Aldeer.com

Deer Meat For Sale

Posted By: LetOff

Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 03:27 PM

I took the guy who does my wife's nails hunting this year and he killed a big doe. He called me Saturday morning and said "I think it's illegal for you to sale deer meat to me but I dont care, can you sale me some ?"
I only put 4 deer in freezer this year so I told him no.
I get to church yesterday (our last live service for a while) and I'm approached by 3 ladies who had obviously gotten together, they call me over and ask me the same thing, can I sale them some deer meat.

Seems like all this self isolation I did between Nov thru Jan has paid off, little did I know I was preparing for this.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 03:37 PM

Im curious about the hunt with the nail guy 🤔 🤣

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by jb20

Well, I didn't say cause I didn't want to take any ribbin and most of you wouldn't understand but he also does one of my nails as well. I'm a guitarist and play at least twice a week. My pick finger scrapes the strings sometimes and believe it or not would wear my nail down so thin that it would split all the way to the quick. VERY PAINFUL and just about stop me from playing. My wife suggested I get them to do that nail in acrylic, I did and it's worked out great. Me and the nail guy became friends, he wanted to go hunting so I took him a couple of three times. He was already a shooter, had his own rifles so I didn't have to baby sit. I just put him in a shooting house and told him how to tell if a doe was mature or not.

There, I said it, I get my nail done.

Oh, and when I walk in the shop the 4 ladies who work there say "Hello one nail." (you have to say it with a Vietnamese accent for it to be funny).
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 03:51 PM

That's actually plausible and pretty dang funny. Good for you for taking a newbie hunter too! thumbup

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 03:52 PM

😁 makes more sense now
Posted By: Out back

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by LetOff
I took the guy who does my wife's nails hunting this year and he killed a big doe. He called me Saturday morning and said "I think it's illegal for you to sale deer meat to me but I dont care, can you sale me some ?"
I get to church yesterday (our last live service for a while) and I'm approached by 3 ladies who had obviously gotten together, they call me over and ask me the same thing, can I sale them some deer meat.

Seems like all this self isolation I did between Nov thru Jan has paid off, little did I know I was preparing for this.

Sell. The word you're looking for is SELL.
And yes, it's illegal.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Out back

And yes, it's illegal.

I've quit trying to teach people proper spelling on this forum. Might as well try to sell ice to an Eskimo.
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 05:40 PM

Just do some “bartering” for paper goods or hand sanitizer, you’ll come out way ahead😉.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 06:18 PM

I’m going to trade my buddy a deer roast for as many bluegills and shellcrackers me and my lil man can catch off his pier! Seems like a great deal to me!
Posted By: JA

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 06:18 PM

Well, I didn't say cause I didn't want to take any ribbin and most of you wouldn't understand but he also does one of my nails as well. I'm a guitarist and play at least twice a week. My pick finger scrapes the strings sometimes and believe it or not would wear my nail down so thin that it would split all the way to the quick. VERY PAINFUL and just about stop me from playing. My wife suggested I get them to do that nail in acrylic, I did and it's worked out great. Me and the nail guy became friends, he wanted to go hunting so I took him a couple of three times. He was already a shooter, had his own rifles so I didn't have to baby sit. I just put him in a shooting house and told him how to tell if a doe was mature or not.

Oh, and when I walk in the shop the 4 ladies who work there say "Hello one nail." (you have to say it with a Vietnamese accent for it to be funny).

We're all adults here, if you get your nails done and hunt with your personal nail stylist them just come out and say it. No long story needed. laugh
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 06:34 PM

That is illegal.

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 06:55 PM

ok ok ok, spelling was wrong. Forgive me, I'll do better.

Second, I know its illegal, I don't have any to sail.
Posted By: woodduck

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 07:01 PM

My freezer is empty of deer for the first time in 40 years. Hell of time for it
Posted By: Clem

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 07:48 PM

Sell, not sale.

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 08:29 PM

Much better on the spelling. 👍😀

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

Much better on the spelling. 👍😀

You liked that didn't cha thumbup
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/16/20 08:40 PM

And yes, it's illegal.

Outback is correct on both counts. He can however take the deer meat from you for the cost of the processing as long as you are not making a profit then it is kosher.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 02:52 AM

And yes, it's illegal.

Well maybe the nail guy pronounced it like the spelling "sale"

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by jawbone

And yes, it's illegal.

Outback is correct on both counts. He can however take the deer meat from you for the cost of the processing as long as you are not making a profit then it is kosher.

Theys no profit in deer meat, stands, time paid for hunting, guns, and bunch more....sell it for what u got in it and smile 😃
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 03:47 AM

There's 9 dear deer that sailed into our freezer via the cuber and grinder. Around 200 specklebelly breasts and enough wild hog hindquarters and loins and sausage to start a BBQ joint for about a week. Made 2 trips with the family for coolers full of sheepshead this week to add variety. None are for, four or fore sell, sale, cell or sail. It's a good feeling. But we are low on bottled water...maybe our well water will suffice.

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by JayHook2
There's 9 dear deer that sailed into our freezer via the cuber and grinder. Around 200 specklebelly breasts and enough wild hog hindquarters and loins and sausage to start a BBQ joint for about a week. Made 2 trips with the family for coolers full of sheepshead this week to add variety. None are for, four or fore sell, sale, cell or sail. It's a good feeling. But we are low on bottled water...maybe our well water will suffice.

Coming to south Baldwin when I get hungry 😃👍
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 04:24 AM

So I guess he Nailed it?
Posted By: AC870

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by JayHook2

That’s a lot of meet u could cell.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 11:13 AM

Do the gals ever say, "One nail, we love you long time."
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Do the gals ever say, "One nail, we love you long time."

or "you want happy ending?"
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
That is illegal.

actually it is legal to sell deer meat in Alabama....... crazy
Posted By: Out back

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
That is illegal.

Them big penned operations do it every year.
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 03:19 PM

When I was a teen i traded fish filets in exchange for bait and gas money to neighborhood folks to help support my habit. Game warden approved

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 06:18 PM

That is illegal.

ain't got shittt to do with a pen....try again.
Posted By: eskimo270

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

And yes, it's illegal.

I've quit trying to teach people proper spelling on this forum. Might as well try to sell ice to an Eskimo.

How much ice do you wanna sale?
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 07:02 PM

You aren't going to post of pic of you and him lying on the ground next to a dead turkey are you.

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 08:06 PM

That is illegal.

ain't got shittt to do with a pen....try again.

You can sell finished taxidermy products from wildlife, but not finished meat products Troy. The precedent has been set recently and upheld. If a processor sells meat to ANYONE other than who brought them the deer, it is illegal. Only way around it is for the owner of said deer to transfer ownership of the carcass to the individual wanting to pick it up.

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 08:10 PM

what about selling canned imported red deer meat?

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 08:20 PM

I don’t know about that. I’m speaking on white-tailed deer killed and processed in AL.

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 08:21 PM

what about selling canned imported red deer meat?

New Zealand exports deer meat for us to buy. If you buy a venison dish at a restaurant it ain't a young buck that was walking around Macon county a few days ago.
Posted By: olemossy

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 10:53 PM

When i was a teenager. We killed many a deer and donated them for beer money. And the folks drug them into their trailers, guts and all to clean them. I am sure many folks ate them at the local Asian restaurant.

Like i said. Beer money, well and gas. Is that wrong?
Posted By: bama1971

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 10:57 PM

I know several processors that you can walk in and buy meat. Legal or not

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/17/20 10:59 PM

I don’t know about that. I’m speaking on white-tailed deer killed and processed in AL.

NObody said Whitetail deer, only deer meat.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/18/20 01:45 AM

Happens every year at every processor in Alabama after season goes out. I asked about it once, was told by the folks who work that, ain't worth fooling with, not even sure it is illegal
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/18/20 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by bama1971
I know several processors that you can walk in and buy meat. Legal or not

one I use technically doesnt sell it you just pay the processing fee that the individual that brought the deer in failed to pay. your not technically buying the meat your simply paying for the service.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/18/20 07:47 PM

Some people just gotta talk themselves into a ticket.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/20/20 05:07 AM

]
You can sell finished taxidermy products from wildlife, but not finished meat products Troy. The precedent has been set recently and upheld. If a processor sells meat to ANYONE other than who brought them the deer, it is illegal. Only way around it is for the owner of said deer to transfer ownership of the carcass to the individual wanting to pick it up. [/quote]

So several processors usually sell leftover meat (sausage and such) that never got picked up by end of season. Is that not the case anymore or was it always illegal?
Posted By: k bush

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/20/20 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by nomercy
]
You can sell finished taxidermy products from wildlife, but not finished meat products Troy. The precedent has been set recently and upheld. If a processor sells meat to ANYONE other than who brought them the deer, it is illegal. Only way around it is for the owner of said deer to transfer ownership of the carcass to the individual wanting to pick it up.

So several processors usually sell leftover meat (sausage and such) that never got picked up by end of season. Is that not the case anymore or was it always illegal?[/quote]

Try that with a migratory bird mount. Know one who's had a beautiful pintail on his wall for several years because the owner won't pick it up. Undoubtedly the Feds really frown on selling ducks.
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/20/20 04:29 PM

The processor I use down here (Carl's Premium Deer Processing) WAS letting people come pay for orders that were never picked up. I got one with about 10 lbs of deer/beef burger and 15 lbs of snack sticks. The other processor here in Robertsdale (Farm Fresh) does it too, but I called too late.

If push comes to shove and some of you are too squeamish to bend the rules to feed your family, call some local crop farmers. MANY of them have depredation permits. They're SUPPOSED to leave the deer lay when they kill them, but I'd have a hard time believing a GW would give you a problem about that.

I'm headed to my lease to get a pig or two soon. It'll be a one and one deal. Shoot one for me and another to give the locals so they'll quarter mine for me.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/21/20 01:20 AM

Just charge a delivery fee (gas money), but DO NOT sell the meat...
Posted By: Big AL 76

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/22/20 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by woodduck
My freezer is empty of deer for the first time in 40 years. Hell of time for it

I’m right there with you this year..
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/25/20 11:23 AM

You can charge him for the processing fee. If things keep going the way they are I think there’s a farmer that needs some deer taken care of. Just saying.
Posted By: ACT3

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/25/20 01:08 PM

We met an older guy who coon hunted some land we were invited to hunt - woke up to coons in the walk in cooler one morning with 1 foot still attached ......he said he traded em to some of the womens he knew (for a lil "sum'n sum'n as he would say). Reckon that was legal? laugh
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/27/20 04:21 PM

So what color did you go with?
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/27/20 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by ACT3
We met an older guy who coon hunted some land we were invited to hunt - woke up to coons in the walk in cooler one morning with 1 foot still attached ......he said he traded em to some of the womens he knew (for a lil "sum'n sum'n as he would say). Reckon that was legal? laugh

Coon for Kitty. Hate see what those ladies looked like!!
Posted By: Stob

Re: Deer Meat For Sale - 03/31/20 04:41 PM

OK, I gotta QU?? I was in a Local Mexican market the other day and they had dried fish, including SNOOK.
Is it OK to sell a SNOOK?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM