Aldeer.com

Safety Harness Question???

Posted By: USMC4910

Safety Harness Question??? - 09/14/19 07:53 PM

What safety harness do y’all go with? I used to use a Gorilla, but I’ve been using the cheap ones that come with the stands for the last few years. Now I’m looking for a better, more comfortable and easier to use harness. Thanks for y’alls help.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/14/19 08:22 PM

I use the Spider harness with the Summit tree strap/lineman's rope.
Posted By: rblaker

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/14/19 08:29 PM

Muddy Safeguard
Posted By: USMC4910

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/14/19 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by rblaker
Muddy Safeguard

I’ve been looking at the Muddy Harnesses and I like what I see. I haven’t looked at them in person yet.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/15/19 12:10 AM

Hunter Safety System
Posted By: biscuit1979

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/15/19 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Squadron77
I use the Spider harness with the Summit tree strap/lineman's rope.

This
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/15/19 12:55 AM

Summit
Posted By: kkfish

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/15/19 12:57 AM

What Shaw said
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/15/19 01:24 AM

I have a HSS ultralight and a HSS pro series. The pro is mesh warmer and good for cold weather and has quite a few pockets and bino harness The ultralight is simple and light. The hybrid is what I’d get if I needed another it is a ultralight with pockets and bino harness
Posted By: G/H

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/15/19 01:39 AM

HSS
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/15/19 02:14 AM

A rock climbing harness. Once I made my own tether, it worked perfectly for me. I'll never wear another harness that attaches at the shoulder blades again.
Posted By: James

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/15/19 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Clem

Hunter Safety System
Posted By: kpswihart

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/15/19 12:06 PM

Whatever you use, make sure you also have a suspension relief device. Keep it accessible and know how to use it.
Posted By: deerfeeder89

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/15/19 01:41 PM

I use these. The harness is really comfortable and don't get very hot like the full vest ones do and it's still gives you some pockets. If I new these were as easy to put on on as comfortable as they are I would have bought one along time ago. I've been using these for awhile now before I didn't use a harness because the ones the stands come with are miserable.

https://huntersafetysystem.com/products/hybrid-realtree-with-elimishield

https://huntersafetysystem.com/products/rope-style-treestrap-1
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/16/19 01:59 AM

I used HSS for several years. But two years ago I switched over to a rock climbing harness. I don’t see myself switching back.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/16/19 02:16 AM

I used what came with stands for years. Then I bought a Summit Pro Harness a season ago. Comfortable, and can just throw it on like a jacket.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/18/19 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
A rock climbing harness. Once I made my own tether, it worked perfectly for me. I'll never wear another harness that attaches at the shoulder blades again.

^^^this^^^

Petzl Aspir for me. I just use the HSS rope-style tree strap, hooked directly into the loop on the front of the harness
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/18/19 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Clem

Hunter Safety System

I use one of those too
You have to watch out for the car seat buckles though. Youch!!
Posted By: pcoladoc

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/18/19 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

^^^this^^^

Petzl Aspir for me. I just use the HSS rope-style tree strap, hooked directly into the loop on the front of the harness

I use similar harness - my only issue is I have lifelines on most of my lock-ons. Ascending is easy but once I'm in the seat - my tether isn't long enough to be comfortable. I haven't figured out a solution yet.
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/18/19 05:08 PM

^^^this^^^

Are y’all hunting from a stand or saddle?

Can y’all post a pick of what your setup looks like? I bought a RCH last year and I didn’t really care for it but I’m trying to make it work.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/18/19 05:25 PM

stands, don't have a pic. with the HSS rope tree strap, you can just move it up the tree as you go if you're using a climber. for ladders or lock-ons, a lifeline is ideal. clip a tether from harness to the prusic knot on the lifeline and move the knot up as you go.
Posted By: NSDQ160

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/18/19 05:26 PM

I use a Summit Seat of the Pants. Easy to get on and off
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/18/19 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by bigcountry692001

^^^this^^^

Are y’all hunting from a stand or saddle?

Can y’all post a pick of what your setup looks like? I bought a RCH last year and I didn’t really care for it but I’m trying to make it work.

I hunt out of climbers, lock ons, and ladder stands. I didn’t care for them at first cause I was using a tether from a store bought safety harness. Once I made my own, it worked perfectly.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: Safety Harness Question??? - 09/18/19 11:14 PM

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2592462&Searchpage=1&Main=187798&Words=%2BLinesman&Search=true#Post2592462
© 2024 ALDEER.COM