Aldeer.com

Euro Mount

Posted By: ego6baller

Euro Mount - 11/13/19 01:43 PM

Does anyone have know of a good place to get a euro mount done near Huntsville?
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Euro Mount - 11/14/19 03:34 AM

Do it yourself bud. Search skull mount or euro mount. Don't use bleach though. Go to Sally beauty supply and tell the woman there that you want the 40 developer. You can get the creme and paint it on the skull or the liquid and soak it. PM either me or skullworks and we can tell you in detail how to do it.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Euro Mount - 11/14/19 01:15 PM

I'm lucky. My processor and taxidermist is 2 miles down the road. He does Euro mounts for $40. I'm not fooling with doing it myself, when he'll do it for $40. Looks good too.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Euro Mount - 11/14/19 01:29 PM

Look at Brothers Processing in Cullman
Posted By: Chris4x4Gill2

Re: Euro Mount - 11/14/19 01:42 PM

David Hereford in New Market does a good job. he uses beetles. I think he charged $60 last year
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Euro Mount - 11/14/19 05:49 PM

As others have said, it's not difficult to do yourself. Be careful, though not to "boil" it but rather "simmer". I did a small buck last year just as a practice run, boiled it in water with some dawn detergent. Had the water going at a good rolling boil. It worked, but the plates on top of the nose separated quite a bit. I'm told that's from boiling it too hot.

With that said, if you find someone nearby that will do it for $50-75, I'd probably just pay them to do it. Above $75, I'd probably do it myself.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Euro Mount - 11/14/19 06:03 PM

i've done several myself & it's not that hard; there are a lot of YouTube videos on it ... the main thing about the boil is to get as much meat/junk off the skull as you can, and to periodically pull the skull out & scrape/cut stuff off it & continue the simmer (as Gomer says above) ... it helps to knock the ear sockets out so the boil can get the brain matter out easier ... but once you have all the meat off the skull, it's off to the races then ...

[Linked Image]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM