Aldeer.com

National Forest ( Piedmont, Jacksonville Area)

Posted By: desertdog

National Forest ( Piedmont, Jacksonville Area) - 08/13/19 08:18 PM

Anyone hunted National Forest around Piedmont, Duggar Mountain area. Or the part outside of Jacksonville. I'm assuming Duggar is steep obviously. Any idea on pressure or deer numbers?
Posted By: BPI

Re: National Forest ( Piedmont, Jacksonville Area) - 08/13/19 09:47 PM

Big woods, lot's of walking and the deer are spread out on Duggar. Not a lot of roads going in. I would be willing to say if you hiked in far enough you wouldn't see a lot of company. I used to hike it in the winter and never saw anyone going in from the pinky burns trailhead of the Pinhoti.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: National Forest ( Piedmont, Jacksonville Area) - 08/14/19 12:51 AM

I think the turkey eat all the deer down that way...what i head anywho whistle

Re: National Forest ( Piedmont, Jacksonville Area) - 08/14/19 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by BPI
Big woods, lot's of walking and the deer are spread out on Duggar. Not a lot of roads going in. I would be willing to say if you hiked in far enough you wouldn't see a lot of company. I used to hike it in the winter and never saw anyone going in from the pinky burns trailhead of the Pinhoti.

Got You. I don't believe dogs can be run there unlike the Talladega side,if I'm correct?
Posted By: blumsden

Re: National Forest ( Piedmont, Jacksonville Area) - 08/14/19 11:33 AM

No deer there, stay out!
Posted By: CeeHawk37

Re: National Forest ( Piedmont, Jacksonville Area) - 08/14/19 02:09 PM

They shouldn’t be able to run dogs on that tract, granted I’ve had dogs push deer by me on NF land in Cleburne before so not saying it can’t happen. That tract is a lot of old growth woods so the deer are scattered as previously mentioned. Usually will be a couple of folks parked at the Burns trailhead on the weekends so if you can find an alternate route into the wilderness area you likely will get away from the crowd.

Re: National Forest ( Piedmont, Jacksonville Area) - 08/15/19 03:13 AM

Thanks CeeHawk
© 2024 ALDEER.COM