Aldeer.com

Bankhead / Black Warrior

Posted By: Chad T

Bankhead / Black Warrior - 12/11/19 04:16 AM

Is there a difference?
As in Bankhead National Forest & Black Warrior WMA? I have read in some areas you can hunt hunt Bankhead during the regular Alabama gun season also, I’ve read, Black warrior is the WMA & it’s set up on scheduled “Hunts” as I have seen on the PDF online map, so that is clear. But what isn’t is the difference ( if any ) in hunting Bankhead anytime you want during the season.

Can someone clarify this ?

TIA for saving me a ticket 🎫
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Bankhead / Black Warrior - 12/11/19 04:51 AM

I’m pretty sure the national forest follows standard state laws on when and where and what to use unless specifically noted. All wma’s have specific dates typically for gun hunting. So in other words there are certain dates you can gun hunt the wma but the national forest is good to go based on Alabama gun season. Bankhead and black warrior are not one in the same.
Posted By: grundan

Re: Bankhead / Black Warrior - 12/11/19 11:09 AM

Black Warrior (wma) is inside the boundaries of Bankhead NF. BW has rules and hunt dates according to the pdf map you looked at. State rules and regulations apply to BNF. You can get a BNF map at the Ranger station on the south end of 33, or the gas station/Indian store on the north end.Hope that helps.
Posted By: BamaJEB

Re: Bankhead / Black Warrior - 12/11/19 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by grundan
Black Warrior (wma) is inside the boundaries of Bankhead NF. BW has rules and hunt dates according to the pdf map you looked at. State rules and regulations apply to BNF. You can get a BNF map at the Ranger station on the south end of 33, or the gas station/Indian store on the north end.Hope that helps.

And inside Black Warrior WMA is the Sipsey Wilderness; three concentric boundaries (NF -> WMA -> SW) with seemingly more restrictive hunting regulations the deeper in to the woods we go.
Posted By: Chad T

Re: Bankhead / Black Warrior - 12/11/19 03:11 PM

Completely makes sense now... that you guys for breaking it down.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Bankhead / Black Warrior - 12/11/19 04:25 PM

Glad you posted this question, I had the exact same question a couple days ago but never got around to posting it here. Clears it up for me too.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM