Aldeer.com

Inoculate or not ?

Posted By: duxlayer

Inoculate or not ? - 08/20/19 09:28 PM

For winter peas , what are some of the advantages and disadvantages of inoculation . And where can you get it .my local co op doesn’t carry any
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Inoculate or not ? - 08/20/19 09:48 PM

Inoculate allows the peas to create and use it own nitrogen. There is no reason to plant without it and most peas should already have it on them. If your co op doesn't carry it you should find another co op.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Inoculate or not ? - 08/21/19 01:11 AM

All ive bought at different place had it already on it . Just ask
Posted By: hallb

Re: Inoculate or not ? - 08/21/19 03:38 AM

Pike coop doesn't carry it either. Sounded like for some reason they couldn't get it any more.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Inoculate or not ? - 08/21/19 01:21 PM

My Austrian winter peas have always done fine and I've never added anything to them. Not sure if they were pre-innoculated.
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Inoculate or not ? - 08/21/19 02:10 PM

I/c cowpeas that I've bought for the last 25 years never were pre-inoculated and the co-ops around here stopped carrying the inoculant because no one ever asked for it and it would go bad. I asked them, why they didn't just sell it with the pea's and they said most people didn't want to fool with it.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Inoculate or not ? - 08/21/19 04:02 PM

Guys I don know ? My peas and clover I bought had it on it , red top all I buy though
Posted By: Ant67

Re: Inoculate or not ? - 08/22/19 12:56 AM

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve always understood if a broadleaf crop had previously been planted in a field then inniculation was not necessary.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM