Aldeer.com

Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class?

Posted By: Goose11

Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/18/19 12:09 PM

Can anyone tell me when & where a hunter education class is gonna be offered in North Alabama, we live in Tuscumbia. I have a couple of young men from church who’d like to go hunting this year but haven’t taken the class. I want them to actually go to a class not take it online. Thanks!!
Posted By: James

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/18/19 12:36 PM

Do they still do 'em? I agree with ya, some people need the hands on experience...

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/18/19 12:44 PM

https://huntered.dcnr.alabama.gov/Public/

Looks like colbert county is filled. Maybe try a surrounding county? When you select a county and hit continue it will show you correct time & dates, i tried Colbert, and its said limit has been reached....
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/18/19 02:02 PM

If I remember correctly from when I took mine in Ag class at school it wasnt very hands on you pretty much just get a pamphlet to read over and the test is taken in silence a few days later and monitored not much difference from online except the monitor.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/18/19 03:48 PM

Yea, unless its changed, its just a gamewarden talking about safety and taking questions.
Posted By: Goose11

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/18/19 03:49 PM

Ok, thanks guys! Especially for that link!! I don’t know why I couldn’t find that. I think online might be the easier way.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/18/19 04:29 PM

I took mine in school 20 years ago well I lost my number n decided to buy a license few years later n the lady on the phone couldn't find it in system and issued me a new one 🤣 I just told her the instructor name

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/18/19 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by blumsden
Yea, unless its changed, its just a gamewarden talking about safety and taking questions.

Well two i attended Baldwin County were a little different, they done some hands on stuff, even had volunteers (my wife was one of them) sho people how to properly unload & load firearms, and there was several in the class that didn't even know the difference between a rifle cartridge & shotshell, my Wife was not one of those lol
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/19/19 02:13 AM

I'd just do the online class and teach them safety yourself.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/19/19 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by blumsden

Yeah do it all online. Its a waiste of time in person. Its a joke.
Posted By: Jakethesnake

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/19/19 02:20 AM

That class is not enough to send them out alone. They would learn way more in an hour by your own class.
Posted By: Chris4x4Gill2

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/19/19 12:47 PM

the class I took - almost 25 years ago now - was very informative. They not only covered safety, and the regulations, but field dressing and even knife sharpening. Even brought in a taxidermist. Sad to hear that's not the case anymore.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Date & Location of Hunter Ed Class? - 09/19/19 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Chris4x4Gill2
the class I took - almost 25 years ago now - was very informative. They not only covered safety, and the regulations, but field dressing and even knife sharpening. Even brought in a taxidermist. Sad to hear that's not the case anymore.

I guarantee you there's a lot of game wardens that wouldn't know how to do that stuff, much less how to teach it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM