Aldeer.com

Decoy

Posted By: 700ltr308

Decoy - 01/10/20 12:55 AM

Anyone ever used a buck decoy with success in Alabama?
Posted By: Out back

Re: Decoy - 01/10/20 12:59 AM

I'd be real careful where I toted it.
I know a retired game warden who almost got shot while setting up "Bucky" the mechanical decoy.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Decoy - 01/10/20 01:00 AM

Don't waste you're time. I used one several years with no results./ They work great in the mid West. It's a pain toting one with everything else and dangerous. I bought a huge duck decoy bag to keep mine in.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Decoy - 01/10/20 01:07 AM

I've used em, they run off more bucks than they attract....an I was always nervous when toting one.
Posted By: tpageal

Re: Decoy - 01/11/20 06:03 AM

I set one up in Pickens Co ~8yrs ago. Does started to pile into the field as usual right before dark and everyone of them chit a brick. Ran in every direction and blew for 30min
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Decoy - 01/11/20 12:39 PM

I have one and have used it several time but no success
That thing wasn't cheap either
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: Decoy - 01/11/20 12:56 PM

I used one the first year I hunted in Missouri because the tv said they work. Well after about 2 hrs and every deer that stepped out blew and ran plum out of pike county, that decoy got thrown in the long grass and as far as I know it’s still there.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Decoy - 01/11/20 02:52 PM

I've never considered a buck decoy, but have always wanted a doe decoy.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Decoy - 01/11/20 03:19 PM

I use a doe decoy in a clear-cut that I hunt sometimes. The sage and brush is right at they height where if a deer has their head down you can't hardly see them. If they notice the decoy they will pick their heads up and flick their ears around and make themselves easy to identify.
Posted By: globe

Re: Decoy - 01/11/20 07:15 PM

Only thing a decoy has done for me was stop deer long enough for me to get a shot. They scare the mess out of deer imo. I’ve has deer cross a gas line, see the decoy and turn around and walk back across looking. So I suppose they slow them down some.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM