Aldeer.com

Need a Conception Date

Posted By: Wade

Need a Conception Date - 01/27/20 02:01 PM

Matt Brock or other trained individual...Or any other Aldeer expert with the right equipment could help.

I killed a doe this weekend (Jan. 25) that had 25 mm fetuses. Please back calculate the conception date for me. Bibb County.

Thanks!
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Need a Conception Date - 01/27/20 03:08 PM

Between thanksgiving and Christmas would be my uneducated guess.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Need a Conception Date - 01/27/20 03:28 PM

Would have been bred Dec 11-12.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Need a Conception Date - 01/27/20 04:08 PM

Wade that title made me laugh. A conception date, would a practice conception date work as well, and what would your wife think ? grin Matt is a conception expert ! He has a house full of kids! rofl
Posted By: Wade

Re: Need a Conception Date - 01/27/20 06:17 PM

Thanks Matt. Matches up with what I was seeing on the ground too. Teenth week of December is always wide open buck daylight activity in that area.
Posted By: LetOff

Re: Need a Conception Date - 01/27/20 06:59 PM

Interesting, I was just at the processor this weekend and he said that they gutted a doe that morning that had a fetus. Deer don't rut in my parts till end of Jan but I guess I got a few whores runnin round.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Need a Conception Date - 01/27/20 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by LetOff
Interesting, I was just at the processor this weekend and he said that they gutted a doe that morning that had a fetus. Deer don't rut in my parts till end of Jan but I guess I got a few whores runnin round.

This is alabama, where we still have far too many does (almost everywhere) and the bucks are ready to breed anytime.
We still have those hunters who can't grasp the idea that fewer does means more defined rutting activity and more daylight buck sightings.
Posted By: mike35549

Re: Need a Conception Date - 01/27/20 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by LetOff

This is alabama, where we still have far too many does (almost everywhere) and the bucks are ready to breed anytime.
We still have those hunters who can't grasp the idea that fewer does means more defined rutting activity and more daylight buck sightings.

I am sure there are some places with to many does or just deer period. But I would argue most places don’t have to many does, they have to few bucks.
Posted By: MarkBAMA

Re: Need a Conception Date - 01/27/20 08:33 PM

Dead on for that area of Bibb Co
© 2024 ALDEER.COM