Aldeer.com

Great Opening week!!

Posted By: slayinbucks24/7

Great Opening week!! - 12/02/19 01:36 PM

Was blessed enough to head up to camp with the family for the gun opener. Having already shot a buck with my bow,my goal was to get one for the wife and fill the freezer with some does and pigs. Was able to accomplish all of that, and even catch a few bass in the local pond by camp in the spare time. My wifes family brought their RV up,and stayed at lakepoint,so we did Thanksgiving there at the lodge after the morning hunt. We saw a ton of deer throughout the week,and I was able to catch up with a buck I let walk last year as an 8,at the exact same spot I filmed him last year. He looks to have added quite a bit of mass and an extra point; hes a 9 this yr. I still think he needs just one more year,so I gave him another pass. Managed to prop my phone up and film one of the doe shots as well. The 308 put her down quickly at 140 yards. The wifes buck was a solid 8 with almost 17" spread,and each main beam was 20" on the nose. I was very proud of her. She had our oldest daughter and her niece with her in the shooting house,so that was really cool. My dad also was able to shoot a pretty decent 8 this week too. All in all,it was a great trip. Thank you Lord!!

Heres the buck vid from last yr in the same spot I saw him this year:

And this year as a 9 point:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wifes buck:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dads buck:
[Linked Image]

Pig I shot. I went to climb into my stand,and heard them fire up in the bottom behind me,so i decided to put a stalk on them,as the wind was perfect for it. Shot him between the eyes,freehanded at 80 yards.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Other pics and doe shot video:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/02/19 01:41 PM

That’s a great place y’all have and congrats!!
Posted By: Skullworks

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/02/19 01:48 PM

Nice! Congrats!
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/02/19 02:10 PM

thumbup
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/03/19 03:10 AM

Well done sir!!! thumbup thumbup
Posted By: Auburn_03

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/03/19 03:26 AM

That 9point should be something special next year.
Posted By: CAL

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/03/19 05:27 AM

Cherish these times. Great job dad!
Posted By: sj22

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/03/19 10:07 AM

Congrats
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/03/19 10:58 AM

Awesome trip congrats!!

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/03/19 11:02 AM

Thanks guys!!

You guys think that 9 point is 3 this year?
Heres some pics of him showing the side profile standing in the same exact spot on the same field as last year

Last year:
[Linked Image]

This year:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dsayer

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/03/19 11:18 AM

Looks like a heck of a good week!
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/03/19 12:10 PM

How far was that doe? She looks tiny out there maybe it's just the phone but she looks 400 yards off. Congrats on a great trip! Nice buck your wife killed and the 9 pt looks ar least 3 maybe 4.

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/03/19 12:19 PM

Doe was at 140 yards. She was 100lb,so decent size. I didnt really zoom in at all since I was fumbling around trying to prop it up
Posted By: jb20

Re: Great Opening week!! - 12/03/19 12:58 PM

I'd shot the 9 but I'll shoot a 3+ deer...i think it's 4 tho
Congrats on the kills tho
© 2024 ALDEER.COM