Aldeer.com

Scrapes question

Posted By: MetalMama

Scrapes question - 01/18/20 09:05 PM

I was walking in this evening and noticed every scrape I passed had what appeared to be doe tracks in them. Is there any significance to this or did this deer just follow the same path as this buck?
Posted By: 1bamashooter

Re: Scrapes question - 01/18/20 10:12 PM

Community scrape he/she left their calling card in it. Put a camera on it
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Scrapes question - 01/18/20 10:25 PM

Ive put cameras on several, two this year. What ive found is that several days can go by and no deer will visit them, then in one night you might have five bucks all work it. Not a good place to hunt in my opinion. Bucks could be traveling nearby and winding them, I cant speak to that end. My son and I just had cameras on two different fresh scrapes for several days, it rained twice. We had pics of three does passing over one, only one deer peeing in it, the other scrape no pictures at all.
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: Scrapes question - 01/18/20 10:35 PM

I found one last week at the house that was prolly made the night before and I went by it yesterday to see if it had been anymore and it ain't been touched since it was made
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Scrapes question - 01/18/20 10:42 PM

Pour some Code Blue Grave Digger Scrape mate in there, rake it in with a steel rake, then piss all over it. Don’t touch the licking limbs. I usually make mock scrapes and Grave Digger gets a dramatic response for me in several states. I killed two nice bucks this year at 5 and 17 yards that were heading straight for it.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Scrapes question - 01/19/20 12:00 AM

a buck doesn't only scrape one area. it's probably due a hot doe peeing in one of his others and he is bulldoging her. They don't have to walk up to a scrape,. They often wind check them. If you really want to see him, if it's a fresh scrape and itr rains. Be there before the rain stops. I promise he will freshen it. Waiting till the rain stopped cost me a shot at a wallhanger. I got there 20 mins after the rain and he had already freshened it.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Scrapes question - 01/19/20 01:19 PM

Yah.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM