Aldeer.com

3 point or pull behind spreader

Posted By: bamabeagler

3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/20/19 02:32 PM

Fixing to buy a new spreader. Going to be spreading fertilizer, seed, and pelletized lime occasionally. Which do y’all prefer and why?
Posted By: blumsden

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/20/19 03:37 PM

Is this for your atv? If so I would go with one that attached to the rack, because you can take it anywhere over rough terrain and ditches. I've had pull behinds turn over due to the wheelbase being so narrow. With you saying 3 pt, I guess your talking for your tractor. I like 3 point for the tractor due to the same reason I mentioned before.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/20/19 03:41 PM

I prefer pull behind. That way I don't have to disconnect the PTO as often. If your ground is reasonably flat and you can get away with it, go with a pull behind. Get a wide wheel base.
Posted By: Rmart30

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/20/19 06:17 PM

3 pt vs tow behind im going 3 pt. Doesnt turn over, can drive faster, and can throw a wider swath if needed since it runs off pto speed vs ground speed.
Posted By: therealhojo

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/20/19 06:41 PM

I have 3 different. The Moultrie Electric gate with the UTV attachment, Pull behind Land Pride for UTV and 3 point hitch. All 3 have their use. But in the past several months I have used the pull behind UTV model more. I will not put fertlizer in the electric Moultrie.

I really like the pull behind.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/20/19 06:56 PM

3pt
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/20/19 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270
I prefer pull behind. That way I don't have to disconnect the PTO as often..

Explain this please.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/20/19 08:19 PM

I use pull behind. I don’t want to unhook my quick hitch from tractor. So 3pt spreader is out for me
Posted By: Shhwing

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/20/19 09:22 PM

I have the land pride pull behind. I like this option so I can keep my disk on the tractor and spread all my seed and fertilizer with my polaris ranger then jump on tractor to cover. Only time ive every dumped it over was because i run over a stump with 250# of fertilizer in the spreader. they are a little top heavy full just watch out for high spots like a stump. The land pride has a pin in the axle so you dont grind on your seed or fertilizer running from food plot to food plot. unpin it if your going a good ways or wanting to run fast with it. Haven't had any issues with it going on 4 years of owning with planting over 30 food plots a year over 1500 acres. Few friends have borrowed it to plant their spots also. I grease and rinse off after every use.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/20/19 11:43 PM

Here's a question, what's the best one for slinging fertilizer?
Posted By: Remington270

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/21/19 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by jwalker77

Explain this please.

I keep the bushhog hooked up to the tractor. Side x side pulls the spreader.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/21/19 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
I use pull behind. I don’t want to unhook my quick hitch from tractor. So 3pt spreader is out for me

Yep, them five ton pull behinds are nice.
Posted By: CD

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/21/19 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by jwalker77

Explain this please.

I keep the bushhog hooked up to the tractor. Side x side pulls the spreader.

This. Back in the club days, we seeded almost 60 acres a year for nearly 10 years with a pull behind. That little spreader was the best piece of equipment we ever bought. Multiple tractors discing, a 4-wheeler spreading, and another tractor dragging worked great for us.

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/21/19 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag

If you were running cat 1 hitch you'd throw it away lol

Re: 3 point or pull behind spreader - 09/21/19 02:50 AM

To put out clover and clay or winter peas I use a small pull behind . It done bust up te seed
© 2024 ALDEER.COM