Aldeer.com

Trespassers

Posted By: Big AL 76

Trespassers - 01/25/20 08:39 PM

I hate azzholes so much... I had the poaching problem back in December..now the son and I decided to come hunt the lease since we have not been here in almost 2 weeks.. well someone took down the cable we had up with signs on it and road all through the roads and cut doughnuts in one of the fields.. looks to be a truck judging by the width and pattern.. I called and left the game warden a message..I did have one camera in the field they tore up and will check the card when I get home.. I am beyond pissed and this is why it’s hard to have your own lease for the family to enjoy 🤬
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 09:00 PM

It do suck.
Posted By: lances

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 09:15 PM

Why I don’t lease
Posted By: sanderson

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 09:15 PM

I’ve never figured a good legal way to stop it
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 09:16 PM

Owning property won't stop it either. Not exclusive to leases at all

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 09:23 PM

I reckon I’ll come back in the morning and hunt then take all the cameras and blinds down... I’m planning to wear some squirrels out before season goes out.. I got birds but don’t hunt them😀
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 09:28 PM

I’d keep the camera out but hide it real well and catch me some trespassers and nail their ass to the wall.

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck
I’d keep the camera out but hide it real well and catch me some trespassers and nail their ass to the wall.

I may do that tomorrow.. put a few out around the gates and roadway
Posted By: kb717

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 09:44 PM

Owning your own property doesn’t stop the problems either. We just had road poachers shoot towards our house last night at 4 am. I just happened to be outside letting my dog out when it happened. They killed a small yearling buck and just left it. They did the same thing last weekend. Calling the game thief hotline this morning resulted in nothing more than the dispatcher telling me it wasn’t the game wardens problem. Called the sheriff and they said it was a game warden problem. We’ve pretty much decided that we will be putting our place up for sale and moving to another state where hunting/property ethics are at least somewhat existent.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by kb717
Owning your own property doesn’t stop the problems either. We just had road poachers shoot towards our house last night at 4 am. I just happened to be outside letting my dog out when it happened. They killed a small yearling buck and just left it. They did the same thing last weekend. Calling the game thief hotline this morning resulted in nothing more than the dispatcher telling me it wasn’t the game wardens problem. Called the sheriff and they said it was a game warden problem. We’ve pretty much decided that we will be putting our place up for sale and moving to another state where hunting/property ethics are at least somewhat existent.

Fix it yourself don't move.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 10:13 PM

You catch them lock them up and sue them in small claims court for field damage
Posted By: hoggin

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 10:16 PM

Where do you think that would be? I’ve hunted every state and most countries and heard the same stories everywhere I’ve been

Many years ago we had a lot of trouble on a place we owned, started laying out in fields at night hunting Qbeams and they got hard to find after the first successful hunt.

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 10:22 PM

Thing is , you catch some one turn the screws on their a $$
Posted By: ford150man

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 10:30 PM

Crazy thing is, I guess, a poacher just HAS to do it. I’ve known poachers that had legal right to hunt really good land that would go poach mediocre land. Just never made any sense to me.
Posted By: centralala

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by ford150man
Crazy thing is, I guess, a poacher just HAS to do it. I’ve known poachers that had legal right to hunt really good land that would go poach mediocre land. Just never made any sense to me.

Since I come from a time when deer where everywhere and killing one was just a matter of shooting, I've seen it alot. It's not about hunting or killing a deer. It's a cat and mouse game between the guy and the GW.

From what I read in not sure why the Sheriff Dept wasn't called first. Yea, the GW could handle it but the Sheriff Dept has more manpower to patrol the area.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Trespassers - 01/25/20 11:24 PM

I don't know howinhell the dispatcher said shooting from the road at 4am and killing a deer was NOT a GWs problem, sounds like that is exactly what it is. Ride someones ass upstream till something gets done.

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by ford150man

That's just greed . I know guy like that . Saving their deer
Posted By: Clem

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
I don't know howinhell the dispatcher said shooting from the road at 4am and killing a deer was NOT a GWs problem, sounds like that is exactly what it is. Ride someones ass upstream till something gets done.

Exactly.

kb717, on Monday morning you need to be on the phone with the DCNR Law Enforcement office in Montgomery to let them know what happened and what you were told by the dispatcher.

Here's the number - (334) 242-3467

And if you think you can find a state where "ethics" means no one will shoot at a deer at night, you might want to consider China or Sweden. Ignorant azzhole poaching scum live in all 50 states.
Posted By: kb717

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Clem

Exactly.

kb717, on Monday morning you need to be on the phone with the DCNR Law Enforcement office in Montgomery to let them know what happened and what you were told by the dispatcher.

And if you think you can find a state where "ethics" means no one will shoot at a deer at night, you might want to consider China or Sweden. Ignorant azzhole poaching scum live in all 50 states.

Thanks for the telephone number. I have Warden Blair Sistrunk's direct number too so I'll give him a direct call to let him know what happened. Yeah I know its a pipedream to think that any of the states are any better. We've just had limit of issues for the two short years we have been here.

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Clem

Exactly.

Thanks for the telephone number. I have Warden Blair Sistrunk's direct number too so I'll give him a direct call to let him know what happened. Yeah I know its a pipedream to think that any of the states are any better. We've just had limit of issues for the two short years we have been here.

Go crocodile Dundee on their ass they won’t come back.
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 01:41 AM

Record the calls.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 01:55 AM

Plywood with nails and fishineline with treble hooks, a few cameras too.
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 02:25 AM

It can be better. Vigilance, Perseverance, electronic monitoring, and ALWAYS carry an AR15 with you anytime on the property. It has worked for us a great deal.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 03:51 AM

If you have cameras that don't work, put them out as decoys and use a climber to put another up a tree pointed at the broken camera.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 04:08 AM

So the way I read it they vandalized your property and trespassed. Unless there are indications of them hunting, which the donuts in the field would tend to support them not hunting but just being asses, it would be an Sheriff Dept. issue and not a GW issue.

Did I miss something?

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by jawbone
So the way I read it they vandalized your property and trespassed. Unless there are indications of them hunting, which the donuts in the field would tend to support them not hunting but just being asses, it would be an Sheriff Dept. issue and not a GW issue.

Did I miss something?

Two different scenarios in this thread.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck
Originally Posted by jawbone

Did I miss something?

Two different scenarios in this thread.

OK, I see it now.
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Trespassers - 01/26/20 03:08 PM

Have you thought about planting a screen from the road. A few feet of bamboo, or a couple rows of spice/fur trees and they can't see the field from the road. It may help to even plant Egyptian wheat that grows real tall in the summer and stays up. I agree to catch em and grind them in court, but make it as hard on em as you can.
Posted By: Cactus_buck

Re: Trespassers - 01/27/20 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by AUwrestler
Have you thought about planting a screen from the road. A few feet of bamboo, or a couple rows of spice/fur trees and they can't see the field from the road. It may help to even plant Egyptian wheat that grows real tall in the summer and stays up. I agree to catch em and grind them in court, but make it as hard on em as you can.

Good idea. EXCEPT the bamboo. If you plant it you will NEVER get rid of it and will take over everything
Posted By: Robert D.

Re: Trespassers - 01/27/20 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cactus_buck
Originally Posted by AUwrestler

Good idea. EXCEPT the bamboo. If you plant it you will NEVER get rid of it and will take over everything

Tropical Corn, Egyptian Wheat, or Sorghum Sudex planted thick enough might as well be a wall, visually.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM