Aldeer.com

National forest

Posted By: emajors

National forest - 11/15/19 02:35 AM

Has anyone hunted the national forest in dallas county and did you have any experience you can share
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 12:56 PM

What’s the forest called?
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 02:28 PM

There are various tracts of land throughout the state and not all of it is Federal Land that is considered "National Forest". Most of the National Forest I've ever hunted has been in Perry County.

I think there is a small part of the Talladega National Forest that extends into Dallas county, but I have been there and the woods are not very pretty. There might be deer there, but the woods were nothing that you would enjoy hunting in. Hence the reason I've only hunted the part of the Forest in Perry county.
Posted By: Out back

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by emajors
Has anyone hunted the national forest in dallas county and did you have any experience you can share

In my experience you should not wait until deer season to look for hunting land.
The national forest is open 24/7/365 and available for scouting anytime.
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Out back

In my experience you should not wait until deer season to look for hunting land.
The national forest is open 24/7/365 and available for scouting anytime.

I don’t think think this feller is looking for land to hunt. Sounds like he just wants to hear a story or two. What have you experienced in hunting National Forests in Dallas county.

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 05:26 PM

Yes I want to hunt but I do know in certain places you leave your vehicle and come back your. Vehicle is damaged. That's why I asked I just enjoy hunting

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 05:37 PM

Thanks I'm like you I like sitting in pretty woods whether I see anything or not
Posted By: Out back

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 05:42 PM

Ya'll are missing the point.
Anyone hunting public land isn't likely to share any information on a public forum, unless they are completely brain dead.
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 05:46 PM

Thanks I'm like you I like sitting in pretty woods whether I see anything or not

I have been hunting the national forest in perry county my entire life, and I have not had very much success. Recently I have moved on to better hunting grounds on other public lands throughout the state, but I go back and hunt that stretch of forest my dad and grandfather used to take me to when I was a kid simply for old time's sake. MY advice when it comes to hunting the forest or any other public land is hunt where no one else would think to hunt. That is very generic information but it's virtually the most common (and sometimes only) advice you'll receive from any seasoned public land hunter.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 07:13 PM

Anyone hunting public land isn't likely to share any information on a public forum, unless they are completely brain dead.

Yup.

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 08:25 PM

Thanks for the imput

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 08:26 PM

Good answer
Posted By: flounderpounder

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 08:27 PM

Get off of the guys thread!!!! No need to be a douche.
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 08:36 PM

Not really familiar with that area much that being said sometimes the best thing is not to do much walking pick a spot and hunt. There are a few good spots I am sure some nice land-locked areas we as the public pay for and don't have access too. Lot of land and only a few deer just don't expect it to be like a club that uses bait. If getting into nature is your thing have fun!

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 09:32 PM

Thanks
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: National forest - 11/15/19 11:29 PM

Hunt the thickest stuff you can find if you want to actually see deer

Re: National forest - 11/16/19 03:54 AM

Thanks
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: National forest - 11/16/19 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Forrestgump1
Hunt the thickest stuff you can find if you want to actually see deer

Yupp
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: National forest - 11/16/19 01:33 PM

Never had any issues there with folks messing with my vehicle.
Posted By: tbbo71

Re: National forest - 11/19/19 10:43 PM

ive hunted right above where you are talking about for years. killed a bunch right next to the truck and a few several miles from the truck. Shouldnt have a problem seeing deer, but ive definitely seen bigger bucks in THICK places. Cane breaks, swamps, small pines, evergreens or privet. Hunt the tops of the hills in the mornings and in the bottoms in the afternoons.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: National forest - 11/19/19 10:51 PM

If you're hunting National Forest that is NOT within WMA boundaries, do you have to have any special license or go to some check-in station first like you do on WMA's, or can you just show up to your spot and hunt?
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: National forest - 11/19/19 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

If you're hunting National Forest that is NOT within WMA boundaries, do you have to have any special license or go to some check-in station first like you do on WMA's, or can you just show up to your spot and hunt?

Let er rip tater chip you don't have to check in on oakmulgee either
© 2024 ALDEER.COM