Aldeer.com

Yanahli WMA

Posted By: joshm28

Yanahli WMA - 03/25/20 10:21 PM

Anyone ever hunted this WMA in TN? Looks like some decent river bottoms. I just wonder how crowded it might be during bow season/mid week.
Posted By: sasquatch1

Re: Yanahli WMA - 03/26/20 01:14 AM

lots of game and lots of hunters. I'm sure you have but if not look at their harvest stats. They kill a lot of critters on that small 12k acres. However you dnt kill that much stuff without a lot of hunters
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: Yanahli WMA - 03/26/20 02:06 AM

I took my son up there for their youth gun weekend last October. I don’t think we saw a single hunter in the section of woods that we set up in. That said, I had taken a gamble and contacted on the private land owners up there and asked permission to cross his property to get to a section of the WMA that would be harder to get to by foot if you take public access. It was a great experience in that the guy spent two hours walking around in the rain with us helping us pick out a spot for the next day. We saw 27 deer over two days and my son shot two deer. We did not see any bucks. The place is absolutely covered up with turkeys. I’m pretty sure that’s where Catman hunts if you follow his YouTube channel. We’ll be going back.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: Yanahli WMA - 03/26/20 06:36 PM

Covered up with hunters also I’m told

Never been there but I know several that has
© 2024 ALDEER.COM