Aldeer.com

Pinhoti project

Posted By: Hevishot13

Pinhoti project - 10/16/19 03:02 AM

Idk if you deer huntin boys are familiar with Dave Owens of the pinhoti project or not. Big turkey hunting dude that self films all his public land hunts and does it quite well. Nice guy that I’ve met on several occasions. Well he just put out a Kentucky self filmed bow hunt and it’s a goodin!
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/16/19 03:24 AM

I watched it the other day. I love how Dave doesn’t sugar coat anything. He was really pissed at himself for taking that shot.
Posted By: Hoytdad10

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/16/19 12:00 PM

Watched it yesterday at lunch. Really liked it. Pretty good tracking dog as well.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/16/19 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hoytdad10
Watched it yesterday at lunch. Really liked it. Pretty good tracking dog as well.

I watched it as well.

Wished it had mentioned how far the deer was (found) from where hit. If it did mention it, I missed it.

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/16/19 01:01 PM

What a rodeo! It’s good to see he has the same passion and ethics when chasing deer. Killas gonna be killas
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/16/19 01:29 PM

Awesome video but makes me wonder does he ever work? I can't imagine being gone that often with 3 plus months of turkey season and then all of that time bowhunting...
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/16/19 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gobble4me757
Awesome video but makes me wonder does he ever work? I can't imagine being gone that often with 3 plus months of turkey season and then all of that time bowhunting...

I've often wondered the same thing........in many of his turkey hunting videos, he mentions that it's getting late in the morning and he's gotta get to work....and then gone a lot. He's just about gotta either be self-employed or it's his family's business or something to have that kind of freedom.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/16/19 02:14 PM

I think I remember someone saying he ran a family owned pest control business or something but decided to quit last year and is making a living off of Pinhoti Project merch and youtube royalties. I may be terribly mistaken though.
Posted By: Fullthrottle

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/16/19 04:43 PM

Watched it last night. I’m glad he called a dog
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/16/19 05:18 PM

Wow. What a fiasco, with a happy ending!
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/17/19 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by BOFF
Wished it had mentioned how far the deer was (found) from where hit. If it did mention it, I missed it.

watched this last night; wow, what a saga! i don't think he mentioned it, David; i got confused when they started talking about crossing the water & looking on the other side & the tracking dog chewing on sticks ???
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/18/19 03:34 PM

For those that were asking, just read where he said they found the buck across the river, about 75 yds into the woods.
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/19/19 11:45 PM

Dave discusses his work situation in a podcast interview with Southern Sportsmen, Episode 85 on Podbean. He has a relative that has a pest control business that he works for.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/20/19 12:56 AM

Regardless of his work situation, he’s a special kind of crazy. Meant with all due respect. Even if I didn’t work, there’s no way I’d chase turkeys every single day for 3 months straight.
Posted By: therealhojo

Re: Pinhoti project - 10/22/19 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Coosa1
I think I remember someone saying he ran a family owned pest control business or something but decided to quit last year and is making a living off of Pinhoti Project merch and youtube royalties. I may be terribly mistaken though.

Making money on YouTube, especially in the hunting industry now, is a TOUGH gig.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM