Aldeer.com

Two deer in three days...what a blessing.

Posted By: Honolua

Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 06:49 AM

So far two down. Got one yesterday afternoon at 4:45pm and the other this morning out of the same stand. How is everyone doing out in the woods?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: CeeHawk37

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 11:11 AM

That’s getting it done! Congrats!

I put two in the freezer with the rifle last weekend here in SC. Time to start hunting for antlers.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 11:23 AM

Nice
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 12:16 PM

Damned ole coyote trying to eat your deer.
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 12:19 PM

Congrats on a fine start.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 01:32 PM

what a start to the season
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 01:34 PM

you shooting nursing does?
Posted By: timbercruiser

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 02:46 PM

yep, sounds like it
Posted By: Morris

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 03:37 PM

Nice
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred

Actually killed 4-6 deer in three days huh?
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 05:18 PM

First thing I thought as well... 2 for 4 deal
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 05:54 PM

If the doe doesn't have a fawn with her, i'll shoot her in a minute. If they don't want you shooting doe's this early, well then they need to stipulate no doe's until such and such date. Easy to see nipples on a dead doe, pretty hard to see on one walking around. We shoot our doe deer during bow season and rarely shoot one after that.
Posted By: bama1971

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by blumsden
If the doe doesn't have a fawn with her, i'll shoot her in a minute. If they don't want you shooting doe's this early, well then they need to stipulate no doe's until such and such date. Easy to see nipples on a dead doe, pretty hard to see on one walking around. We shoot our doe deer during bow season and rarely shoot one after that.

they do in the south zone.... 10 days.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 06:00 PM

Not up here.
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 06:22 PM

The fawns I'm seeing in the south zone are extremely small and brightly speckled with spots.
Posted By: Alagator

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by swamp_fever2002
Damned ole coyote trying to eat your deer.

I shot a nice Bullock buck one morning, and before I could climb down a black dog started sniffing around my deer. I put the binocs on it and it had no collar, but it did have a small white blaze on its chest. When it darted in and tried for a bite, I yelled it off. Didn't want to shoot a neighbor's dog. On the way out I saw the neighbor's dog--wearing a bright orange collar. Two days later I saw the collarless black bastige leading a pack of normal colored coyotes.
Posted By: Claims Rep.

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 06:44 PM

Great start to your season. thumbup
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 08:01 PM

My wife has a black German sheppard that looks just like yours. Pretty dog, but I hate it. It's not very protective of her and he took a diarrhea dump on my weed eater lying on the floor of my basement the other day.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 08:27 PM

Way to go

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
yep, sounds like it

Relax, it's not like I said I shot them with a cross bow, or I hate Mathews or Rage.

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by kodiak06

I need your number. Next time I have some deer come in to my stand and make a very educated decision about how I manage the herd on my own land, I will call you to make sure I get your approval.

I manage deer ethically and with conservation of the future herd in mind. I let way more deer walk than I take.

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nightwatchman
My wife has a black German sheppard that looks just like yours. Pretty dog, but I hate it. It's not very protective of her and he took a diarrhea dump on my weed eater lying on the floor of my basement the other day.

We couldn't be happier with ours. He is amazing and he walked me straight to both of the deer that I shot this week. I think a lightbulb went off in his head and he is gonna be a fine tracking dog. It's great too because he's about 135lbs and a big black bear was spotted just a few hundred yards from my land (no I'm not saying he could kill a bear but it might give me enough time to pull out my pistol or get away!)

He is VERY protective, in a smart way, of our family and our land too so that's great.
Posted By: bigt

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by bama1971
Originally Posted by blumsden

they do in the south zone.... 10 days.

It should be longer than 10 days, but beggars can't be choosy with this kill as many as you can mentality of our Department of Conservation....they ain't conserving a damn thing when it comes to doe limits
Posted By: walt4dun

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/18/19 10:37 PM

I am still seeing spotted fawns the size of Boykin spaniel’s in the southern zone
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/19/19 02:04 PM

Congrats! It is kind of strange to see a doe with large tits this time of year, but I think BhamFred did make a good observation and there may be a fawn nearby because sometimes the doe will feed and leave the fawn safely in the bushes sometimes a hundred yards or so away and if is not weaned it will not survive. Sometimes they will drop a little late and was wondering if you had this deer on camera?
Posted By: bigt

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/19/19 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Honolua

I need your number. Next time I have some deer come in to my stand and make a very educated decision about how I manage the herd on my own land, I will call you to make sure I get your approval.

I manage deer ethically and with conservation of the future herd in mind. I let way more deer walk than I take.

You might actually need to get his number and use his advice ..........
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/19/19 05:07 PM

Y’all relax. I shoot nursing does every single year. Killed 5 out of one tree in bow season a few years ago and all 7 fawns were fine. They were all still there at the end of season and healthy as could be.
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/19/19 06:15 PM

😂

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/19/19 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by bigt

You might actually need to get his number and use his advice ..........

Tell you what, when I need advice on how to be an armchair quarterback I know where to go; OR, I could rely on my personal knowledge and better education of the Deer on My Own Land.

This education comes from:
Thousands of dollars spent meeting nutritional needs during the off season,

Managing predators,

Hundreds of hours in the stand each each year,

Thousands of pictures,

and hours and hours of video watching these EXACT deer.

I am absolutely NOT a, " If it's brown it's down guy." I educate myself and ask questions directly to biologists (one has already commented above), QDMA, guys, read, watch and learn everything I can about the specific and unique needs of the deer on MY OWN PRIVATE LAND.

When I kill a deer it is an educated decision not one of shoot everything in the woods. If am heavy handed with the does on my land because we are slap covered up with them. Last year I took two. Year before I didn't take any from this property.

Instead of worrying about the deer on my property, leave that to me since I have physical evidence with which to make educated decisions.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/19/19 08:00 PM

How many of y'all non-doe shooting 'pro managers' ACTIVELY kill coyotes YEAR ROUND to do your part on seeing fawns make it into at least juvenile age? I have my suspicions.
Posted By: dsayer

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/20/19 01:24 AM

Haters gonna hate. Great start to YOUR season Honolua!
Posted By: mman

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/21/19 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
Y’all relax. I shoot nursing does every single year. Killed 5 out of one tree in bow season a few years ago and all 7 fawns were fine. They were all still there at the end of season and healthy as could be.

Don't go bringing logic to a discussion fueled by emotion...

I have witnessed the same thing. Last year, we had a spot that someone hunted that he said was like a deer daycare. There were several fawns running around where the does had been shot during archery. We don't kill too many does during rifle season.

However, as I get older, I won't shoot a known nursing doe, not for logical reasons, but because I don't want to.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/21/19 06:36 PM

If the fawn isn't in sight, how are you supposed to know if it is nursing or not? Just don't shoot any does? Install mirrors all over the ground so you can see their tits?
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/21/19 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by jono23
If the fawn isn't in sight, how are you supposed to know if it is nursing or not? Just don't shoot any does? Install mirrors all over the ground so you can see their tits?

You perv!!! 😁
Posted By: jono23

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/21/19 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

You perv!!! 😁

Hey, I'm only a man!
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/21/19 07:08 PM

install mirrors all over the ground so you can see their tits?

cellular ground game cams ... they're called the Mardi Gras float cam's - show me your titties

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/21/19 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude

cellular ground game cams ... they're called the Mardi Gras float cam's - show me your titties

Do they come with Corn bead necklaces? You're a maniac! I hope your doing well, man.
Posted By: znrichie

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/21/19 08:26 PM

If it’s legal shoot what makes you happy! You buy your hunting license to hunt, screw what other people think. If there’s no fawn around how are you suppose to know. Haters gone hate
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/22/19 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nightwatchman

We couldn't be happier with ours. He is amazing and he walked me straight to both of the deer that I shot this week. I think a lightbulb went off in his head and he is gonna be a fine tracking dog. It's great too because he's about 135lbs and a big black bear was spotted just a few hundred yards from my land (no I'm not saying he could kill a bear but it might give me enough time to pull out my pistol or get away!)

He is VERY protective, in a smart way, of our family and our land too so that's great.

I hope something clicks in our dog's head. He's just real skittish. He almost died of parvo when he was a puppy not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/22/19 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude

Do they come with Corn bead necklaces? You're a maniac! I hope your doing well, man.

LOL probably!!! doing good, bro - glad you're having success this season - take care, bud!
Posted By: jpippin

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/22/19 03:49 PM

I want the milk if you saved it. I love to drink fawn milk after the momma has been gigged.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/22/19 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by jpippin
I want the milk if you saved it. I love to drink fawn milk after the momma has been gigged.

[Linked Image]

Re: Two deer in three days...what a blessing. - 10/22/19 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by jpippin

taste good??

[Linked Image]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM