Aldeer.com

When’s the Rut in North Jefferson County

Posted By: fishingbucks

When’s the Rut in North Jefferson County - 09/26/20 12:49 AM

I know deer numbers are fairly low in this area but when’s the main rut activity in northwest Jefferson County between Warrior (starting west of I65) back toward the new I22 around West Jefferson?
Posted By: SouthernRoots

Re: When’s the Rut in North Jefferson County - 09/27/20 03:23 AM

I grew up between Adamsville and West Jefferson ( other side of 22). I have to say that Im not an expert on the area because I didn't hunt around the house super hard but I did piddle around on my grandfathers land when I couldn't get to our normal hunting area and I did run a lot of trail cams out there. I do know that on those 40 acres and the surrounding area we always started seeing a lot more buck movement around the week of Christmas - the second week of January. Around that same time bucks started showing up dead on the sides of roads pretty frequently too.
Posted By: Mww460

Re: When’s the Rut in North Jefferson County - 09/28/20 05:19 AM

I hunt more West Jefferson area but would say week before Christmas threw the first week of January
Posted By: Catfish28

Re: When’s the Rut in North Jefferson County - 09/28/20 01:07 PM

While it’s been some time ago, I hunted Jeffco for a decade or so. I saw rutting activity from Christmas through mid January. Seemed to be like clockwork regardless of weather.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM