Aldeer.com

Tracking spin off

Posted By: Frankie

Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 02:51 AM

I mean really ,,, how many of you would have a problem with a tracker crossing your land to find another guys deer.

I would not care a bit .
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 03:01 AM

Wouldn’t bother me as long as they let me know.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 03:03 AM

This
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Frankie
I mean really ,,, how many of you would have a problem with a tracker crossing your land to find another guys deer.

I would not care a bit .

I would not mind if the deer was dead. If they tracked a grazed deer that was likely not going to die I would not like them shooting it on someone elses land.
Posted By: Cuz-Pat

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 03:56 AM

As long as I am notified in advance I'm okay with it.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 04:19 AM

I wouldn't care if they called...not sure why people get so stingy, jealous and butt hurt about a deer...ill text my neighbor everytime I see a deer on him...
Posted By: Out back

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 12:06 PM

The neighbor tracking a bloodtrail is not a problem. When he brings up a stranger and a dog, we got a problem.
Posted By: Skullworks

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 12:28 PM

Hunters need to learn to shoot better. I never realized how many wounded deer there were until these facebook groups.

That being said. I wouldn't mind as long as they contacted me first.
Posted By: Fldoghunter

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 01:08 PM

I would want them to contact me. If they couldn't get ahold of me, I would want them to track on. If you and your neighbors hunt on smaller tracts of land, it will eventually happen, and the shoe will be on the other foot at some point.
Posted By: DGAMBLER

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
The neighbor tracking a bloodtrail is not a problem. When he brings up a stranger and a dog, we got a problem.

THIS
Posted By: Hoytdad10

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 02:22 PM

It happened to my Dad a couple weeks ago. Deer crossed the paved road 260 yards from where he was shot. Got denied permission to enter and recover the deer from the person leasing the land. I wouldn't have a problem with someone doing it the right way and asking permission, but not all people feel that way.
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 02:38 PM

I don’t care if they don’t let me know and I don’t care if they use a dog as long as they don’t mess anything up or steal anything. If they shot the deer there’s no reason for it to go to waste over some greedy landowner with little man syndrome denying them access to recover it.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 02:39 PM

I can't think of a better way to say it than like this: I probably wouldn't tell them no, but I wouldn't like it. If I had land, then I hunt it myself and just wouldn't be all that thrilled with a couple of strangers stomping it out looking for a deer that may or may not even be dead.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 02:46 PM

if he cant make a good enough shot that he has to track a deer across the property line he needs to either hunt further away or learn how to shoot im OK with someone crossing 50-100 yards but you aint stomping around my land looking for a bloodied up deer and I better know about it and be with you while you look
Posted By: HippieKiller

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 03:18 PM

I have no issue if they let me know. If it's where I can, I'll be glad to accompany them. The only stipulation for me would be it's gonna be a small party. Hunter + handler & dog at max. You ain't bringing 5 buddies to "hold the light, drink beer, and help you drag."
Posted By: getting old

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 03:32 PM

It's just a dang deer. What's the big deal ?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 03:40 PM

On one level, as a property owner I don't care ,wouldn't care or say anything about it unless I thought they were up to something. On the other hand I ain't got much use for folks who don't follow the rules whether they agree with them or not.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 03:58 PM

It’s all situational.

What’s a bigger crime? Crossing over the line 50 feet to retrieve a dead deer you can see, or going 55mph in a 45 zone? How about tracking one you know is stone cold dead across 75 yards, or going 80mph on the Insterstate?

Which of those are more law breaking? Which would you do? Which of those is life threatening?

We need perspective sometimes. But each situation is different IMO.
Posted By: Semo

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 04:16 PM

The leasing environment has screwed up everything. Too much money involved. If a neighbor shoots a deer and it comes on our place. Call and I'd give them a key to the gate. Otherwise just tracking and dragging one out they could tell me later. But I know who they are and if they let others hunt I try to meet them. It is best to know who has high powered rifles near you.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 04:23 PM

I would much rather 2 guys and a trained dog track over my property than a big crowd. I’d help them look. I love watching a dog work.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by foldemup
I would much rather 2 guys and a trained dog track over my property than a big crowd. I’d help them look. I love watching a dog work.

Truth.
Posted By: globe

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 04:40 PM

Well, I’m always thinking liability, but I guess I’m just a sucker when it comes to this. If I get a call no way I’d say no. You are putting yourself at risk (liability) letting people on your land without insurance and/or a waiver. Someone falls in a stump hole and breaks their leg, or ???
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by globe
Well, If I get a call no way I’d say no.

Did you mean to say "no"?
Posted By: DGAMBLER

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by globe
Well, I’m always thinking liability, but I guess I’m just a sucker when it comes to this. If I get a call no way I’d say no. You are putting yourself at risk (liability) letting people on your land without insurance and/or a waiver. Someone falls in a stump hole and breaks their leg, or ???

That's my argument too globe. Just because you are nice enough to let someone on your land to track or recover a deer, doesn't mean they won't suit the crap out of you when they fall and break a leg. People aren't near as genuine as they were 20 years ago.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 06:26 PM

I wouldn't care if someone tracked onto my land as long as they didn't care if I tracked one onto their land.

Best to get this straightened out before season with your neighbors.

We had neighbors in Greene Co that denied us crossing 40 yards of their place, then got mad when we locked em out of crossing 200 yards of us to get to a 40 they had. Same road. Fk em.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/23/20 07:15 PM

Our agreement with neighbors on 3 sides is: tracking across the line is perfectly fine as long as it is at least 30 min after black dark. If you need to track one in the morning or daylight hours, call and get permission. We all know each other and have each other's cell numbers. Reasons for the daylight call requirement are safety, and consideration for the hunters that may be in the woods hunting on the property you're about to trail onto (with permission of course). Now my neighbor to the north is a different story and a total ass. Known to shoot across property lines, trespass, poach and hunted exclusively over corn long before it was even remotely legal. He knows if any of us catch him on our properties for any reason, GW and sheriff are going to be called out. I've still got 2 of his climbers, a ladder stand, and a corn feeder at my camp right now that he somehow managed to hang on trees 50-75 yards over on my side of the clearly marked and posted property lines. Left notes pinned to the trees and one on his truck letting him know where they were if he wanted them back. No call, no show. That was 3 years ago.
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/24/20 03:39 AM

Lol y’all take this crap way to serious. When most of y’all are just leasing the property and can’t give or deny permission much less press charges. It’s a whole lot easier getting along with your neighbors than feuding with them over a blood trail.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: Tracking spin off - 01/24/20 03:51 AM

Since I don't own the land I hunt on I have no legal standing in the matter as most of us on Aldeer don't. Lease holders have no legal say so on who can go on the land and who can't. If you want standing you had better get a letter from the landowner making you a caretaker of the property.
Having said that, I would be willing to help a neighbor track a deer as long as it wasn't interrupting or disturbing someone hunting.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM