Aldeer.com

How was your season?

Posted By: MS_Hunter

How was your season? - 02/11/20 12:04 AM

With the season winding down and closed in some places....how was your season?
I killed 2 bucks, a doe and 3 pigs on public land in MS. Saw more deer than I have in the past few years combined and saw at least 4 bucks that I couldn't get a shot on. All the long walks and getting up early to drive a hour seemed like a pain in the azz but I had fun this year.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 12:21 AM

I would consider mine to be very good. Had three leases and killed one good mature buck off of each one and one buck being my biggest ever on my own land. I didn’t get to hunt near as much as what I normally do but I saw more bucks this year than I ever have. I did see very good rut activity. For all the work and effort I put in I got to be with my oldest boy while he killed a nice buck youth weekend then I got my wife on a nice buck and I limited out in Alabama. Very very thrilled how it worked out for me and my family. The only bad thing is I wounded a big six I had been after for years here around the house in Mississippi. All in all I’m already making plans for next year and seeing what I can do to make things better. Here they are in order [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: top cat

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 12:23 AM

OK. Kilt one good one. Missed one. And put a bad shot on another good one. Daughter kilt a nice one as well.
Helped 4 youth kill their first deer.
Hosted 5 Vietnam vets on our annual Semper Fi hunt. Helped a totally blind one kill his first whitetail.
Had worse fo sho.
Glad it's over. Seen a buncha turkeys. Pretty sure I may chase them this year.
Bout ready to wet a line.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 12:43 AM

Did not hunt again this year
Posted By: willdo22

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 12:51 AM

Tough.

0 kills for me.
Posted By: Gig

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 12:56 AM

Mshunter
Outstanding enjoy!
For me 3 yotes
1 hog
2 buks
Thinking about some deer hog sausage with a bit of yote ahhh.
But overall the korn has everything all fubar!
Were going no corn better food plots next year.
Happy hunting!
Posted By: StoneMan

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 12:57 AM

Glad it’s over. Ready for some saltwater fishing in a month.
Posted By: Peach

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:02 AM

I killed three mature bucks but no giants. Still hunting in Florida
Posted By: gman

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:07 AM

Good season for me. Big mature doe. Oops, 2yo 8pt and oldest/heaviest messed up rack buck i ever killed. First time in years ive been mad at em enough to carry a rifle as much as i did.
Posted By: jb20

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:09 AM

Good season killed one mature one and one for meat...i should've tagged out on 3 good ones but that's on me all I want is the opportunity...took my kids some and my daughter almost had one but the glare of sun was too bad on scope n couldn't get shot off..glad it's over so I can get sum stuff done
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:10 AM

Got 2 granddaughters there first deer.
Got a granddaughter her first buck
I did not score this season, passed on
a few hoping they grow and never met
the big bucks I had nighttime pics of .
As always still had a blast !
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:13 AM

Awesome. Lord blessed me with a many of beautiful sunrise and sunsets. Oh and a nice buck with my recurve
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:20 AM

No buck, but that’s normal for me. I guess I would have to classify my self as a trophy hunter.
2 does, 1 with my bow to make a kill 11 years in a row with my bow.
Sat with my dad once which was the first time I have deer hunted with him in prob 20 years, so that was nice.
Posted By: hopper35005

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:29 AM

Good season for me, killed one mature buck. Seen a lot of deer this season, and wasn’t sure about us voting no corn but it didn’t hurt us any, our plots were getting hammered. Both my kids shot a doe each, my little boy missed the opportunity on the biggest buck on the club. Made memories and had a blast
Posted By: AC870

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:30 AM

I had a really enjoyable season (except for one morning).
I had not shot a deer each of the last 2 seasons and I got 3 bucks and a doe. No one was more surprised than me.
Even better, I saw deer nearly every sit. If I’m seeing em, I’m happy.
Heck, I even passed up a buck or 2.
I think there was a bumper crop of deer in our area this year and the corn brought em out of the woodwork.
And I took off a few Saturdays in December to fish and caught a 7 to 8 lb. bass.
Definitely a winter to remember.
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:44 AM

Bad year here in Florida. I managed to harvest one doe. I joined the wrong club this year. Way too much drama for this old man. Hunting in central Georgia next year. New club has more turkeys than you can shake a stick at. They consider the turkeys a nuisance too. Anybody want to go?
Posted By: centralala

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:45 AM

Terrible but knew it would be this way before season started. I sold my best 2 deer properties this past summer. Those properties produced well for the new owners. Got 2 new properties but they were no where near ready to hunt. Thought I would go to one of the new properties.just to see if I could see a deer there this afternoon. The day went just like the season. Started raining as soon as I got there. The wind came every direction known to man. A dog came out. A friendly dog that wanted me to play in the rain with him. When I wouldn't play he decided to have a bowel movement about 5 ft from me to smell the rest of the afternoon. He then proceeded to lay by me and lick his scrotum for the next hour...in the rain....with a swirling wind. And that last afternoon summed up my season.
Posted By: DGAMBLER

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:51 AM

I had a pretty rough season with not much reward. I went WAY too much and plan to go much less next season. It really sucked when I found out I have the flu today...
Posted By: eclipse829

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 02:05 AM

Tagged out on Bucks, 1 really nice 8 point with the Bow. Another 8pt, a 6pt and a big Nanny with the gun. My son killed a buck off our farm as well. Great season on our little slice of heaven.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 02:09 AM

Worst season ever....I may as well went Kanoodlin...
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 02:13 AM

Didnt shoot a deer but had a great time.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 02:23 AM

Not bad I don’t guess. Saw a lot of deer let several young bucks and a nice 10 that I should have shot walk. My daughter killed her first deer a small buck and my son killed his biggest. Maybe next year I’ll get back mad at them
Posted By: duxlayer

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 02:27 AM

Killed 2 coyotes with bow
2 does with bow
1 8 point in Indiana with a bow
3 bucks in Alabama all rifle
Got my sister her first buck
My wife killed her best buck
And helped put a couple people on some good bucks so it was a pretty good year .
Already planning and picking up some potential property for next year .
My 3
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MarkBAMA

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 02:34 AM

Not a bad season for me. I saw a bunch of deer and most were bucks. Ended up killing 2 nice 8pts and a doe. Passed a busted up 9pt 2 weeks ago and saw another hoss that made it through the season. Got another season with my 75 year old Dad. Several mature bucks taken on our lease but plenty of seed left for next season.
Posted By: eskimo270

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 02:43 AM

Pulled the trigger 6 times: 3 mature bama bucks, 1-3.5 yo ga buck, 2 pigs

This is the first year that I can remember not killing a yote, in fact I didn’t even see one from the stand
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 02:47 AM

Best ever. Figured out a couple things this year that really helped us see alot more deer. Saw way more young bucks than ever before. Now if we can just figure out the old guys.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 02:51 AM

I'd say you had a pretty good year duxlayer....This buds for you.... beers That's a beast laying with that double barrel.... thumbup thumbupNICE!!!.....
Posted By: Auburn_03

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 03:01 AM

Had a good season for where I hunt in Marshall County. Killed 3 does and 3 bucks. My daughter was with me on one buck kill and really enjoyed the experience.
Posted By: duxlayer

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by DeerNutz0U812_
I'd say you had a pretty good year duxlayer....This buds for you.... beers That's a beast laying with that double barrel.... thumbup thumbupNICE!!!.....

That gun is a beast of a 10 gauge lol probably weighs 16 lbs
Posted By: MorningAir

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 03:39 AM

I only hunted 6 mornings and 1 afternoon all season. Killed a big 200lb 5 year old I wanted and let 3 other good deer go. 2nd year in a row I’ve killed a deer over 200 lbs. Our club, thanks to the rain and warm weather only had 6 does logged in as dead so that made me happy too. Hoping we may be getting some deer numbers back next year.
Posted By: Holcomb

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 03:43 AM

Worst season in 10+ years for me. Only saw a hand full of deer over the entire season, none over 6 months old.
Posted By: lances

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 12:41 PM

First year in a long time didn’t fill a tag in Alabama ( or write it on paper lol). Hunted new ground hard during the rut but didn’t see any deer over 100 inches. Pretty sad but did get to spend quality time with my father. Had good season other states though just missed seeing rut activity like normal in Alabama.
Posted By: James

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:29 PM

Weather definitely sucked for us down south, and we had to deal with a couple of middle aged hunters who like to ride around and check Greenfields and dump corn everyday 🤢 But any time spent in the woods with my boys is a good time, and we won't have to deal with them GOOBERS this season....
Posted By: demp17

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:40 PM

Best season I've ever had and its not even close!

Started off with me killing a deer of a lifetime in Alabama with my bow, carried a good friend with me to Illinois and he killed a giant, and then best of all my son going with me nearly every time I stepped out the door (which wasn't too often due to sports) and him killing a 7 point and a doe with me and then a nice 8 point with his Paw Paw. Also my little girl went with me several times and although she isn't quite ready to shoot one she got to see several deer and one nice buck that I didn't shoot because there was no way I could get him out from under the mountain with her with me so he got a pass.
Posted By: BIG-AL

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 01:43 PM

Best season in a long time!!!
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 03:06 PM

Great season for me. I killed 3 nice bucks, spent lots of time enjoying the woods, learned some spots to set-up for next season, got a head start on turkey scouting, and hosted a wild game tasting/dinner for a large group of friends that otherwise would not have eaten it. Even gave out 1-lb tubes of ground venison as party favors.
Posted By: LIOJeff

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 03:13 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Willis_11

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 04:23 PM

Pretty good season for me. Saw a lot of deer, got to hunt with my dad a bunch. I shot one good buck with my bow and also learned a lot in doing so. With this buck I had to hold at full draw for a good 45 seconds to a minute due to him changing directions, kinda threw me off. Holding at full draw that long is something I never really practice when shooting in the yard but I will going forward. Good learning experience!
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 04:28 PM

i had a decent season, only killed one buck, passed up a 120 inch 8 point that was later killed by a club member for his first deer. saw more deer at my camp in butler county than ive ever seen in a season, but didn't kill a buck there. I lost my best place to hunt which is a major blow to my future success.overall i can't complain.
Originally Posted by LIOJeff
[Linked Image]

you sir had an outstanding season
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 04:32 PM

Learned a lot, saw tons of deer, didn't kill much of anything. Won't call it a bad season because it's always a pleasure to hunt, but I've had more exciting ones.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 04:47 PM

Good year. Hunted 95% in TN for the 2nd straight season. Saw a lot of deer, killed my personal best buck and another decent one to fill my last tag. First deer season I've tagged out. Got a freezer full of meat, learned a lot more about the properties I'm hunting, and lots of great memories. Can't ask for much more than that.
Posted By: G/H

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 05:07 PM

Meh, killed a doe with bow. Missed a buck at the house with bow. I don't kill a lot of deer anyway but it was mentally draining
Posted By: WmHunter

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 06:36 PM

Didn't pull the trigger or fling an arrow on a deer all season.
Saw and passed about 35-40 2 and 3 yo bucks and a couple 4s.
Never saw the three shooter bucks I had on camera.
Did kill a yote Sunday morning so at least I pulled the trigger on something.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 07:48 PM

I had a good year. Shot my personal best deer in almost 3 decades. I hate my wife didn't get a shot a good buck but she's good with it. Due to an injury that kept him out of work most of January, I got to spend some awesome quality time with my oldest son out in the woods. Something we haven't had the opportunity to do in years and I loved that! Killed an average buck on my club property too. So I killed 2 bucks and worked my arse off to get them both but I'm real happy! Now on to property improvements and seeing what bucks made it through the season, and of course picking out some longbeards that need to be culled! laugh

Dr. B
Posted By: ChrisAU

Re: How was your season? - 02/11/20 07:52 PM

Shot a bull elk DIY on public land in CO, took my first ever whitetail with a bow, and limited out on bucks in AL. Full freezer. Fantastic season.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: How was your season? - 02/12/20 12:53 AM

My family has had an awesome 2yr run. Last year, I killed my biggest buck ever. This year my dad killed his largest ever. And best of all, this year my daughter killed her first deer ever, a small 8pt. All of this came on land we bought a few years ago and have put A LOT of blood, sweat, and fuel in to. It's been great!
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: How was your season? - 02/12/20 02:28 AM

My season was great this year (for a change). Hunted a piece of public land in early Oct that I've never been before and stuck a doe 2nd time out with the bow in WV. Stuck a doe in Nov? at the hunt club in Jackson Co, AL, and shot a decent 8 pt with a ML on RSA in Dec. Made a euro-mount of the 8 and it's on the wall. Lost the drive to to do much after that, but I've got some good steaks, sausage, and burger in the freezer. Hunted a few weekends in Jackson Co, stayed in the camper, ran the propane heater for the two weeks of winter we've had, enjoyed the Coleman Coffee and food during the night.
Posted By: Razorsharp123

Re: How was your season? - 02/12/20 02:36 AM

Midseason I was griping about my season - and it was a terrible season for buck sightings from the tree except one. I’ve got to spend my hunting time focused on hunting and that will be one of my goals next year.

Ended up killing my second bow deer (doe) on public land, my biggest buck ever on my little lease, a doe there too and an antlerless buck at the new farm of the person that got me into hunting. All told it was a GREAT year in hindsight. A full freezer and lots of fun had, all told.

Next year I WILL get a bow buck, and will harvest a deer with with open sights - mark it down.
Posted By: ACT3

Re: How was your season? - 02/12/20 12:24 PM

After losing our favorite lease about two weeks into the season, i thought it was going to be a disaster but as far as deer go - we saw a bunch of deer and put meat in the freezer so it was a win, but what made it great was that i got to spend a lot of time in the woods with my three kids (20,18, and 11). My daughter missed a good buck in January and never got another shot at one (she passed on several small bucks over the last few weeks), my oldest Son only hunted sparingly because of his school/sports schedule but managed to kill an 8 point, my youngest son killed a doe and his first buck-a really nice 8 point. And i even managed to run into a good 8 on the last day of the season.

Now its time to find another lease to replace the one that was lost and work to get ready for next year!
Posted By: Fldoghunter

Re: How was your season? - 02/12/20 12:52 PM

Mine was great. I killed 4 bucks and a doe. Killed 2 in front of the hounds, one nice 8 with a ML on Fl public land and a buck and a doe in yalls fine state. I also got to see my son kill his first buck in front of dogs and a nice 6 in Al on the youth weekend.
Posted By: Floridajew

Re: How was your season? - 02/12/20 01:45 PM

2 does and one small buck only one miss crazy bipolar weather for most part hindered me. But hey meat in freezer all that matters.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: How was your season? - 02/12/20 01:59 PM

Probably one of the worst seasons in my 30 + years of deer hunting as far as actually seeing numbers of deer. I think all total from the stand I saw 9 deer from bow season to the next to last day and that's with well over 50 days in the stand.
Managed. To kill a doe for the freezer.
I think the weather played a roll in some of it I got a suspicious idea on some of the other reasons I just ain't caught them yet
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: How was your season? - 02/12/20 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisAU
Shot a bull elk DIY on public land in CO, took my first ever whitetail with a bow, and limited out on bucks in AL. Full freezer. Fantastic season.

You win! Man, that's an incredible feat. Did you post up a story somewhere that I missed?
Posted By: Bcbama260

Re: How was your season? - 02/12/20 02:31 PM

Considering only been hunting a few years I’d say best season yet, mainly because My wife got her first racked buck but I killed my first mature 8 point to put on the wall also, filled the freezer and had a good time just being in the woods seeing deer and enjoying the quiet time. I don’t fish near as much as I did since the passing of my dad three years ago. Looking forward to next season and making some adjustments and improving as a hunter.
Posted By: ChrisAU

Re: How was your season? - 02/12/20 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by AU_trout_bum
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

You win! Man, that's an incredible feat. Did you post up a story somewhere that I missed?

Here's a post on the elk:

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthre...in=208219&Number=2930968#Post2930968
Posted By: dsayer

Re: How was your season? - 02/13/20 02:18 AM

I would have liked to get into the woods a few more times but otherwise hit all of my goals. Harvested a deer on public land and spent a decent amount of time getting acquainted with that property. Ready for turkey season!
Posted By: Dzhen

Re: How was your season? - 02/13/20 02:37 AM

for me it was not my best season but it was nice. i killed three deer. a bow kill doe, a six point and a nice 8 point. we had a few outstanding deer on camera but they all stayed alive except for a 13 point that our neighbors killed. I killed the biggest buck in my club now for 3 years running so that is exciting.
Posted By: olemossy

Re: How was your season? - 02/13/20 03:08 AM

It sucked
Posted By: bigt

Re: How was your season? - 02/13/20 03:11 AM

It was a good year. I killed two bucks. One in Illinois and one in Alabama.
Posted By: red neck richie

Re: How was your season? - 02/14/20 12:13 AM

Awesome! I have never had a bad season in my life. Nothing about spending time in creation is bad for me. I promise you If Im still able to hunt next year its gonna be awesome too. Its not all about the kill for me though. My measure of success is weather I had fun or not. I have always enjoyed it. I suppose when it stops being fun I will hang it up but I really dont see that happening.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: How was your season? - 02/14/20 12:17 AM

I had a really good season, wasn’t looking too promising at first but picked up amazingly. Unfortunately, the weather screwed up hunting the rut but it was still a really good season.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: How was your season? - 02/14/20 02:10 AM

Got the big one I wanted early then was able to relax and let guest shoot several I wanted gone.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: How was your season? - 02/14/20 03:41 AM

Was one of my best. Managed to get my 10 year old a mature buck and myself 3. Killed a few does and saw a lot of deer. Couldn’t have been better.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: How was your season? - 02/14/20 04:25 AM

I killed my biggest buck in November 2019 in Kentucky. Killed a good doe in Jan. 2020, but struggled big time on the bucks in Alabama. All in all though, it was a great season. I spent a lot of time outdoors enjoying God’s creation. Very thankful to the good Lord for another great season, and for Him sending the big one my way in Nov.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: beav521

Re: How was your season? - 02/14/20 12:55 PM

Not good , had back surgery 2 days before Thanksgiving so couldn't hunt for 6 weeks and then couldn't climb trees or get to active , went to Texas after Christmas (against doctors and wife's wishes) and shot Axis doe other than that saw plenty deer just 1 shooter which I couldn't get a shot on so not a good year.
Posted By: okfuski

Re: How was your season? - 02/14/20 03:15 PM

I did not kill a deer this year but overall it was great. Saw a lot of deer but just never saw the bigger ones we had pictures of. But my 7 year old son shot his first two deer ever and my 10 year old daughter got her another nice deer. Plus we had three of my daughters friends kill their first deer too. We had three other decent bucks killed by my buddies off our place also. So, even though I didnt kill anything it was a great year and we had a lot of fun.
Posted By: MC21

Re: How was your season? - 02/14/20 08:26 PM

Had a blast at camp as always. Sightings where down this year that kind of sucked. But I did kill my best buck to date this season. And my Dad killed his first buck. So I would say it was pretty good year.
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: How was your season? - 02/14/20 09:30 PM

My season..............
Pretty much ended when I fell on November 20th, first year I have not killed a deer in probably 25 years. I am too blessed to have not been paralyzed or crippled when I fell to think that killing a deer defines my season. God has been faithful throughout my recovery and I got to hunt twice after the accident, once in early January and once the last week. It gave me a new perspective and appreciation for just being able to go. We all hunt for different reasons, some hunt to kill deer, some hunt to kill big bucks, some hunt for the camp/camaraderie experience, some hunt for the joy of being outdoors. Lord willing, I'm sure I'll be back after em next fall, just not sure that I'll be doing it from 20 feet up!
Posted By: Ramblin99

Re: How was your season? - 02/16/20 03:59 AM

Had one of my better seasons. Tagged out on mature bucks and killed 5 does. Filled my freezer and was blessed to put a lot of meat in family member's freezers as well. One with crossbow, 3 with muzzleloader and 5 with rifle. Had great times at the camp with friends and family!
Posted By: Stickers

Re: How was your season? - 02/17/20 01:21 AM

Killed three 4 year old bucks, 5 does, 2 pigs. Good year.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM