Aldeer.com

Mobile tensaw delta

Posted By: Sandmtnslayer

Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 01:05 AM

Any of u guys hunt this? Saw it gator hunting looks like it's only accessible by boat. Any good deer there?
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 01:29 AM

Hogs no deer
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 01:37 AM

Bs!!! Plenty of deer. Just make sure you hide your boat real well and secure the outboard.

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 01:41 AM

Yea I was kinda afraid of that part

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 01:48 AM

Are they really stupid enough to mess with ur stuff knowing u have a high powered rifle?

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sandmtnslayer
Are they really stupid enough to mess with ur stuff knowing u have a high powered rifle?

Yes, some teenagers got got a few years back messing with some guys River house out there

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 02:06 AM

What a bunch of morons

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 02:21 AM

Right near three mile island. I grew up hog hunting out there. Dad didn’t fool with deer.

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 02:52 AM

I don't really know anything about that place just looked like be sum good hunting back in there
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 11:33 AM

No rifles except for a couple weekends. Mostly bow hunting only.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by gcr0003
Right near three mile island. I grew up hog hunting out there. Dad didn’t fool with deer.

Gravine Island is where that shooting happened.

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by hunterbuck
Originally Posted by gcr0003

Gravine Island is where that shooting happened.

Not the one I’m talking about

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 01:36 PM

Maybe I read it wrong I thought it said thur Fri sat and sun of regular state season
Posted By: quailman

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 01:39 PM

If the water's down, you can drive in off hwy 59 on Gas Line Rd. Just North of Stockton.
Posted By: Floridajew

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by quailman
If the water's down, you can drive in off hwy 59 on Gas Line Rd. Just North of Stockton.

That's how I usually get back there haven't been down in a few years now

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 04:14 PM

Maybe I read it wrong I thought it said thur Fri sat and sun of regular state season

That is correct for the lands south of I65
Posted By: BamaGrad85

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 09:53 PM

Years ago a buddy of mine had to float back to the causeway launch with a trolling motor. They took his outboard but left the trolling motor & batteries. Long trip for sure. I know, I was the one who went and picked him up @ 1:30am at the causeway boat launch. He did have a low 150 inch buck in his boat . I forgot who the GW was. I think it was Clem Parnell.
Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/25/19 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by BamaGrad85

Years ago a buddy of mine had to float back to the causeway launch with a trolling motor. They took his outboard but left the trolling motor & batteries. Long trip for sure. I know, I was the one who went and picked him up @ 1:30am at the causeway boat launch. He did have a low 150 inch buck in his boat . I forgot who the GW was. I think it was Clem Parnell.

I liked ole Clem. Been meaning to stop by and see how he's been doing.

I had a boat trailer stolen in the delta about 15 years ago. They eventually caught the guys that did it a few years back. Also had thieves break into the camp, which is across 59 from the delta. They stole a battery charger and the TV. Can't have nuthin.

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/26/19 11:15 PM

I guess I will stay out of there it just looked like a nice place to kill a good deer
Posted By: AUstan23

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/27/19 12:52 AM

I guess I will stay out of there it just looked like a nice place to kill a good deer

Horsechit. You do what you wanna do man. Dont let a few bad stories ruin the outdoor opportunities for you. People get chit stolen no matter where it is left. I had a guy try to take my climber out of the bed of my truck as he walked through the parking lot of my apartment complex. I grew up hunting those woods and creeks. Killed ducks and deer in there. Not a lot of racked bucks but a lot of fun to be had.

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/27/19 02:56 PM

If you come down here and want to go hunting in the delta, I’ll be glad to take you. Just shoot me a Pm. By the way, you got any good turkey land up there in Sylvania? smile

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/27/19 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by AUstan23

Horsechit. You do what you wanna do man. Dont let a few bad stories ruin the outdoor opportunities for you. People get chit stolen no matter where it is left. I had a guy try to take my climber out of the bed of my truck as he walked through the parking lot of my apartment complex. I grew up hunting those woods and creeks. Killed ducks and deer in there. Not a lot of racked bucks but a lot of fun to be had.

^^^^^

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/27/19 11:48 PM

Thanks brother I just like places like that where u can get away from people

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/27/19 11:49 PM

Don't have a lot of turkeys around usually hunt skyline or little river for turkey

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/28/19 01:47 AM

Ten four you come on down anyway

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/28/19 10:52 AM

We plan on moving down that direction in a few yrs sumwhere between Spanish fort and foley
Posted By: Stob

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/28/19 11:44 AM

We plan on moving down that direction in a few yrs sumwhere between Spanish fort and foley

Might as well, everybody else is.
grin
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/28/19 01:41 PM

Hunted what is now the Clearwater tract(upper delta) for 30+ years. Never had any motors stolen. Do not recall anything stolen from boat either and we stayed overnight in a camp.

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 08/28/19 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stob

Might as well, everybody else is.
grin

Don't be a hater lol
Posted By: wheelgun

Re: Mobile tensaw delta - 09/11/19 03:51 PM

Moved out of that crowded, overpriced slice of purgatory last year. In 20 years, there wont be a square inch of land south of I-10 that doesnt have a building on it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM