Aldeer.com

Bushy creek outfitters indiana

Posted By: 243Win

Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 12/30/19 10:16 PM

Anyone ever been here? My wife let the cat out of the bag that she was paying for me to go in nov. after reading what few reviews I could find on the web I told her not to send the deposit. Before I completely back out can any of y’all actually recommend this place or have any experiences you could share with me. Thanks
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 12/31/19 04:08 AM

Bad reviews speak volumes.

No reviews are much better than bad ones.

Also, Indiana wouldn’t be my first choice for a Midwest hunt.

That being said, I’ve not heard anything good about them.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 12/31/19 04:12 AM

I would listen to BGH. That's an awful nice gift from your wife, but you may be better suited to choose the destination
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 12/31/19 04:45 PM

How are u gonna feel if u go and have a bad time knowing those reviews told you so. Dont do it.
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 12/31/19 05:55 PM

Lots of great places in Texas. Go there. Midwest is full of crooks.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 12/31/19 06:32 PM

So is Texas.....
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 12/31/19 09:41 PM

Bud I live in Indiana and have never heard of them
Posted By: Out back

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 12/31/19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Big Bore
Lots of great places in Texas. Go there. Midwest is full of crooks.

Texas?!?!?!? Schit!!!! You'd have to PAY ME to hunt in Texas!
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 01/01/20 02:26 AM

I have really enjoyed hunting Texas the handful of times I have.
Posted By: Stickers

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 01/01/20 08:13 PM

Website not encouraging... most recent pics seem to be from 2016....
Kansas.Texas.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 01/01/20 09:40 PM

Franklin County Health Department meeting Jan. 2018

Another septic concern was addressed by Meier, this stemming from a complaint visit to Bushy Creek Outfitters. The business, located off Bushy Road just east of Yellow Bank Road, offers hunting expeditions at various properties around the county; the cost includes lodging and meals for stays that can exceed one week.

“Our only dog in this fight, so to speak, is that he’s serving food in an unapproved kitchen and basically running a hotel on residential septic,” said Meier, following a site visit with fellow sanitarian David Fehlinger and Cindy Orschell, the county’s Area Plan Commission executive director.

“We’ve sent them a letter, urging a written response to the state,” added Meier. “So far, we haven’t heard anything and Cindy’s not heard anything (re: zoning). I don’t know how I need to work with (Bushy Creek) on getting it stopped. Right now, there are no septic permits or permit to sell food to the general public.”

Fehlinger added, “If they serve anything besides breakfast, it’s considered a restaurant or retail food establishment. They could quit offering food but they’re still way over capacity on septic and would have to pay for permits to redo the whole thing.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Franklin County Health Department meeting October 2018

Bushy Creek Whitetail Outfitters offers archery, firearms and muzzleloader hunts at 11101 Bushy Road, Metamora, in between U.S. 52 and State Road 1. Sanitarian David Fehlinger received a complaint because owner Jerry Eversole "was housing and feeding all these people and he wasn't a bed-and-breakfast and he wasn't a hotel. He doesn't have proper septic to accept all that sewage."

Fehlinger reported Eversole built eight bedrooms along his home's edge with a bathroom for every two. The sanitarian said the owner must comply with ISDH Sanitary Division septic rules and improve the kitchen for breakfast only. "He can't serve lunch or dinner."

Nevertheless, Fehlinger said Eversole wanted to withdraw from the agreement with FCHD that he would not use his personal kitchen to feed people and he would not house persons in his home overnight.

Attorney Gene Stewart, who advises the department, said because the owner is not in compliance, "we initiated civil action. He agreed to take the necessary steps. He hasn't. We filed a citation for him coming into court for the purpose of shutting him down."

A Franklin Circuit Court hearing is set for Nov. 1. "Our position is if he needs more time, we'll give him more time" to bring the business into compliance. The attorney said he can't house and feed hunters until that occurs. Fehlinger added, "He can still have the hunts, but they can't stay there and eat there."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Franklin County Health Department meeting Feb 2019

Board President Patsy Weileman, Brookville, asked about Bushy Creek Outfitters, which has been on the department's radar since last year.

The business offers archery, firearms and muzzleloader hunts at 11101 Bushy Road, Metamora, in between U.S. 52 and State Road 1. Fehlinger received a complaint because owner Jerry Eversole "was housing and feeding all these people and he wasn't a bed-and-breakfast and he wasn't a hotel. He doesn't have proper septic to accept all that sewage," he noted at the third quarter board meeting.

During a Nov. 1 Franklin Circuit Court hearing on a civil lawsuit, Fehlinger and county attorney Gene Stewart talked to Oversole and his attorney, Jud McMillin. "We signed the paperwork the day after deer season" was over. ... "There's been a letter (stating he would not use his personal kitchen to feed people and he would not house persons in his home overnight) and supposedly they're abiding by it."
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 01/01/20 10:07 PM

Think that says it all
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Bushy creek outfitters indiana - 01/01/20 10:44 PM

Someone got jealous.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM