Aldeer.com

Monopod for Ladder stand

Posted By: Hunt305

Monopod for Ladder stand - 08/31/19 12:29 AM

Anyone use a monopod for ladder stand or lockons without shooting rails? Looking to get one and haven’t heard great things about trigger sticks. Any opinions?
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Monopod for Ladder stand - 08/31/19 12:34 AM

I use a stick. It's cheaper.
Posted By: daylate

Re: Monopod for Ladder stand - 08/31/19 12:39 AM

I use a monopod trigger stick with a Primos treestand base cable tied to the stand. Works great. I don't know why but all treestands have shooting rails sized for midgets.
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: Monopod for Ladder stand - 08/31/19 12:41 AM

I've used one. It was mainly a walking stick. Never really used for shooting to much, as it didn't steady my hand all that much. I dont remember the brand but it was telescopic. Didn't cost much either. Get one and try it. Couldn't hurt.
Posted By: bud334

Re: Monopod for Ladder stand - 09/01/19 12:58 AM

I actually have used the monopod and the one with two legs. Go ahead and get you a good one with two legs and thank me later. I never go on a hunt without it now. Even in shooting houses I carry it bc if it doesn’t have a good rail you can always support the rear of the rifle with the sticks
Posted By: WARPhEAGLE

Re: Monopod for Ladder stand - 09/03/19 02:10 AM

Ive got a set of cheap shooting sticks that are the collapsable kind, that easily slide down in my muck boots on the outside of my leg. When I get set up, I pull them out and open them up and they work great. I don't want anything heavy duty or thick just something to steady my aim. Works great. I have also cut a limb and used it the same way if I happen to go off and forget my regular ones.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM