Aldeer.com

Who Uses Evercalm Hunting

Posted By: Highlander

Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 07:54 PM

I was wondering who uses EverCalm while hunting? I like to rub it on the bottom and sides of my boots going to setup and put some out too. What's your scent tactics while hunting?
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 08:01 PM

I ATTEMPT to hunt the wind and thermals. Bathe in scent free soap/ shampoo. That’s about it.
Posted By: DGAMBLER

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 08:05 PM

apple corn
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 08:06 PM

I think it might be credible (not a gimmick), but golly ghee that stuff's expensive. I'm just too cheap to buy it.
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 08:18 PM

Its very expensive cant contest if it works. Have used it before tho
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 08:20 PM

Catman puts it on sammiches
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 08:33 PM

I rub some on the sides of my boots. I seriously doubt I will buy it again.
Posted By: Skullworks

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 08:59 PM

I remember that there used to be a product called Airborne 101. It was a little bag full of powder that you would tap to release a dusting of something that was supposed to make deer calm/attract them.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 09:04 PM

I definitely know it’ll get their attention whether it be in a good way or bad I haven’t figured out

Did someone just say “Golly ghee”. rofl
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 09:21 PM

I buy the Harmon's brand, which is essentially evercalm.. I also bought Harmon's triple heat stick and had a big buck run up the road into the plot with his nose to the ground following the scent trail. He took a dirt nap as he ran into the plot looking for the hot doe..
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 09:23 PM

It smells like a goat pen
Posted By: James

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 10:33 PM

Yeah it's expensive at it's not even a full stick of that chit in the tube.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Coosa1
It smells like a goat pen

Yep.....I thought a horse barn
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 11:06 PM

It’s good at removing money from people’s wallets.
Posted By: Festus

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/11/19 11:44 PM

Put Ye a Leattle Uncle Josh's Twat Juice on Yer Boots and Youse good fer the Day.....
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 12:06 AM

Yall remember deer dust ?
Posted By: hallb

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Festus
Put Ye a Leattle Uncle Josh's Twat Juice on Yer Boots and Youse good fer the Day.....

You sure that ain't your aunt you're talking about?
Posted By: red neck richie

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 12:53 AM

Wont fall for the gimmick. Buck bomb was the last one I fell for! Learned my lesson! Again! Rely on natural sign, corn, and trail cams.
Posted By: BuckRidge17

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by lectrode
Yall remember deer dust ?

Yeah. Somebody gave me a jar a while back. As a matter of fact I think I still have it
Posted By: Turkeyboy

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 02:54 AM

Find a wax myrtle bush, crush the leaves and rub it on your clothes and put the leaves in your pocket. This is if course after doing all the other things to get yourself as scent neutral as possible.
Posted By: Spec

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 03:37 AM

Dead Down Wind and Ever Calm are the 2 best ways of scaring every deer within a mile of you. Had more deer blow at me using these 2 products than using nothing at all.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 03:44 AM

Ive used it. Cant say if it works or not. Didnt see any effects at all.
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 04:11 AM

Pine needles in se Bama...
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 05:37 AM

Smoke, wood not cigarette, is probably one of the best cover scents. It’s natural and it’s strong. Smoke up your hunting clothes over a campfire and you’re good to go.
Posted By: James

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by deadeye48
I definitely know it’ll get their attention whether it be in a good way or bad I haven’t figured out

Did someone just say “Golly ghee”. rofl

Yeah i said Golly Gee Willikers to myself when i read that 😆😆😆
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 01:01 PM

Wind hunt the wind. I never use any scent, but I refuse to hunt a bad pr marginal wind and hate days with lite and variable winds. I cant remember the last time a deer spooked due to my scent
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 01:09 PM

Evercalm and coon urine has proven to be very effective over the years for me. If I could only use one of them, it would be the coon urine.
Posted By: Skullworks

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 01:18 PM

For cover scent all I've ever used is smoke, dirt smell, cedar or pine. For attractant all I have used that I have seen bucks respond to is James Valley scents.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 03:32 PM

Nose jammer seems to work as a cover scent but mostly I just go hunt. I cant remember the last time a deer blew at me on public land and you might as well ignore the wind in these hills
Posted By: DMC

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by 3toe
Smoke, wood not cigarette, is probably one of the best cover scents. It’s natural and it’s strong. Smoke up your hunting clothes over a campfire and you’re good to go.

This is exactly what i was going to say. I started doing this several years ago after years of storing clothes in a box and bathing before every hunt and all of that crap and now i rarely have deer smell me. It was a complete game changer, i used to stay so frustrated going through all of that effort and still having deer blowing almost every hunt. Just smoke the heck out of you and your clothes and try to hunt the wind.
Posted By: BIG-AL

Re: Who Uses Evercalm Hunting - 12/12/19 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

I ATTEMPT to hunt the wind and thermals. Bathe in scent free soap/ shampoo. That’s about it.

X2
© 2024 ALDEER.COM