Aldeer.com

Chilton County Rut

Posted By: HunterCoach

Chilton County Rut - 01/13/20 07:31 PM

Will be hunting this weekend and live in South Carolina. Just wondering what the rut is looking like there? Thanks for any help.
Posted By: ALclearcut

Re: Chilton County Rut - 01/13/20 07:33 PM

I used to hunt the Southeast corner of Chilton and I always saw chasing around mid to late January so you should be there at a good time.

Re: Chilton County Rut - 01/13/20 07:38 PM

Thanks so much.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Chilton County Rut - 01/13/20 07:49 PM

I’m just south of the county line. It’s heating up. Daughter killed a deer 3 days ago and it was a stanky son of a gun. Tarsals full up dripping! 2 more deer killed that afternoon behind my place. Said they were chasing all over a pasture.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Chilton County Rut - 01/13/20 07:51 PM

For now, and possibly through the weekend, our weather is terrible. Hot, humid, rain, and south to east winds. That kind of weather pattern shuts down deer movement. It's prime time for rutting activity but you won't see any evidence (in the daylight) until we get colder temps and north to west winds.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Chilton County Rut - 01/13/20 08:00 PM

It’s dwindling down in most of chilton now. Christmas through January 10 is prime for most of the county but it all depends on what part of the county you’re gonna be hunting.
Posted By: Cooperjohn

Re: Chilton County Rut - 01/13/20 09:12 PM

I hunt the south part of Chilton clanton
Area. Just getting started, getting pics of
Bucks last week in daylight. I hunt Coosa county
More rut wide open there. So Chilton should
Break loose any day now. Good luck to you.
Posted By: Cleckler

Re: Chilton County Rut - 01/14/20 04:19 AM

I hunt about 4 miles behind Peach Park. Had a nice buck on camera Sunday morning at 9:30 in a plot. This weekend should be on fire with the rain stopping and a 20-25 degree drop in Temp.

Re: Chilton County Rut - 01/14/20 07:22 PM

I am gonna be hunting below Stanton. Right near Dallas County Line. Thanks for everyones help.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Chilton County Rut - 01/14/20 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by HunterCoach
I am gonna be hunting below Stanton. Right near Dallas County Line. Thanks for everyones help.

In the National forest?

Re: Chilton County Rut - 01/19/20 01:22 PM

Near about. Went yesterday saw does. In stand this morning and nothing but wind so far.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM