Aldeer.com

2019-20 DEER CONTEST

Posted By: slippinlipjr

2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/26/19 12:22 AM

Let's do it folks. The sign up thread is open for business in the TEAM ALDEER FORUM. This year the winning team will receive CALD and Aldeer stickers.
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/26/19 01:15 AM

There should be some high scores this year. Everyone will be able to kill a buck and doe now that they can pile up the corn.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/26/19 01:36 AM

Thanks slippin!

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/26/19 01:38 AM

There's high scores every year for folks that participate. Just make sure y'all keep the contest in your mind once you sign up. Other team members are counting on you. I've added a new way to get some extra points for a deer this year also.
Posted By: jawbone

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/26/19 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by slippinlipjr
There's high scores every year for folks that participate. Just make sure y'all keep the contest in your mind once you sign up. Other team members are counting on you. I've added a new way to get some extra points for a deer this year also.

I would love to participate but it is not fair to my team members that I see a lot and just simply choose to let them walk these days. I'd feel guilty letting them walk but don't ever want to kill a deer just for a contest. Now if I could get credit for videoing them, it would be different.
Posted By: bigt

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 12:29 AM

This is the only thing that makes me hesitant to join because I would hate to penalize my team because I didn’t kill a doe..........5 Bonus points will be awarded to each team where each member kills and enters a doe.

I just think for us guys hunting in areas that do not support shooting does this an unnecessary penalty.

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by bigt
This is the only thing that makes me hesitant to join because I would hate to penalize my team because I didn’t kill a doe..........5 Bonus points will be awarded to each team where each member kills and enters a doe.

I just think for us guys hunting in areas that do not support shooting does this an unnecessary penalty.

I thought of this as well Tony. Only reason I didn't get rid of that this year is because a lot of folks are used to it. Thought about replacing that with either a coyote or hog.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 12:39 AM

I thought of this as well Tony. Only reason I didn't get rid of that this year is because a lot of folks are used to it. Thought about replacing that with either a coyote or hog.

Just an idea. Instead of a doe Could just make it 2 deer, one of which will only be worth 5 points max. That way those that don’t want or need to shoot does can contribute on the bonus points.

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards

Just an idea. Instead of a doe Could just make it 2 deer, one of which will only be worth 5 points max. That way those that don’t want or need to shoot does can contribute on the bonus points.

Fine idea there sir.
Posted By: MC21

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 01:15 AM

I like that and I also like the idea of a hog or coyote. But I realize not everybody has hogs or coyotes.
Posted By: sj22

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 01:26 AM

It really doesn’t matter what you make the rules because you’ll still have people sign up and never show up again just like the turkey contest, I already see one I know of that’s signed up and he was on a team with me before and never heard from him after signing up but maybe he’ll participate in the deer contest. I’d be fine with it being bucks only
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 02:44 AM

I have looked over several hunting forum hunting contest rules. Most have a minimum post count but I do see that as a problem on ALDEER. Some have you list your previous years harvest to help in the draw some way...I'm not sure how. After the teams are drawn members have 2-3 days to check in or you are dropped and teams are reassigned where necessary. Here is one I liked, each team has a 6 doe limit and it doesn't matter which members post them. I looked over the last 4-5 seasons and a little over 30% never post an entry. I appreciate slippinlipjr and YEKRUT for doing all the work on these contest and hate to see it become more work than it's worth. This is and should be for fun.
Posted By: Out back

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 12:36 PM

Don't get too caught up in the competition guys. It's just for a little fun. I mean the grand prize is worth a whopping $7.00 so just have fun.
Posted By: DeerTracker

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 03:58 PM

Again, if you don't plan to hunt or participate with your team on its discussion and do your part, please don't sign up. Go do something you enjoy. Your lack of commitment and participation really hamstrings a team for its final score. I know this is for fun but as someone famous once said (maybe Vince Lombardi) If it was just for fun, why then are we keeping score???
Posted By: Shaw

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
Don't get too caught up in the competition guys. It's just for a little fun. I mean the grand prize is worth a whopping $7.00 so just have fun.

Hell, I’ve seen grown men cheat to win a $5 trophy before.

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Shaw

Some guys will go to great lengths to win a penis measuring contest. 😆
Posted By: jb20

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 04:37 PM

I would if the rules to change like said above and have one buck count in place of doe because I won't shoot one with rifle and I don't kill one every year with my bow
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Squadron77
Here is one I liked, each team has a 6 doe limit and it doesn't matter which members post them.

I like the sound of that
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 06:53 PM

How about an ultimate aldeer.. Most points aggregate, heaviest doe and heaviest buck.
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/27/19 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by MC21

I like that and I also like the idea of a hog or coyote. But I realize not everybody has hogs or coyotes.

To listen to some on here they don't have deer either but corn will miraculously make them appear and they will all be ginormous, without the need to hunt. Good luck and carry on!
Posted By: sanderson

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/28/19 01:43 AM

First year ever signing up for this. I’m sure I’ll screw something up so if i do let me know about it

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/28/19 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by sanderson
First year ever signing up for this. I’m sure I’ll screw something up so if i do let me know about it

Only way to screw it up is to forget to take pics of the deer you kill.....the right kind of pics. It'll be fun. I think ribbing each other is the best part.

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/28/19 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by jb20
I would if the rules to change like said above and have one buck count in place of doe because I won't shoot one with rifle and I don't kill one every year with my bow

It is 5 extra points to the team that all kill a doe. Here is how often it happened last year.

Team 1 - Free range in the big pen Buck - Doe - Total - 52
Audeerhunter 5 5
Marshmud991 13 5 18
Turkeymaster 16 16
NortonZ7
Bowhunter84 13 0 13
foldemup

Team 2 – Antler Assassins Buck - Doe - Total - 37
sugaray 5 5
hopper35005 14 14
captcasey5
rolltidehunter 13 13
Jhogeland
Cdub 5 5

Team 3 Silent But Deadly Buck - Doe - Total - 60
jhardy
Jellyhead11 14 5 19
GetTHWACKED
Beadlescomb 11 5 16
MattIce 5 5
ALABAMABUCKBASHER 15 5 20

Team 4 – Pine Goat Mafia Buck - Doe - Total - 51
jbatey1
jlbuc10
bugman
squadron77 14 5 19
skintback 13 5 18
ColeT 14 14

Team 5 – High Up Buck - Doe - Total - 44
API
smitty75 12 12
Turkey_neck
wareaglewill
Powpow65 13 5 18
dBmV 14 14

Team 6 – Pecker Checkers Buck - Doe - Total - 36
Hayzeus
SouthBamaSlayer 13 5 18
jallencrockett
johndeere5036 13 13
CarbonClimber1
Gobble4me757 5 5

Team 7 – Outta Sight Corn Killers Buck - Doe - Total - 53
treebender 5 5
Bustinbeards 13 13
joshm28 15 15
Bamaturkeykilla
Mteague
effinacotton 15 5 20

Team 8 – Camo Captains Buck - Doe - Total - 46
bamaeyedoc
todd w 13 13
Deerhunter_1 13 5 18
scrubbuck 15 15
Jlu509
sulli

Team 9 – The Settlers Buck - Doe - Total - 83
cobiaphil 10 5 20
YAK-EM' 15 15
Guru
StoneMan 12 5 17
!Shiloh! 13 5 18
jaredhunts 13 13

Team 10 – Blood Trail Brotherhood Buck - Doe - Total - 48
BigGameHunter 5 5
Possum Hunter 13 13
Slayinbucks24/7 13 5 18
Slingshot 9?
Highlander
DeerTracker 7 5 12

Team 11 – First Blood Buck - Doe - Total - 96
sj22 14 5 19
Reptar 14 5 19
Claims rep 14 5 19
WEMOhunter 13 13
Fireman12 13 13
mcfack 13 13

Team 12 – Greenfield Berets Buck - Doe - Total - 64
moodyc24 5 5
Msims 767
MC21 5 5
Atoler 15 5 20
bigt 14 14
Duxslayer 15 5 20

Team 13 Eating Yellow Snow Buck - Doe - Total - 17
CatHeadBiscuit
Shaneomac2
Deer Crossing
Turkeyjery1
Cleckler 12 5 17
rblaker

Team 14 – Stickin' Fatties Buck - Doe - Total - 41
mww460
Auwrestler 17 5 22
jdfarm23 5 5
gcr0003 9 5 14
claybird
Hoss606

Team 15 – Buck Busters Buck - Doe - Total - 56
Razorsharp123
LG 14 5 19
Buckridge17 9 5 14
mw2015
Cuz-Pat 13 5 18
Gatorbait154 5 5

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/28/19 03:18 AM

Don't forget the shipping Mark. Fiddy cents.
grin
Posted By: bigt

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/28/19 05:32 PM

I like that idea for next year
Posted By: jallencrockett

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/29/19 09:28 AM

Come on guys thats just mean showing me sucking hind teat... I feel confident that I missed more great deer then maybe all of you combined. Now its in permenent record.. Ouch.

Spent all summer making dang sure this doesnt happen by me again. (glasses, scopes, shooting rest, trigger etc). Now if somebody can tell me how to kill this monkey on my back. Previously if I saw a deer it was history if I wanted it. Now Im like maybe I can hit it at 20 yards standing still broadside...

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/29/19 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by jallencrockett
Come on guys thats just mean showing me sucking hind teat... I feel confident that I missed more great deer then maybe all of you combined. Now its in permenent record.. Ouch.

Spent all summer making dang sure this doesnt happen by me again. (glasses, scopes, shooting rest, trigger etc). Now if somebody can tell me how to kill this monkey on my back. Previously if I saw a deer it was history if I wanted it. Now Im like maybe I can hit it at 20 yards standing still broadside...

Don't feel bad. Age has caught up with me too. There was a time that I could centerpunch a deer's heart, with a pistol, at 100 yards. (and I have witnesses to confirm that) but nowadays I'm lucky to hit one, with a rifle, at 100 yards.

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/29/19 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by jallencrockett

It wasn't permanent record that you missed so many deer until you just posted that. grin

Don't feel bad. I missed quite a few myself last year. It was the gun's fault though. I have witnesses to prove it. Lol. That giant buck couldn't believe I shot at him 5 times and my shotgun fell apart. He just stood there in awe.
Posted By: bigcountry692001

Re: 2019-20 DEER CONTEST - 08/30/19 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Shaw

Some guys will go to great lengths to win a penis measuring contest. 😆

Not as far as perch will go to be the judge😂
© 2024 ALDEER.COM