Aldeer.com

Feeding deer

Posted By: Mascot

Feeding deer - 02/12/20 02:58 PM

I don’t recall catching a thread on this but I have seen a lot of info regarding feeding deer roasted soybeans or soybeans mixed with other things. My question is has anyone fed deer soybean hulls like you would feed to cattle? We get two ton sacks and fill buckets with it mixed with corn and feed cows. I would think this would work the same for deer. Any thoughts?
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: Feeding deer - 02/13/20 12:57 AM

I dont see why they wouldn't eat them. Where I'm at people that have black bears deal bad buy soybeans and feed that instead of corn because the bears will not eat the soybeans but if you put corn out and have bears they will lay down in it and eat so much to the point they throw it all up and then eat some more til they throw it up again and it smells terrible.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Feeding deer - 02/15/20 05:34 AM

Don't feed deer hulls as they don't need roughage like cows do. Deer are 80% browsers and 20% grazers. Cows are 70% grazers and 30% browsers I think.
Posted By: Mascot

Re: Feeding deer - 02/18/20 03:14 AM

Thanks
Posted By: BIG HAIRY HUNTER

Re: Feeding deer - 02/25/20 10:21 PM

They will not eat soybean hulls as cattle do. We used to buy split soybeans out of Lauderdale county which had a good many hulls mixed in. Every time we filled bunk feeders, we had to remove the leftover hulls. Deer would pick out every soybean and always leave the hulls.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM