Aldeer.com

Lone wolf climber

Posted By: CrappieMan

Lone wolf climber - 07/04/20 10:10 PM

Anybody own one, worth the money?
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/04/20 11:36 PM

Yep and yep. Been using them for 14 years now.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/04/20 11:50 PM

I like them. LW has a sale on this weekend.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/05/20 12:01 AM

meh
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/05/20 02:34 AM

Had one 30 years ago. Worked well, a bit small.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/05/20 02:40 AM

Watch craigslist and Facebook marketplace. At one time I used to buy any I came across for $200 or less. I have 7 of them. Great stand that pacs and climbs tight and quiet.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/05/20 09:31 PM

Yes
Posted By: Scott4Hunting

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/05/20 11:19 PM

I have one and love it. Very light and packs small.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/05/20 11:59 PM

Yes and yes.
Posted By: SouthernRoots

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/06/20 12:40 AM

I have a top section that I use with my ol' mans bottom section. Its a little heavier but I just feel more secure in with that bottom. You can get a hand climber top section for a pretty good price on amazon
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/06/20 02:29 AM

I switched to one 2 years ago. They are super quiet, pack flat, very stable climbing and once you get set up . It won’t climb as big of trees as an ol man or summit and you need to be comfortable with no rail. If a you are a bigger fella get the wide. If you tote a stand a ways IMHO it is a good one to tote. Like said above you can find them for a good deal. Also might want to look at a XOP sit and climb, very similar stand made by the son of the fella that came up with lone wolf stands.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/06/20 02:36 AM

I had one, not a fan. Definitely a very secure stand, a bit to secure. With the belt it’s a pain to climb with, grips too well. Also, folding it flat is a hassle, to pack it. Comfort was fine, but not near a summit.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/07/20 01:35 AM

One of the best parts of the lone wolf belt design is the ability to easily disconnect the belt to climb over limbs. I often go over the first limb with both pieces and go over the second limb with the top piece. Feel like I’m hidden and I can position myself where I can lean on the limb with my right leg/hip.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/07/20 02:05 AM

I need to buy one. I love my Summit Titan once I’m in the tree but it is a pain to pack in and out of thick areas. The weight doesn’t bother me it’s the amount of crap the stand gets hung on.
Posted By: General

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/19/20 04:07 PM

I have a lone wolf and it is definitely perfect for the minimalist or public hand hunter who has to cover a lot of ground.
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/19/20 05:00 PM

Love my lw sit and climb wide. Light, us made and 350 lb capacity.
Posted By: CrappieMan

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/20/20 12:49 AM

Only drawback I see is lack of shooting rail. Looks like they had an add on at one time.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/20/20 04:03 AM

I just take a small shooting stick up the tree with me now. Makes a huge difference. Most of the time my woods hunting from a climber I’m not shooting far anyway. I typically use my lone wolf in bow season.
Posted By: Lockjaw

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/21/20 06:06 PM

I have an XOP, and its not that comfortable. I added a Hazmore seat, and still the same issue. There just isn't a lot of real estate to sit on. It is super stable and compact though. I bought an aluminum summit viper, and although more bulky, its way more comfortable, and easier to get on and off the tree.
Posted By: bama_earl

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/28/20 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw
Yep and yep. Been using them for 14 years now.

which one do you have? also looking to get one myself, I have always hunted out of a summit but i have to stand and shoot. Also looking at a Summit Open Shot
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Lone wolf climber - 07/29/20 01:44 AM

I use the Sit-n-climb wide, or the 4 climbing sticks and Alpha-II hang-on depending on the tree. I admit a summit sits more comfortable, but I like a feel of the LW cast alum platform to stand on and it's quieter, built-in bow holder, packs thin and feels better to haul on the back..
© 2024 ALDEER.COM