Aldeer.com

attractants

Posted By: redhedder

attractants - 09/18/20 03:21 PM

I have seen very few attractants rival corn. however, I was just curious if you guys have found something that works. There are so many protein blocks, apple salt blocks, acorn rage and so forth. You can spend a fortune. Just wondering if you guys found anything that you can put in front of your camera that really works. Thanks
Posted By: Out back

Re: attractants - 09/18/20 03:32 PM

Natural habitat.
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: attractants - 09/18/20 05:28 PM

i like wheat as well, it contains more protien than corn. I usually mix a bag in my corn pile. Discovered it by accident when i put a camera out one time. Thought it was a bag of corn that was previously in my truck. Turned out to be wheat, i put it out anyways. Had a good buck hit it first thing.

that cmere deer corn coat works pretty good too, especially if its a new site.

rice bran works very good, but you have to be carefull down here and pay attention to the weather ot it'll mold
Posted By: CrappieMan

Re: attractants - 09/18/20 07:37 PM

I've found nothing yet that works like deer candy. I'm not much on gimmicks but this stuff works!!!
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: attractants - 09/18/20 07:58 PM

Rice Bran works for me.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: attractants - 09/18/20 08:19 PM

Something different and better tasting than your neighbor. I’m no baiter BUT.....If you got the money and the time mix up alfalfa pellets, cracked corn, & apple rice bran. Top your mix with 4S Draw. Best to feed in a trough because it will clog feeders and putting it on the ground opens you up to rain.
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: attractants - 09/18/20 09:07 PM

Tucker milling, deer draw...
Posted By: wk2hnt

Re: attractants - 09/19/20 02:33 AM

Pink mix from Tiffany I think it’s supposed to be sweet turnips or something like that. It works great for getting pictures and I’ve shot a few with pink stained noses.
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: attractants - 09/19/20 03:21 AM

I use triple threat from Casey’s feed in hope hull. It’s their own mix of corn mixed in mollases and some other goods. I personally have seen it outdraw some other feeds. It’s about $9 bucks for a 50 lb bag.
I would highly recommend.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: attractants - 09/19/20 08:27 PM

I have one spray thats three ingredients and it draws them like fairy dust, regardless of state. I’m only telling my grandkids.

The other I call Alabama Red Dirt, its a mixture of “dirt bag“ and “ Persimmon Crush“ Deer Attractants

The other is Code Blue Grave digger on a mock scrape that you pissed in, it works.

The other that works is Record Rack Wildberry Block. Dig a hole or set it in a depression because they’ll move it all over the woods. Get them used to this and then stop putting the blocks out and then just bust off a chunk and bring it to the stand with you, toss it out away from you somewhere...They are coming !

Another thing I came up with for the intention of hogs, the hogs don’t rush to it, but the deer fight over it, is a pinole (cookie) made with “Hog Wild”, corn meal, oats, and pancake syrup. Make cookies out of it and bake them for about an hour at 225 until they stiffin up.

Posted By: Autseed

Re: attractants - 09/22/20 02:02 PM

We used bags of rice bran occasionally last year, and the deer lost their minds over it. Put their whole heads into the pile and came up white-faced. Called it "deer crack" by the end of the year. Pretty cheap to buy and the deer find it almost immediately. Just pour it out the night before and hunt the next morning.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: attractants - 09/22/20 11:11 PM

Rice bran is like crack to deer and on our places the bucks like it even better than the does. Only fault with it is it will mold if it gets wet but rarely lasts long enough to get rained on
© 2024 ALDEER.COM