated. Class 10 u3 card is really clear. ... When looking at pics from card on computer they all good
Posted By: wk2hnt

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 12:04 AM

My girls gave me a spartan last Christmas because I was to tight to buy one for myself. 7500 pics so far and one battery change at 3700 pictures just because I didn’t want to go back were it was. Moved it for the first time Friday to a field edge and am amazed at the range
Posted By: dtcolorado5876

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 12:43 AM

I bought moultrie 6000 last month. Its been in woods 2 weeks. Worked wonderful for 5 days. Havent gotten but 1 picture in last 4 days. Not impressed so far. I bought a 20$ set of lithium batteries so I know its not dead. Going to check it tomorrow
Posted By: Catfish28

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 12:56 AM

SPYPOINT is junk. Price makes it tempting but just don’t do it.
I’m on year 2 with spartan gocams. Reliability is amazing. I had one flood last year and was under water for at least 2 days. Got it, cleaned it up and it’s working fine.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag

A friend of mine has been running two Spartans for a couple of years. He’s added two tactacams at the start of the summer and just ordered two more. He said there wasn’t much difference for his purposes.
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 01:07 AM

I have 4 Spartans and 2 Spypoints. The Spartans are night and day better. The night time picture quality of the spy points is a joke.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by doekiller
The night time picture quality of the spy points is a joke.

You can tell whether its a deer or a dog.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 02:05 AM

Where is the best place to buy tactacam reveals
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Fullthrottle
Where is the best place to buy tactacam reveals

At this point any where you can find them. I bought 5 Friday was the last ones they had. Tactacam is not making anymore till next year because of parts supply issues with covid. Ebay has them priced way over retail. Most of what you find in-stock will be Verizon from what I seen when I was looking for them.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 03:07 AM

Moultrie all the way
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 03:25 AM

I have a Moultrie 6000 and a 7000. Zero issues from either. Moultrie has a 2 year warranty and added a 1 year extension. I would love some coverts or Spartans but no way I’m chancing them getting stolen.

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 03:34 AM

I have a SPYPOINT with zero issues as well. The cell link was a bust and the cheapest models had a lot of issues as well. The one I have us thE $200 model

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 10:19 AM

Keep checking scheels. They'll have some every 3 or 4 days.

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 12:28 PM

Thanks, been looking in ebay, found them for $150 there, but are $99 on scheels

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 12:58 PM

Looks like some are buying them up and putting on ebay.
Posted By: CDAuburn

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 01:41 PM

We've run 6 Moultrie cameras (5 with MV2 modems) and had very few issues. Had a little firmware issue last year with one camera and had a modem just randomly stop working, but Moultrie sent a replacement out within a week. I have no idea how many pictures they've taken since we put them out in August (thousands have been taken), but we've only refreshed modem batteries once in 2.5 months. Most of them are set up to send 4 times per day. So the battery life is really good IMO. The cost is probably higher than any other service, which kinda stinks. But I don't plan on going away from Moultrie any time soon.
Posted By: perryau1996

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 03:09 PM

My spypoint micro has been wonderful but the cell links are awful. They need a firmware update every couple weeks. Ive kept the woods stirred up from updating firmware. I used to hate Moultie MV2 but its been doing great so far this year.
Posted By: dtcolorado5876

Re: Cell cam - 10/12/20 09:22 PM

Update on the Moultrie....... I moved it to another location, which is higher up on a hill, and so far so good on the pics. The signal was showing 30% at my previous location. It is now showing 60% and I am getting pictures instantly
Posted By: Mkg0026

Re: Cell cam - 10/13/20 07:55 PM

Spartans have worked well for me. No issues at all
Posted By: Ant67

Re: Cell cam - 10/13/20 08:39 PM

Bottom line is they are all junk. That industry is ripe for a quality product that works consistently. I will say Spartan is the least junky. Picture quality on spy point is horrible. Trigger speed on Coverts are crap. Ive got two on my driveway and don't always get a pic of a vehicle. Hunting buddy has 6 Spartans on a couple of farms we lease in Illinois. If 5 are working right at any given time we call that good.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Cell cam - 10/13/20 10:18 PM

Reconyx cameras are outstanding quality but the prices are beyond the reach of most of us, including me.
Posted By: billrv

Re: Cell cam - 10/13/20 11:44 PM

Started the Cell Cam game with three SP Link S which worked fine until they had a server crash and app issues that along with their horrible customer service drove me to Reconyx. I have had GREAT service out of them, picture quality is not great but okay picks up cell signals a lot better then SP with the stock antenna, I had the SP booster, which is a joke, on all of the SPs. Reconyx will transmit on low (lithium) batteries a lot better then SP. If you add the price of the Booster to the Link S your right at the price of the Reconyx
Posted By: GmeHunter

Re: Cell cam - 10/15/20 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by kodiak06
I have a Moultrie 6000 and a 7000. Zero issues from either. Moultrie has a 2 year warranty and added a 1 year extension. I would love some coverts or Spartans but no way I’m chancing them getting stolen.

You can register your cameras with Covert. The newer ones have GPS also. If somebody tries to steal them, then you can get work with them to try and recover and password protect your pictures.

FYI

Re: Cell cam - 10/15/20 06:42 AM

Thanks guys, just ordered 2 Tactacam reveals ($113 a piece)from ganderoutdoors.com, they still have some in stock, should be here Monday, with express shipping
Posted By: StateLine

Re: Cell cam - 10/15/20 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by jake44
Thanks guys, just ordered 2 Tactacam reveals ($113 a piece)from ganderoutdoors.com, they still have some in stock, should be here Monday, with express shipping

Thanks for the info. I ordered one as well. They are still in stock.
Posted By: demp17

Re: Cell cam - 10/15/20 11:59 AM

There is a really good thread on archery talk about the Tactacams, guy within the thread works for them and has answered just about every question one could have. He highly recommends running the class 10 u3 card for the best pics that get sent to phone.
Posted By: BradB

Re: Cell cam - 10/15/20 04:24 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Got one, my first try at cellular.

Re: Cell cam - 10/16/20 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by doekiller
I have 4 Spartans and 2 Spypoints. The Spartans are night and day better. The night time picture quality of the spy points is a joke.

Mine does good enough for me at Night a fraction of the cost. Spartans are legit but too speedy for public land
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Cell cam - 10/17/20 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Livintohunt19
I got 2 of the tactacam’s and I love them they are super easy to set up!

So far I’m happy with Tactacam. Been running for close to a month with no issues yet. Plus it’s cool when you get pics.

Re: Cell cam - 10/18/20 12:07 AM

Well I was bragging about Moultrie but damn if mine didn’t stop taking pictures. Don’t know what the hell the problem is

Re: Cell cam - 10/18/20 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by johndeere5036

Well I was bragging about Moultrie but damn if mine didn’t stop taking pictures. Don’t know what the hell the problem is

How much battery ya showing?

Re: Cell cam - 10/18/20 01:59 PM

100 percent battery and 40 percent signal. Damn thing has been sending pictures for three weeks then opening day of bow season the ragged piece of sheet just quits. This is why I love technology, now I gotta drive 2.5 hours to work on a camera. With my patience level I probably won’t have this camera anymore
Posted By: buck_buster

Re: Cell cam - 10/19/20 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Reconyx cameras are outstanding quality but the prices are beyond the reach of most of us, including me.

I have bought 3 Moultires in 3 years. and I finally threw them away and saved up and bought a Reconyx. I will never not own one. it is by far the best I have ever had.. I felt stupid spending that much money But I have gotten 10X the pictures than the other cell cameras I had.. The pictures look like you took them with a iphone on portrait mode.
Posted By: buck_buster

Re: Cell cam - 10/19/20 12:35 PM

100 percent battery and 40 percent signal. Damn thing has been sending pictures for three weeks then opening day of bow season the ragged piece of sheet just quits. This is why I love technology, now I gotta drive 2.5 hours to work on a camera. With my patience level I probably won’t have this camera anymore

Everyone of my moultries done that. I finally saved up and broke down and got the Reconx it best camera on the market. IMO. 5 year warranty

Re: Cell cam - 10/19/20 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by buck_buster

Everyone of my moultries done that. I finally saved up and broke down and got the Reconx it best camera on the market. IMO. 5 year warranty

What was the reason
Posted By: Bill Dillard

Re: Cell cam - 10/19/20 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by jake44

you will like them
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Cell cam - 10/21/20 09:05 PM

I’m another Reveal fan. Sold my Spypoints. I have two Coverts. 4 Reveals. They are just as good as Coverts for 1/4 the price. They signal is great. Couldn’t gets pics in one spot with Spypoint micro link AT&T. Replaced with Reveal AT&T on same tree...full bars. Check your local Walmarts. Ours around here got shipments of them. They about gone though. I’ll continue to add Reveals every year from here on out. No since in paying $3-400 for one camera when these are so comparable.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Cell cam - 10/21/20 10:36 PM

I would change batteries when they get less than 50 %. I
got a signal booster from Amazon for $17 . Went from 0 bars to 2
2 and its working in the creekbottom now.
Posted By: tsmith

Re: Cell cam - 10/22/20 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by dagwood

What brand/model did you buy?

Re: Cell cam - 10/22/20 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by tsmith

What brand/model did you buy?

I have 2 spypoints and 1 Tactacam. Like the spypoint app better but pics are better from TC. I'm happy with both. The signal booster is just like the one Spypoint sells for $69.
Posted By: traindriver

Re: Cell cam - 10/26/20 04:44 AM

I'm on my third year with four Cuddeback mesh network (Cuddeclink) cameras. All the cameras have held up fantastically and the battery life on six Dcells is superb. I just got the add-on 12 Dcell bank and expect it to last well over a year based on my experience with the 6 cell unit. The unlimited plan is $30ish a month, but it covers all the cameras. Each home unit can support up to 15 remote cameras, and pictures are transmitted through the nearest neighbor camera, so the distance can stretch pretty good, depending on terrain. Hoping to add more before turkey season. No app needed, pictures get sent to my email.
Posted By: ghost rabbit

Re: Cell cam - 11/01/20 04:55 PM

I've owned cameras since the first 35mm Photoscout came out back in around 2000. After that I stayed mostly with the Homebrew stuff until the name brands finally caught up as far as price to reliability. I got a good deal on 5 Spartans a couple years ago and they have been by far the best cameras I have owned. There customer service was great when needed (at&t issues), they really knew their stuff. I've had next to no problems for 3 years on cell cams. I can't even normally get a standard cam to work for 3 years much less a cell cam. I bought 3 Covert mp8 blacks before I bought these and I think all 3 of them have issues and they wouldn't even warranty one within the 2 year warranty they claimed. It seems that the new Tacta cams are getting good reviews but I believe the Spartan to be the best option available.
Posted By: allsteve

Re: Cell cam - 11/22/20 01:47 AM

I finally received the two Tactacam Reveal I ordered from Gander the middle of October. Put both out yesterday and they work absolutely perfect!!! I’m a fan! I will be buying at least two more as soon as can find them.

Re: Cell cam - 11/22/20 02:56 AM

Update, had mine out for a month, still taking good pics, and battery life is still at 90%
Posted By: icducks

Re: Cell cam - 11/22/20 03:04 AM

I have Spartans and tatacams. I will not buy another tatacams cause for the amount of batteries it uses I can buy a Spartan and get three times the battery life
Posted By: therealhojo

Re: Cell cam - 11/22/20 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by icducks
I have Spartans and tatacams. I will not buy another tatacams cause for the amount of batteries it uses I can buy a Spartan and get three times the battery life

What batteries are you running?
Posted By: icducks

Re: Cell cam - 11/23/20 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by therealhojo

Energizer lithium’s. And that Tactacam eats 12 of em at a time

Re: Cell cam - 11/23/20 03:36 AM

I find batteries and cameras strange. I've got more Spartan's and Moultrie's than I care to admit. Some eat batteries like candy it seems. There are spots, on even different properties than I've tried different cameras at the same location and the batteries don't last. Some I don't change for months at other locations and they are taking about the same number of pictures. It's like the cell signal is different or something. I've got 1 spot that I've tried 3-4 different cameras and I can't get more than a few weeks. It does get expensive.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Cell cam - 11/23/20 03:38 AM

If it’s over a feeder they will all eat batteries. You can also adjust your send times to once a day or twice a day. I use regular old AA alkaline batteries in mine and they last a long time if not sitting on a feeder. I’ll stick to $100 cams and replace the batteries once or twice a season.
Posted By: BamaWes14

Re: Cell cam - 11/23/20 11:35 AM

I run 3 Spartans. They are definitely pricey but I think are worth it. Have had mine going on 5 years and never once a problem. Have an external battery box that has two 6v batteries and I usually don’t change batteries but once a year usually.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Cell cam - 11/23/20 11:53 AM

I think one of my favorite things about the spartans is the quality of pictures they take. The high quality ones they send via text or email are good enough for me to use for about any purpose, but the photos once downloaded off the SD card gorgeous and very high quality. They use a high quality camera in their stuff and it shows. I've got some other cameras that claim higher MP per picture, but they don't look half as good as the spartan pictures.
Posted By: General

Re: Cell cam - 11/23/20 03:53 PM

I have 2 Spartans and one Moultrie and there is no comparison in picture quality as the Spartans are a lot better. The Moultrie is good for day pics but the flash is not very deep and the deer need to be within 15' of the camera to get a really good pic. I would buy another Moultrie just because they are cheap, easy to set up and you don't have to deal with a cell company.

Re: Cell cam - 11/23/20 04:09 PM

My tactacam has 90% battery left after 9 weeks. About 1000 pics a month good signal and 12 hour transmittion. I use alkaline everready batteries.
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Cell cam - 11/23/20 05:02 PM

My tactacam has 90% battery left after 9 weeks. About 1000 pics a month good signal and 12 hour transmittion. I use alkaline everready batteries.

About the same for me. Using Energizer lithiums and still plenty of battery on a feeder. I just adjusted settings and seems to be working well. Decent pictures. Don't mind 12 batteries if I get good life out of them.

Re: Cell cam - 11/23/20 07:34 PM

Bad thing about lithium's, The reading doesn't mean anything. They go from good to bad in one picture.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM