Aldeer.com

what is your favorite ground blind setup.?

Posted By: redhedder

what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/22/19 05:42 PM

I enjoy hunting out of ground blinds now, whether natural, pop up or other. For those of you who also hunt out of blinds, what is your favorite setup and give some tips to make ours better. I am also interested if any of you use popup blinds in the hardwoods, if so share some tips on that too. thanks for your input.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/22/19 05:46 PM

Brush them in and never velcro or zipper windows
Posted By: bama1971

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/22/19 05:48 PM

we have been incorporating a blue moving blanket from Harbor Freight as floor. adds to quiet, and warmth.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/22/19 06:06 PM

I also forgot to add. Before you put up your blind, rake all the leaves, twigs and stuff from under and slight around the blind. Never open the windows behind you (duh). Wearing camo clothes inside a black blind is also something I would recommend against doing. I keep a 3x black long sleeve shirt in my tote. I can put that on over my jacket if I decide to blind hunt.
Posted By: UncleHuck

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/22/19 09:17 PM

Put them up early (on private property) and leave them up the entire season. Lets the deer get used to the blind and they just ignore it.
Posted By: jb20

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/22/19 10:02 PM

I just use natural stuff...just enough to break up my outline incorporated with a tree in between me and hopeful deer
Posted By: MC21

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/22/19 10:38 PM

I don’t hunt out of ground blinds often, but whence do we either put them out early or brush them in.raking the ground off where you plan to put it is a must. I usually just use a cheap camping chair with a cushion and a shooting stick.

I never wear Camo in a blind usually wear black. I also like taking a buddy heater and a thermos of coffee on those really cold days.
Posted By: Turkeyboy

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/23/19 09:05 PM

1/3 acre plot surrounded by sage and young pines. SW edge, extra seed and fertilizer in the red zone, 5 yard shots through netting not uncommon.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/24/19 01:58 AM

Bow hunted out of a ground blind this afternoon for my first time. Hated it. I like being able to see 360°
Posted By: doekiller

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/24/19 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10
Bow hunted out of a ground blind this afternoon for my first time. Hated it. I like being able to see 360°

Get you one of those new primos 360 blinds.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/24/19 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by doekiller
Originally Posted by jlbuc10

Get you one of those new primos 360 blinds.

Primos is very proud of those blinds.
Posted By: redhedder

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/24/19 01:55 PM

Thanks so much for your replies. I have really started using them more in the last 10 years. I really like being able to move some and also helping with scent a little. It's hard to beat a tree stand, but having deer come in at 10-20 yards when it's right and be that close in their own bedroom is pretty exciting too. This year I am experimenting with a couple of small wooden pallets camo covered and screwed into a tree and using my turkey lounger on a logging road little plot. I will see how that goes. I enjoy all your help.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/24/19 10:46 PM

In a chair behind some bushes. Love it.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/25/19 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by bama1971
we have been incorporating a blue moving blanket from Harbor Freight as floor. adds to quiet, and warmth.

I put a bale of pine straw in mine. Soaks up the wet ground and keeps mud to a minimal plus it’s good cover scent.
Posted By: USMC4910

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/25/19 01:20 AM

Any of y’all had any luck using ground blinds on public land. I’ve tried before, but you really can’t leave them out long enough for the deer to get use to them. Any secrets? Every time I have used one it was like it had neon signs on it saying here I am.
Posted By: MC21

Re: what is your favorite ground blind setup.? - 10/25/19 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by leroycnbucks
Originally Posted by bama1971

I put a bale of pine straw in mine. Soaks up the wet ground and keeps mud to a minimal plus it’s good cover scent.

Aid be worried about snakes with pine straw
© 2024 ALDEER.COM